Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taffer posted:

Don't forget the goony rear of the bloat.

Major cellulite problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vakal posted:

If anyone wants to update their KF music playlist with a Christmas themed song, here's one I'd recommend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbVCODrdBaE

This is pretty boss too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UbkDzp5LuY

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

Free weekend means floods of pubs clogging everything. Give it a few days, its usually no problem at all to find servers. There's not thousands of them like TF2 but generally you can play whenever.

Yeah the free weekends really mess up the master list server if it doesn't have enough capacity.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This is the most important strategy walkthrough guide new players can watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Guillermus posted:

Think about more money if you sell it for wave 2. Support level 6 starting with the hunting shotgun is lovely at the other hand, pyro level 5 has already the flamethrower and medic level 6 starts with the MP7M. Starting with a crossbow is totaly hosed up :smith:

Main niche of crossbow is for gunning down the really tough monsters and also works well on levels with cramped hallways due to the pierce ability.

But it's really not as useful for getting a big kill count or for dealing with trash monsters.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wheeee posted:

Yea that's how I've started doing it.

I love the core gameplay of Killing Floor but holy poo poo the leveling system is awful and slow.

Thank god for the Steam Achievements manager program especially for the more obnoxious requirements.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Severed posted:

Do they still have those zany 64-man servers out there? I like how ridiculosuly hard and chaotic those are. Can anyone recommend one?

Yeah those servers were pretty hilarious especially having to fight off 700-800 monster attack waves.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tortolia posted:

Just played a full round on Icecave with goons - lots of fun. I definitely see how this game is a lot of fun with a good group, and I'll be playing more.

Co-op games are just so fun when done right and presents very different type of game overall compared to the Left 4 Dead games especially the greater freedom to move and fight around the levels.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

And as things get easier with perk leveling just make sure to play on the harder servers.

Normal/Beginner is really good for learning the basics of the game but the real fun is surviving the level with only a few rounds left. Also you pretty much have to run around and be more active on harder difficulty which helps to avoid the stand in one spot boredom.

Also Foundry is the best map.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Halifax posted:

Stupid question, sorry if it's already been answered, but I don't think it has. Does anyone happen to know if the bullets from the M4/203 count as damage for leveling Demolitions or not? It's really handy, and I can't wait for that bug between it and the M79 to get ironed out, but I have no way of telling if the bullets count as damage as far as leveling goes, and KF-Wiki doesn't say, nor do any of the sites while googling it.

drat it is expensive though.

I doubt it since Demolitions only uses explosive class weapons for leveling.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snoop Rocket posted:

This has helped me greatly.

Also, the MP5 is the tits.

Yeah it helps make being a medic more fun than just focusing on healing since it does somewhat decent damage.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cat with hands posted:

Don't do this above normal difficulty.

How are the new guns working out on higher difficulties? The M4/203 and MP5 seem all right but I'm not sure how the others fit in.

The combat shotgun is pretty lame especially how wimpy it is compared to the Hale Caesar shotgun.

Support is good because AA12 is so amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Avr_rztUAA

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Insert name here posted:

Super Shotgun/AA-12 still best combo

Especially on the really cramped maps where there's not as much focus on long ranged firepower.

Team mates also really appreciate seeing a single shotgun blast cleaning out a hallway.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Metal Meltdown posted:

In the past I've never really like hunting shotgun/AA12 in the past since I felt like I was wasting ammo on smaller stuff but now that I can carry a .44 with it I'm really digging the load out. The standard 9mm doesn't cut it at higher difficulties and you can't carry a handcannon with both of those.

That's why you have team mates such as commandos close-by to clean out the weaker trash monsters.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sighnoceros posted:

How can I best contribute to taking out the patriarch as a medic? I generally carry the MP7 and MP5 but when it's time for the patriarch I feel like I should get rid of the MP7 for something better. Hunting Shotgun maybe? By round 10 I usually have the MP7, MP5, Dual Handcannons and Dual Magnums (hey you never know). So should I just dump everything and go MP5 and hunting shotgun? Something else?

By keeping everyone healed especially since you can't afford to lose people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

az posted:

A level 6 medic has 80% more effective armor, turning him into a mini tank. He can take tons of abuse and run very fast, perfecg sole survivor material.

Yeah the massive armor increase makes the medic the best bait for tough situations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

So is the LAW totally useless still? I always found the idea of a rocket launcher awesome, and was always disappointed by the LAW.

Yeah it' still a bad comedy weapon and not practical compared to the other explosive class weapons.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Industrial posted:

I see that the server browser is continuing to have problems despite the free weekend being over, so much for that hypothesis.

I believe it uses a master server list to keep track of the games which is why is can sometimes horribly chug.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scyantific posted:

I think that was KF-GanjaFarm. That map was pretty cool. And hilarious.

Especially the hilarious short briefing text.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

5 Berserkers and a Medic run every map hell yeah. That's actually how I got kf-aperture on HoE now that I think about it. It's a more common tactic on HoE because in some maps it's virtually impossible to stop that many zeds in one place, the only viable option is to kite everything which lets you take on a more manageable number of enemies at once.

A shotgun kill them well enough especially with the pierce bonus.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo, time to blatantly abuse that and carry around all 4 shotguns at once.

Or you know, Xbow/M14/LAR/All 3 dual guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Guillermus posted:

This map is drat fun, especially when GreatBeer and me got on one of the skateboards and we were sliding while shooting every moving thing. You can get killed by a zed if it kicks a ball and hits you, i was playing football with a clot and noticed before getting killed :v:

The retarded and occasionally hilarious custom maps is one the reasons it feels like a real PC game.

And the weed farm map too.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

As long as you don't do stupid things that should be fine. Stick closer to the group than usual until you get used to the differences in zed behavior. We only hate it when lower levels join harder games when they die immediately and leave all those extra zeds for us.

Yeah hard basically makes having a good coordinated team even more important since more monsters and more damage means there's not much room for error.

Losses become even more painful since losing firepower due to stupid mistakes makes surviving much harder since even with a good team your ammo supply will really get chewed up on Hard/Nightmare.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Idiot race posted:

It doesnt look half bad with everything cranked up to max for what it is realy. I'd love to see them make a new kf in source or something but I wonder if it would feel the same idk.

But Source is a technically horrible engine, also Tripwire has rights to using the Unreal Engine which would make more sense.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

Playing a random Hard game on filthscross we all decided to go dual 44s for the pat. Went better than I expected it to, we got him to use up all his heals but we were getting picked off the whole time and couldn't seal the deal. A fun change of pace though, AA+ would play again.

\/\/\/ I don't even bother loading up the game anymore without a glass of whiskey in front of me :rubshands:

filthscross is a pretty good map especially on the harder levels.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Farm doesn't have any good spots to hold really, its a kiting map through and through.

Yeah it's one of the easier maps due to the massive open area design which makes kiting really easier if everyone is paying attention.

The harder maps like Asylum are more interesting overall since the design makes it harder to find cheap camping spots.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Do you guys think we're at a point where reality curves in on itself and killing floor could be remade by a player on a more modern engine which is almost entirely what everyone wants in a sequel?

Well the strong sales pretty much guarantee some type of sequel on a newer engine.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Is this game worth the :10bux:? I don't know much about it but I've played enough TF2 to know how to click on the bad guys. What's the draw here?

Probably best draw for me is it's not objective based so there's more emphasis on moving around and improvising new plans when things go wrong.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alteisen posted:

The key with support is pacing yourself and stretching out your rounds, good supports can finish wave 10 HoE and still have a few rounds left.

And the hunting is amazing, especially for the big things, soften them up with the regular shotty or AA12 then unload both barrels.

Yeah it's a amazing panic weapon when you neat to put out massive amounts of damage and finish off a strong almost dead monster fast.

But the rate of fire and high ammo cost make it less useful for thinning out weaker trash monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

Okay it's official, the best way to play KF is with you and someone else wearing the Foster skins roleplaying as a married couple, alternating between bickering and romanticizing. :3:

Mr. Foster gets scolded for not bringing home loads of money or forgetting to buy milk on the way home from work.

• Locked thread