Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Trying to get a Suicidal Ice Caves game going now, we have four lvl6 players, need 2 more if possible.

Add me on Steam if you're a bad enough dude: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jerkstoresup/

edit: the game fell apart, too many people dropping out to do christmas stuff. Might try to get a game later tonight, add me if anyone is still interested.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I'm a terrible team leader, but seeing as everyone was running around randomly into certain death, I felt the need to bark orders. I feel my crude direction helped us win. :smug:

I don't mind losing, but it's never fun losing simply because the team's average class-level is below par for the difficulty. If you're new to the game, learn the game first and play Normal, imo.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

FallenGod posted:

Healing is kinda frustrating in this when everybody strafes back and forth even though only one (?) enemy outside the patriarch even fires a dodgable ranged attack.

Sure, if you were dealing with enemies one-by-one... but this is a 3D game with lots of enemies at once and many different reasons to be moving. Standing still for the medic is typically very low on the list of mental priorities for a player, and most pubbies hardly seem to be aware how/when a medic is healing them.

Go into games expecting that nobody will be an easy medic-target. I always tell my medics that I will stand still when it's safe and I need heals, just as I'd tell my team to do when I'm medic. Helps both sides out.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
My friend told me an awful rumor last night; Tripwire is going to release Harchier Spebbington (The Ball preorder character) as paid-DLC. Can anyone confirm/deny? He said he saw a dev post about it in the Steam forums but I found nothing.

I want to be special forever. :ohdear:

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Takes No Damage posted:

Biggest critique I saw is you guys need to grow eyes in the back of your heads. I can't count the number of times you turned around to discover zeds already in your face. With a bit more experience it will become a compulsion to check behind you all the time even when you're not playing the game, living in constant nameless fear for the rest of your days. Prepare yourself for the void.

I was watching recordings of myself playing recently and it makes me loving dizzy. Whenever I'm healing or waiting for a weapon to cooldown/reload, I'll spin around like a madman. I don't notice it while I'm playing though because it just becomes a requirement of survival.

Currently trying to finish all levels on HoE with my crew, but some of them just can't deal with the amount of things you must pay attention to in waves 6-10.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Berzerkers can be both the most clutch, survivable class, while still being the biggest annoyance to a functional team that works together. Especially on MountainPass where they can herd nearly every spawn and leave the rest of the team sitting with a few sparse zeds to kill.

The first time I cleared MountainPass on HoE, it literally took 1 hour 45 minutes because we had 5 friends and a lvl6 zerker pub who was good, but played the most conservative zerk completely on his own on the other side of the map.

It's quite nice to have a zerk when everyone dies and they can properly herd everything, but until that happens, I'm just constantly annoyed having a zerk on my team.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Alteisen posted:

What if the zerk hangs with the team and meatshields for them.
That's great for the rest team, but gimps a zerk's ability to easily kill fleshpounds. A teammate accidentally raging a FP/scrake usually makes them charge straight at the zerk if they're in the frontlines tanking, and then things go bad very quickly.

I haven't played much besides 6-player Suicidal/HoE in the past few years, so maybe my gripes don't apply to everyone. Berzerker is good fun, and having one solo-kiting on your team can greatly improve your chance of survival so long as you don't mind playing for a lot longer.

edit: removed redundant sperging

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 4, 2012

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
^^ Yes, but with certain rules that take effect on Suicidal+. Only the axe's alt-swing to the head stuns him from the front (possibly claymore now, not sure at the moment). Other melee weapons can only stun him from behind with a chop to the head. And you can't stun-lock at all; if they survive the stun, they can't be stunned again.

Alteisen: We're both generalizing... everything you said is right in ideal situations, I'm thinking more about situations where things tend to go wrong if a zerker fights fleshpounds in a group. A few weak zeds slip by your team, and the zerk's fleshpound dance can quickly fall apart. That's why they're better off on their own if they need to kill fleshpounds.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Bah, serves me right for googling the details I'm fuzzy on. I'll just keep my mouth shut about zerkers. :)

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

QwertySanchez posted:

Man, I really wanna play some KF right now but the game crashes whenever a fleshpound gets gibbed. Any ideas? :(

In order of likelihood of fixing such an issue:

1. Verify game files (Right Click KF -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity ...)

2. Latest video drivers.

3. Try reinstalling any DirectX or VC++ files included with KF, if there are any (usually in a "redists" folder)

4. Delete your config files to get everything default, and use default video settings in Nvidia CP/AMD CCC.

5. Turn down physics/model detail. Type "preferences" in the console to tweak some other stuff if all else fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Does "all previously released DLC" include Harchier Spebbington (The Ball preorder)?

If so, I'll never be special again. :'(

Otherwise who gives a gently caress, I'm glad Tripwire is still alive and kicking after RO2.

• Locked thread