Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
So apparently there's a new show today at 10 called The Big Waste which is, coming from my TV's description, "Bobby Flay and Michael Symon team up to take on Anne Burrell and Alex Guarnaschelli in a culinary challenge that addresses the problem of food waste in America. Each team will have 48 hours to cater a multi-course gourmet banquet."

I don't think these are the best people for that problem; also, I guess they address this problem during this banquet? Or maybe they must use everything and leave no waste? I have never seen a commercial for this show at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Same here. But I guess that's not good enough for Food Network.

There actually IS a documentary on Netflix about exactly this, though. It's called "Dive!: Living Off America's Waste"

It's not a series, just a one-off special. I think.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
That sounds like something great. I guess there's another cooking show to follow.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Wait, what? I don't remember that part at all.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Since this thread seems to be the general place for talking about cooking shows, I've just found out about a new show called "Time Machine Chefs". It's in ABC of all places and features two TC:Masters contestants, Smith and Cosentino.

http://abc.go.com/shows/time-machine-chefs

I also found out that there'll be a competition between Bourdain and Nigella but that's a different show called "The Taste".

I don't understand. :psyduck:

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Is it a direct competition between the two or will they have like teams of chefs competing against each other or what?

Teams of chef competing against each other. More info:
http://eater.com/archives/2012/06/05/anthony-bourdain-nigella-lawson-to-host-a-cooking-reality-show-on-abc.php
http://eater.com/archives/2012/07/09/the-taste-bourdain-and-nigellas-show-gets-a-name.php

And TC:The Cruise is a thing.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Sugar Dome.

I think it's supposed to be like Thunder Dome but less violent? And no Mel Gibson?

Also, did you know a prequel to Mad Max was greenlit this year? You learn something new every day.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Season 1 is bad but after that it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
How can you live this long but have that much faith in people?

• Locked thread