Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

I just noticed that the SA-GCCX site doesn't have the second Yoshi's Island episode flagged "Super Mario". I wasn't sure how to report this other than posting here, though.

e: the Nintendo Channel Super Mario Maker episode is also missing that flag.

Added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Cool beans. Also! Since I'm watching the live Mario Maker event now: in which episode does Arino get the whiskey? I remember him getting it despite not finishing the level.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Episode 216 -Seicross is the one that Oosaka and Arino drink whiskey after completing the challenge

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Thank you much!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
"Ow , my trigger finger is cramping up "

-Arino at some point, probably

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What gane?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
House of the Dead (Saturn)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:24 on May 22, 2020

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

drat. He should play Typing of the Dead.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

drat. He should play Typing of the Dead.

The thought of trying to subtitle that just made me break.

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
He attempted that in one of the arcade trips, didn't he? Seemed like he was pretty bad at it. No surprise there

Also I haven't posted in this thread in ages, but I wanted to throw a huge thanks to SA-GCCX and Goose Canyon for keeping the subs going! It's been a long couple months, so I've been back into this show again lately, and seeing that there's still new subs coming out always makes the day a little brighter

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

He did play Typing of the Dead at least once in a game center. If I remember well, he was abysmal.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So apparently the Musee Mechanique, as seen in the Game Center CX USA episode, nearly burnt down today.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
That sucks. Hopefully the damage to the place was minimal and the owner skated to safety

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Jakespeare posted:

That sucks. Hopefully the damage to the place was minimal and the owner skated to safety

To my knowledge, it's fine; the fire was stopped before it reached them. I found out while watching the US episode, though, which was a bit creepy.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Someone is currently streaming the entirety of the 24-hour Lemmings broadcast on twitch.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Game Center CX 250 - Dragon Quest (1) [GooseCanyon]
Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

As well, special thanks to the team at SA-GCCX, whose translation we used for the opening of the “2P Without Honor and Humanity” segment.

The Adventures of Shinya Arino in: Love That God
https://nyaa.si/view/1251710

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Oolalaa, thanks for the new release! *rubs hands together*

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Ohhh myyy gravy... thank you so much Goose team! I've been waiting for the translation of this episode ever since the raw was released. Dragon quest for nes holds a very special place in muh heart

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GooseCanyon posted:

As well, special thanks to the team at SA-GCCX, whose translation we used for the opening of the “2P Without Honor and Humanity” segment.

Thank you so much for this release; I've been hoping to see it for ages!

And it's amazing just how much he's forgotten about this game.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Of course, when I DON'T check every 5 minutes, a new release will drop xD

Another great work by Team GosseCanyon! Thank you so much!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the release!

However personally it's always a bit distracting if the text is simply placed on top of the original instead of putting a black background on it (to "erase" it), it makes it harder to read and it feels like I have to concentrate more to follow the text.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
Thank ye kindly to the goosiest team in translations! You guys all rock!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks again for all your work. First RPG I ever played, so I'm looking forward to this.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Catching up after not watching for a couple years. I just want to say thanks and :love:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GooseCanyon posted:

This was great and I appreciate all the effort that went into it.

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!
Great translation GooseCanyon thank you so much. I really enjoyed that episode.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Thank you friendly geese! I had skipped the DraQue raw episodes, despite being /intimately/ familiar with the source material, due to the amount lost in translation. Thou hast earned thyself extra pieces of bread! Please pickup at your convenience from the local ponds. Though if the ducks get there first you only have yourselves to blame.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Cross-referencing the NES translation for all of the battle scripting and NPC dialogue is a LOT of work, way more than just translating it from scratch. It shows, so thank you for your dedicated efforts!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Due to the ever-shifting schedule for the return of pro baseball (and it's broadcasts), the show's actual 300th episode will be Dragon Fighter, with the 300 minute (it better be 301 minutes) live show airing on June 21st.

Send your illustration of support to #gccx300 by June 15th, there's some pretty great ones.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/gccx300?src=hashtag_click

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Edit: all good

Zebia fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 19, 2020

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Just thought if Arino could play Monster Party. That dude looks just like him :-)

http://www.defunctgames.com/review/1067/monster-party

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That would actually be a great game for them to play on the show. It's beatable, but takes some effort, and has a ton of WTF moments.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

The beauty of Arino playing Monster Party would make my eyes moist.

orochi
Oct 9, 2012

/usr/bin/orochi

WesY2K posted:

Just thought if Arino could play Monster Party. That dude looks just like him :-)

http://www.defunctgames.com/review/1067/monster-party

That would indeed be amazing, but it appears that Monster Party was never officially released in Japan.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

There was a extremely gory prototype version of it leaked or seen on Yahoo a few years back.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The big news out of the 5-hour live show was that Nakayama got married!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Kakaricho posted:

The big news out of the 5-hour live show was that Nakayama got married!

That's great to hear!

I've been wondering, what the ADs have been up to. I know Tojima went on to be a producer, but I can't find anything about his career. I found one movie from a year or two ago where he was credited as a producer, but that's it.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Pon-koron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Cemetry Gator posted:

That's great to hear!

I've been wondering, what the ADs have been up to. I know Tojima went on to be a producer, but I can't find anything about his career. I found one movie from a year or two ago where he was credited as a producer, but that's it.

If I can scrape up some free time, I'll make a list of what they're doing based on the 15th anniversary issue of Continue.

Thier will a 300th episode commemorative issue of said magazine in August as well.