Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007
My impressions so far:

Commando: M4 = AK47 with scope, So-so.
Zerker: Claymore = terrible. Way too expensive.
Sharpshooter: Magnum = weaker handcannon. So-so
Support: Combat shotgun, decent on its own, but the real deal is now you can carry an LAR and the M3 along with it. Why does support always get the best things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007

Social Dissonance posted:

Could anyone give a rundown of any of the perks/classes that are completely useless for Suicide/HoE? I'm guessing Firebug just messes everyone's aim up completely and does nothing for damage. Likewise, I enjoy demolition, but I suspect they aren't as good either. Those are both of my favorite classes, but I don't want to end up grinding them up to find them non-viable for the "end" game.

Firebug is without doubt the worst class for pretty much everything not just suicidal/HOE, followed by a looooooong shot by Commando as 2nd worst which is basically a more powerful firebug except it actually kills small zeds fast enough and without screwing with everyone's aim.

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007

NovemberMike posted:

The game is a lot more reasonable at higher difficulties if you have leveled classes, but if you play competently you can pull your own weight up to hard without a high level class. The AA12 is going to be expensive but you can play intelligently with an LAR and a combat shotgun or something similar and still do reasonably. I wouldn't want to be on an all noob hard server but I don't mind if someone enters with a lower leveled class and plays competently.

I'm being playing level 6 perks for a long time (except firebug because it sucks donkey balls), and IMO discounts for perked weapons should be flat regardless of the level. It's pretty dumb to punish players solely because they are new to the game.

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

why don't you look at it as rewarding players for playing the game?

Free weapons/armor and stronger perk bonuses at higher levels aren't enough already? It's not like having a much cheaper SCAR is going to change a level 0 Commando into a HoE capable player.

• Locked thread