Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO if you smoke cigarettes or vape. Juul is the new thing.

*touches earpiece*

It appears tobacco sales have plummeted since Juul's release so now congress is rapidly moving to ban them and all vapes in the name of freedom. God bless America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

*touches earpiece*

It appears tobacco sales have plummeted since Juul's release so now congress is rapidly moving to ban them and all vapes in the name of freedom. God bless America.

Now Millennials are ruining tobacco sales.doc

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My only close experience with a vaper was at a Red Sox game and this drunk rear end college dude was being a real tool puffin on his Juul and telling everyone it was ok because it wasn’t a cigarette. I’ve never wanted to push someone over a railing so badly.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The restrooms our high school are referred to as "juulrooms" currently.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mammal Sauce posted:

The restrooms our high school are referred to as "juulrooms" currently.

Do they also ask about a Gatekeeper or Keymaster?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Lurking Haro posted:

Do they also ask about a Gatekeeper or Keymaster?

That's too witty for my clientele.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Nah. Not seeing it. Juulist isn't nearly as ridiculable as lol yes it is

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

*touches earpiece*

i smoke those fat brown bones

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
All these people walking around with an oral fixation should just suck dicks imo.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL3AuyOfBtI

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

maybe you can tell yourself that theyre coming for you, but you dont know that, i vape for the lord, and that is what is important for me and you and for the lord and the ATF and the FBI. the lord god tells me to lock the children in the fridge and vape a lot by myself and that is a prophecy

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

On top of that, vaping can be very ostentatious.

The word you were looking for there was 'obnoxious'.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Its both

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Vaping is fine, it's people who take it on as a loving identity that are obnoxious and lovely. Same with how smoking weed is chill and good but people who wear weed leaf patterned clothes and spend all their time talking about it are the loving worst. I think that goes for just about any part of consumer culture, basing your identity or forming a community based on the products you consume is shallow and obnoxious.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

bike tory posted:

Vaping is fine, it's people who take it on as a loving identity that are obnoxious and lovely. Same with how smoking weed is chill and good but people who wear weed leaf patterned clothes and spend all their time talking about it are the loving worst. I think that goes for just about any part of consumer culture, basing your identity or forming a community based on the products you consume is shallow and obnoxious.

:capitalism:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

So does vaping have to involve huge clouds twice the size of the fedora'd slob sucking on his robot dick, or are those the coal rollers of the vaping world?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mammal Sauce posted:

So does vaping have to involve huge clouds twice the size of the fedora'd slob sucking on his robot dick, or are those the coal rollers of the vaping world?

The cool teens juul, which has tiny clouds.

The lardass fedora gang have "rigs" which billow out the massive clouds of dr. pepper flavored stupidity. Everyone laughs at them.

The smelly trailer park idiots smoke.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No such things as obsessed fans in non capitalist countries.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Juuliets

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

bike tory posted:

Holden or Ford, mate?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The cool teens juul, which has tiny clouds.

Oh, I know. I teach high school and all the cool kids try to charge them with their Chromebooks during class.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mammal Sauce posted:

Oh, I know. I teach high school and all the cool kids try to charge them with their Chromebooks during class.

loving genius to design them to look like a wifi dongle

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The word you were looking for there was 'obnoxious'.

I said exactly the word I intended to say. :colbert:

Because...

bike tory posted:

Mammal Sauce posted:

Okay. A bit of :goonsay: here, a bit of :eng101: here.

Vapes spun out of e-cigs, and both are nominally smoking cessation devices.

Some people can quit smoking with the little e-cigs, but other people need something that mimics the feel of smoking as well. In the latter case, the addiction is less to the nicotine and more to the feel of smoking. That's the origin of all these robot dicksbox mods - people would slap together Li-Ion batteries and build their own coils and solder together boards and etc. to get a higher power output (and therefore, more vapor and more "smoking" feel.) Li-ion batteries can be really loving dangerous if you don't know how to deal with them electronically, so the people who knew enough not to blow themselves up with the batteries started selling their mods - and the people who didn't know enough started buying them.

The problem came when people saw it, started saying "oh hey that looks cool," and it became the new thing. Very seldom will you find people who use them to quit smoking tobacco say that non-smokers should pick them up in the first place.

Obviously yes, I vape and I have a "robot-dick," but I also smoked tobacco for 15+ years. The above is personal experience and stories from having hung around e-cig forums for years - well before vaping became popular. #ididitbeforeitwascool etc.

And just so I have some content so I'm not technically contributing to the derail... :v:

And now I'm going to go back to lurking this thread.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

bike tory posted:

Adidas or Puma, motherfucker?

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Nov 3, 2018

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I said exactly the word I intended to say. :colbert:

Because...

Okay. A bit of :goonsay: here, a bit of :eng101: here.

Vapes spun out of e-cigs, and both are nominally smoking cessation devices.

Some people can quit smoking with the little e-cigs, but other people need something that mimics the feel of smoking as well. In the latter case, the addiction is less to the nicotine and more to the feel of smoking. That's the origin of all these robot dicksbox mods - people would slap together Li-Ion batteries and build their own coils and solder together boards and etc. to get a higher power output (and therefore, more vapor and more "smoking" feel.) Li-ion batteries can be really loving dangerous if you don't know how to deal with them electronically, so the people who knew enough not to blow themselves up with the batteries started selling their mods - and the people who didn't know enough started buying them.

The problem came when people saw it, started saying "oh hey that looks cool," and it became the new thing. Very seldom will you find people who use them to quit smoking tobacco say that non-smokers should pick them up in the first place.

Obviously yes, I vape and I have a "robot-dick," but I also smoked tobacco for 15+ years. The above is personal experience and stories from having hung around e-cig forums for years - well before vaping became popular. #ididitbeforeitwascool etc.

And just so I have some content so I'm not technically contributing to the derail... :v:

And now I'm going to go back to lurking this thread.

Haha you vape

Am I doing this right?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Okay, so you quit smoking by vaping instead. Good for you, honestly, that's great.

But you know what the next step is, right? The end goal is still to fuckin' quit.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Karate Bastard posted:

Haha you vape

Am I doing this right?

More properly, "We get it Epsilon, you vape." Except I was trying not to be "that guy." :v:

Usage is more like...
Someone rolling down the street with a car that's loud for the sake of being loud - "We get it, you have a small penis." (in other words, they're compensating for something.) Alternately, "We get it, you have a loud car."
Someone who is at a BBQ, talking loudly about how terrible the meat industry is and how could we hurt all those cute fuzzy animals - "We get it, you're vegan."
Someone who is blowing massive clouds in people's faces and keeps talking about how cool it is and brings it up out of context and won't STFU when you're obviously not interested - "We get it, you vape."
Someone who keeps talking about how much better PC games are when people are talking about console exclusives - "We get it, you're PC master race."

So... more like a dismissive way to say "yeah, we get it, but you're being really obnoxious about whatever you're talking about/doing." To give counterpoints to the examples, you wouldn't say the same thing to:
Someone who is on a racing strip of some sort
Someone who is staying away from the grill and just eating their vegetables
Someone having a vape away from the crowds/near the smokers
Someone who just doesn't engage in conversations about consoles, or excuses themselves when they come up.

I live in Seattle and saw that fog, and "we get it, you vape" was my first thought. It was so bad at some points that it was obscuring buildings that weren't even 100 feet away. Also, heh, Phanatic's friend apparently lives really close to me - I just realized what building that was and what angle that's from.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Okay, so you quit smoking by vaping instead. Good for you, honestly, that's great.

But you know what the next step is, right? The end goal is still to fuckin' quit.

We get it DontMockMySmock, you're a non-smoker.

Epsilon Moonshade has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Nov 3, 2018

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sir, this is a Wendy's.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the racial slur in the vaping defense screed

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
I use the little one that looks almost exactly like a normal cigarette... no huge clouds or whatever. I like nicotine and I don't smoke actual cigarettes anymore v:shobon:v

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Who fuxkin cares post rocks that look like vaginas and dicks goddamn

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

More properly, "We get it Epsilon, you vape." Except I was trying not to be "that guy." :v:

Usage is more like...
Someone rolling down the street with a car that's loud for the sake of being loud - "We get it, you have a small penis." (in other words, they're compensating for something.) Alternately, "We get it, you have a loud car."
Someone who is at a BBQ, talking loudly about how terrible the meat industry is and how could we hurt all those cute fuzzy animals - "We get it, you're vegan."
Someone who is blowing massive clouds in people's faces and keeps talking about how cool it is and brings it up out of context and won't STFU when you're obviously not interested - "We get it, you vape."
Someones who keeps talking about how much better PC games are when people are talking about console exclusives - "We get it, you're PC master race."

So... more like a dismissive way to say "yeah, we get it, but you're being really obnoxious about whatever you're talking about/doing." To give counterpoints to the examples, you wouldn't say the same thing to:
Someone who is on a racing strip of some sort
Someone who is staying away from the grill and just eating their vegetables
Someone having a vape away from the crowds/near the smokers
Someone who just doesn't engage in conversations about consoles, or excuses themselves when they come up.

I live in Seattle and saw that fog, and "we get it, you vape" was my first thought. It was so bad at some points that it was obscuring buildings that weren't even 100 feet away. Also, heh, Phanatic's friend apparently lives really close to me - I just realized what building that was and what angle that's from.

We get it DontMockMySmock, you're a non-smoker.

Ok well poo poo lemme try that again

*ahem*

Epsilon you loving vape.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

We get it DontMockMySmock

Do you get it? You've said you've been vaping for years. You're long overdue to actually finish the quitting process. You've gone from a foul-smelling, poisonous addiction to a less foul-smelling, less poisonous addiction. It's time to take the next step down, and stop poisoning yourself and smelling foul entirely.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*tapping on microphone*

THIS IS A WENDY'S

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Rerail!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Bloop posted:

I'm the racial slur in the vaping defense screed

I must be missing something because I read that like 5 times and I keep not seeing it

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

What superpowers did you get?
None so far
Given my family history, I'm probably going to die from either a heart attack or some sort of cancer in my 50s anyway, so we may never know the true cause.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I must be missing something because I read that like 5 times and I keep not seeing it

I'll take the hit on this - I edited it out, but I didn't want to announce it unless someone wanted to make a fuss about it.

It wasn't strictly a slur (more like casual racism,) but it was a term typically used to refer to loud Japanese cars when I was younger. I'm not exactly a car person in the first place, so I fell back on what "everyone" called them back then. :shrug:

Edit: And to be clear, I'm not defending it. No sense in leaving it there though - it's called out, and I'll hopefully remember not to say it next time I talk about cars something like 10 years from now.

Epsilon Moonshade has a new favorite as of 04:08 on Nov 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ye just ask me tomorrow, It wasn't strictly a slur (more like casual racism,) but, you know

• Locked thread