Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wait so the weapons update is going to be released at the same time as the free weekend thing? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I stole this from the tripwire forums

So that thing at the bottom probably is the husk arm thing.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is it me or does the commando M4 just feel realy weak compared to all the other commando guns. Even with the bullpup I can usualy headshot clots and gorefasts from a distance in maybe one or two shots, the m4 seems to take allot more than that idk. I think I prefer the ak, or the fal in that weapons mutator.

The combat shotgun is able to take down an sc in hard with about 4 shots which is nice.

Also I think i'm having some odd problems when im playing as demo, the M79 for me only has 12 shots which is useless and the demo m4 sometimes glitches out and I cant buy any grenades for it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is it me or have scrakes been weakened? they seem to go down realy easily now.

Also demo has some bugs where the m4 looses the grenade function and the m79 will only hold 12 shots. Also the sprite crosshair doesnt appear on the xbow anymore. Looks like other people have had the same problems on the tripwire forums.

On top of that the server browser seems to be acting up.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

az posted:

Are there hard goon servers on the eastern seaboard or western europe?

I dont think they are in europe because i was getting a ping of like 150. I just host my own server but its not on all the time, although i'm probably going to move it to another box so its always running.

Also I finally managed to get level 6 on demo, so that means i've done all of them :negative:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

cat with hands posted:

Sure is empty on the Sui servers :(

I was playing sui for the first time tonight but having a team of 3 competent level 6 people and then constant waves of level 0 use the wrong weapon for my perk i have no clue and dont listen to advice people made me give up

Is there a sui goon server? although I dont get good pings on the goon servers and im pretty poo poo anyway.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

Hell, despite having three classes at five and one class at six I haven't touched a difficulty over hard. It's just that once you hit suicidal things start getting serious and KF is and always will be a "gently caress around and shoot zombies" game to me where it doesn't matter if we wipe or not as long as we tried and had fun. Plus I'm terrible and even with say a level five Commando on a normal server with every other slot filled with appropriate level players there's still a chance we'll wipe cause I'm not good enough to carry the entire team alone.

Basically KF is everything I've wanted from L4D cause that game has the worst community ever for what's supposed to be a game about shooting and dying to zombies.

Yeah this is how i kinda feel after trying suicidal for a bit today, i got called a noob because im not good enough to solo 5 husks 2 scrakes and a fleshpound. I still cant kill a fleshpound without getting hit apart from on normal using the axe.

Its kinda annoying because with a good team hard feels a bit too easy now but on suicidal everyone seems to get real mad if you arent perfect.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Flayer posted:

Does this mean you won't blow yourself up with a grenade from time to time then?

Thats a feature not a bug :v:

seriously though i've had the game for a year and you just get used to not lobbing grenades when somebody else is in a 500 meter radius

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

Seriously the .44 Magnum weight bug is hilarious:

Add a M79 launcher and a katana when we fought the Patriarch.

BULLET STORM :black101:

ok how the gently caress do you do that

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok that was fun playing with you lot on the gotkf but drat is it hard to play zerker if you have a high ping. Theres like a seconds delay in everything you do.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Category Fun! posted:

It's based on the UT2K4 engine. It's alot higher poly and has a bunch of added graphical effects, but underneath it's still a little dated. That should just mean you'll have no problem cranking it up to full and getting the best quality from it, though. It's still a good looking game.

It doesnt look half bad with everything cranked up to max for what it is realy. I'd love to see them make a new kf in source or something but I wonder if it would feel the same idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

l33t b4c0n posted:

I want the achievement since it's limited time only, but I have no idea what to do to get it.

find an easy server running the happy_hour map, one version of this is whitelisted and has a law in the basement that respawns. Get one guy to chase the last zombie around while everyone else stockpiles laws at the trader.

Well thats what I did the the first time round. :v:

• Locked thread