Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Jose posted:

So due to restrictions I don't have any fresh chili's for what I'm making on saturday. I have chili powder made from Ancho/Guajillo/De Arbol/Chipotle. Will rehydrating them and blending them change the taste at all or add anything that just making them into chili powder wouldn't?

When I use dry chillies, I cut them into strips with a pair of scissors, then rehydrate them in a deep walled vessel. Then I hit them with immersion blender to make a pepper smoothie. That's really the best way to go about it, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

You can also just not add beef and use vegetable stock. I usually make a vegetarian version when I make chili, I just don't add any meat or beef stock to one of the pots.