Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

windsor posted:

Seeing that berzerker is terribly easy and can solo every unit, I'm sure the Claymore will allow zerks to finally solo the Patriarch.

They can solo him already. :smug:

And I would hardly call the zerker class easy. :stare:

Man my PC just had to pick this moment to gently caress up, I'm glad its a permanent thing at least.

Edit: Hey I played with that fang HD dude once, he helped us on mountain pass, blew himself up with a pipebomb hat if I remember correctly.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god those guns, I'm in love.

Course my PC is borked, BUT I GOT PAID, bonus yay, so hopefully I'll be back soon.

Don't remove me yet Toaster and Damage, I will return.

Claymore seems a bit like the axe to be honest, should be interesting to see how it works.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It does sound like the patriach, guess we're finally getting a new voice.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

windsor posted:

Having the most kills as a berzerker on Mountain Pass is nothing to be proud about, in my opinion. Post a scoreboard screenshot if you're on top as sharpshooter or medic the whole game. Or even better, don't post a screenshot at all as kill count is meaningless in this game.

What an antagonistic reaction to something so minor. :stare:

"He posted an HOE screen where he has 800 kills on mountain pass, gently caress YOU"

That's kinda what you sound like.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Its not so much about perfect but you do have to play in a very particular way on Suicidal, even moreso in Hell on Earth.

To put in perspective, a crawler hit on a non medic class does 21 damage to their armor, that's a shitload. Most Sui/HoE strategies involve just finding the most defensible spot on the map and holding it really.

In certain maps the only viable strategy is to do constant loops of it as berserkers(Suburbia, West London and Aperture for example).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You still need space when kiting an FP with an axe though, don't get cornered. Kiting is mostly saved for when you're alone or in the huge open maps.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Not only will he rage, he'll turn on you instantly. You can pile on the damage but don't hit him in the back if there's few people left.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pumpking posted:

Add KF_Defence :black101:

e: Also what counts as a tier 3 weapon? Is it any weapon you have to press 4 to use? I'm trying to get the "drop 3 tier 3 weapons" achievement.

Usually the most expensive weapon for that particular class.

To make it easy for ya, drop 3 SCAR's as a commando and you're golden.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Social Dissonance posted:

Could anyone give a rundown of any of the perks/classes that are completely useless for Suicide/HoE? I'm guessing Firebug just messes everyone's aim up completely and does nothing for damage. Likewise, I enjoy demolition, but I suspect they aren't as good either. Those are both of my favorite classes, but I don't want to end up grinding them up to find them non-viable for the "end" game.

Demo is a lifesaver against fleshpounds on Sui/HoE as long as you don't get to nade happy and obscure everyone's views of course.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Commando should be doing trash mob wiping on Sui/HoE and only that, a good Commando is utterly devastating.

I had one on my list that had like 1200 hours and used to be an old quake champion to boot, dude was a monster, nothing would get through when I played with him, all he needed was help with the big things and he would even the shoot small poo poo pestering me while I handled scrakes and FP's.

Crazy part, he didn't use the scar or the pup, just the AK.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The stalker thing wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for 2 things.

1. They are super weak and even someone not aiming at them can kill 3 or 4 by accident.

2. If you're holding a spot and split up a bit like say the tunnel in west london, the game will sometimes spawn stalkers on just one side.

You don't have a choice but to grind for them solo and that's not fun. I guess you could use the KF survival map but once the fleshpounds show up it goes to poo poo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

freeforumuser posted:

Firebug is without doubt the worst class for pretty much everything not just suicidal/HOE, followed by a looooooong shot by Commando as 2nd worst which is basically a more powerful firebug except it actually kills small zeds fast enough and without screwing with everyone's aim.

Firebug is the best trash zed killer in the game. The addition of the husk cannon makes them very viable on higher difficulties considering how much power it has.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gromit posted:

No, what you need to be doing is shooting all the crawlers and other junk that is killing the berserker as he tries to save your rear end from that FP.

A loving billion times this, I've lost count at the number of times I've died or become really badly hurt while kiting an FP, all because nobody bothered to kill the poo poo attacking me.

Same thing with scrakes you shitheads. :argh:

Hell its gotten to the point where I've figured how to keep the scrake stunned and hurt the thing next to him, a lot harder to do on Sui/HoE when I'm smacking them with the axe though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I once played with a medic who never healed others, his reason? He was only medic because of the higher heal for himself and strong armor, gently caress you if you need heals.

The number 1 reason I played Berserker so well and so much is because its the most self sufficient class, pubbies loving suck. :argh:

But when I do play with my friends and I am zerking its beautiful, everyone doing their role, no need to ask for heals, big poo poo dying fast, its a work of art.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pro medics roll with the LAR/M79 combo and keep everyone alive while at the same time killing everything in sight.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea the LAR is amazing, even with non SS classes it works tremendously, one shots crawlers and stalkers regardless of where you hit them, kills any other of the smaller zeds in one headshot and it stuns husks if you hit them in the head setting up for easy kills.

I've also seen guys like toaster use it to kill scrakes from really far away with it, works for fps to though it takes a lot longer.

Its quite possibly the best SS weapon and the best secondary for any class in the entire game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cage posted:

Joined wave 1 suicidal server as a level 6 medic. Level 0 support, level 2 support, level 6 zerk. I was shooting things because I was the only one that started with a gun, a welded door gets broken down, we survive and I get called an idiot because I was supposed to help them weld a door in the first dumb wave. Then I got banned.

I am so angry I had to post about it. I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU DOUCHEBAGS.

A friend of mine got kicked because he wasn't "doing enough to help us" keep in mind he was a level 6 medic amid a sea of level 1 sharps, and in every single wave they all split off in different directions and die, they didn't buy armor either.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Propaganda Hour posted:

Goddamn level 6 demo buys 3000 pounds worth of pipebombs and then a LAW against the patriarch. Do the pipebombs go in a logical place? Spread out? covering doors and exits? gently caress NO. THEY GO IN A BIG rear end PILE THAT GETS ROCKETED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE WAVE, KILLING THE DEMO INSTANTLY.

I love when you tell demo that stacking doesn't work anymore but he does it anyway, or the idiots with the pipebomb hat, double points if he does the hat thing on HoE.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress Hospital Horrors, that spawn where they fall from the sky at the entrance is loving bullshit, nearly had it today with some bros but at wave 10, initial zed falling from the loving sky, what else could it be but 2 sirens, a scrake and a fleshpound, oh and one of the sirens was bouncing on the fleshpounds head.

On the bright side we did suicidal filth's cross right after and to my surprise we did it, it was awesome.

So, anyone else find the new weapons underwhelming? I love the MP5 but everything else kinda sucks, the M4 is more of a sidegrade, the M4 with launcher just sucks, the recoil is to vicious for demos to hit poo poo with it, the revolvers barely seem stronger than the handcannons, the husk cannon is awesome but no thrower, the claymore just blows, its barely stronger than the drat axe and you can't carry the LAR if you have it.

Oh and the combat shotty runs out of bullets way to drat fast.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bbcisdabomb posted:

Don't forget the husk cannon doesn't count for fire damage!

:stare:

You're pulling my leg right? Tripwire wouldn't give a class specific weapon that doesn't actually let you level up that class.

Right?

I used the M4 a ton last night but it still feels like a sidegrade, I will say this though, the nearly endless amount of ammo is a god-send and I love it, works perfect for mopping up trash zeds and its accurate enough when set to full auto to kill a husk fast.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
loving pubbies.

Perhaps when I joined that wave 6 manor game and noticed everyone was dead I should have clued in but I stuck around, ended just as I predicted.

What pissed me off is that I could have done wave 7 even alone after everyone died but the very first FP that popped up was looking at me, I went into kiting mode and taking swings with the axe and the stupid loving retarded demo kept shooting him with his M4 and hitting him with a nade after he raged, FP raged on me 3 times and completely demolished my armor. Then everyone died and the last FP kept raging constantly on me and gave me no time to heal up.

Then after I die and we wipe the demo tries to explain how FPs work. :ughh:

The weird thing is that these weren't level 1 pubbies in hard, they all started with a level 6 perk and had the perks they went with after around 4 or 5 so they weren't newbies.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I really want KF2 but after the disaster that Red Orchestra 2 has been I'm not so sure anymore.

But good for them, I love Killing Floor, its my most played Steam game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Great Beer posted:

Maybe theyll go the MNC route and turn Killing Floor 2 into a free to play microtransaction supported DOTA-like. Also only premium accounts can yell DOSH while chucking cash around.

This post sent a chill down my spine, dear god don't even joke about this.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly do think people should start on beginner, if only just to learn what their class can do and what not to blast at without getting to severely penalized. I mean last night me and a bud where jumping around normal servers to help newbies and it was hilarious, I especially enjoyed the commando with the axe who never bought armor or bullets, I did my best to keep him alive and actually succeeded.

We don't try to be belligerent though, we just try to say "hey man, try doing this and see if it works for you", some where pretty nice about it and had a good time.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

The fact that you could survive as a commando with an axe and no armor on beginner means it's a bad idea to play on it as it will teach you terrible habits

Yea but he won't be so harshly punished for it and eventually he'll learn. One would hope anyway.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Propaganda Hour posted:

Even on hard/Suicidal it's hard to manage an influx of new players if they aren't level 5 or 6. You just don't have enough money to spare and end up getting flooded because a sizable chunk of the team is only using pistols or LAR.

You mean pistols only right?

The LAR can kill anything short of a scrake or FP in one shot, it stuns husks to. This is on non SS classes I might add, seriously the LAR is amazing, best weapon in the entire game and its only 200 dosh.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea, it depends on the map.

West London or Aperture for example are best done kiting.

A place like office you wanna camp a spot, a lot of people use the red room, plunk down 2 zerkers to block it, a medic to keep them both alive and everyone else as AA12/hunting wielding supports.

A place like suburbia can be done in both ways, you either kite the whole map constantly or you camp one of the trader spawns, mainly the one inside the little building where most people weld the back door.

And there's 0 room for error in those difficulties, its probably as serious business as KF can get.

Generally you wanna pick a spot where the zeds come from one area and you can just hose it down or kiting wise, the best possible route, and always keep in mind where you are so you don't kill to many zeds and cause them spawn in front of you.

Zed wise, they are all dangerous on Sui/HoE, hell crawlers alone do about 25 damage to armor on medic classes, but if I had to pick one I'd go with the siren, the siren will utterly destroy you and the AoE on her scream is absolutely absurd on HoE.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Takes No Damage posted:

I then proceeded to play like rear end for the rest of the weekend :sigh:

But that's how you always play. :mmmhmm:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is what being completely hosed looks like.

Not pictured: Another FP behind near that fireball.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 28, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brainamp posted:

Looks like one of the old quake maps.

and remember, you don't have to out run the FP, just your teammates.

Everyone was dead. :smith:

I can solo FP's just fine but not with that little health, I actually did survive his first punch but I hit something when I jumped back and his 2nd got me. Even if I had survived something was gonna kill me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

loving pubbies, they died and quit and would leave me to finish the wave. :argh:

Larkin stayed but the map was not very good to hold anywhere, oh well, at least the final wave pubbies helped me kill the pat.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Takes No Damage posted:

Been sucking it up on HoE games lately, I'm finding it more fun to run around in Hard with no regard to any kind of strategy, half pub watching half just messing about. Kind of nice after constantly struggling to survive in the more difficult games for months at a time.

Also moonwalking (hard to tell, that's my shadow at the very bottom, I somehow jumped flat-footed like 6ft in the air).

There's me next to you. :iamafag:

It was great playing with you again.

Man I am LOVING the firebug, the husk cannon is amazing, even better now that I learned how to headshots scrake with it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He also tends to rocket pipes if he sees them.

Damaging him and not getting him to stumble will also make him cloak and rush you. Gotta be a big hit though, like a LAW rocket or a hunting shot.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
MAN do I love wasting nearly 2 hours of my life on an HoE ice cave game only have to have it fall apart at the pat.

Thank you level 1 noob who never bought anything and the demos who blew themselves up.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I did a gimmick machete match last night, it worked out surprisingly well, it can even stun scrakes and I successfully kited an FP with it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cage posted:

I only like suicidal and hoe these days. Normal isnt a lot of fun with level 6 perks. :( (of the perks I like)

Why not play on hard then? Even as all level 6 you can still fail there.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cage posted:

You might. :smug:

Oh snaps, my apologies Mr KF masta.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What if the zerk hangs with the team and meatshields for them.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't say easy, you're always in direct line of sight with him after. I have like 20 million zerk damage and I always call out FPs, a zerk kiting one is usually a last resort for me.

If it rages I usually direct toward me, you don't nearly as much damage as you would think especially if you know how to mitigate it via jumping backwards just as he's hitting you, he usually misses with his 2nd punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pumpking posted:

The team rarely stays in one place for very long when I'm playing Farm.

Farm doesn't have any good spots to hold really, its a kiting map through and through.

• Locked thread