Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Dried chipotles are better in there anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

signalnoise posted:

IT'S MEAT, AIN'T IT

I make chili using only guanciale.

And beans.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I don't really think it's a derail; chili and cornbread are like pancakes and syrup.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

bunnielab posted:

Chili is beef + chili peppers.

And beans. Beans are very important.

I also like onion and garlic and other spices and sometimes even curry chili or making it with pork or venison or goat but pretty much there's always beans involved.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

bunnielab posted:

I am slowly coming around to beans but only in ground meat or sausage heavy chilies.

And yes, a more accurate statement would have been "beef + spices, of which fresh or dried chilies should be the main focus". Mushroom are still stupid and tomatoes are missing the point.

I'd probably side with you on the mushrooms and tomatoes thing.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

So what you're saying is that you can bend the chili?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Petition to move thread to TCC.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

mindphlux posted:

this chili thread has gone to poo poo. it's now officially on my to-do list, I'm making a new one. before the end of the year. proper, full fledged. lots of effort.

Make sure you soak the beans first.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

GrAviTy84 posted:

Kenyan Islamicness that is definitely not born in America :v:

edit: in all seriousness, that's not the worst midwest chili. at least it doesn't have cinnamon and other skyline chili poo poo.

It's better if you think of it as spaghetti sauce.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

We should probably keep in mind that Obama has two young children who need to be able to eat it.

My kid eats spicy food, as do normal healthy kids from all over. Giving kids bland food ruins them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

pr0k posted:

I keep threatening to make lamb chili. Are there any weird gotchas in the chili world that would not work with lamb? I know lamb and cumin are fast friends, can't see why it wouldn't make great chili. Experiences?

I make lamb chili all the time. It works pretty much the same as beef, but it's a bit more flavorful, I think. It's also really good with goat, if you happen to have a surplus of goat.