Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Pro work on the translation, geese.

Also, thread title change to "A Let's Play Pioneer"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for your hard work again! I love the Tired ol' Arino montage at near the end there

Can't wait for part two!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Awesome and thank you. I finally had the time to finish Warwolf last night, so this is great timing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

Pro work on the translation, geese.

Also, thread title change to "A Let's Play Pioneer"?

I'm for it. You can report this post to suggest it to a mod.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Superb work yet again! Thank you so much for your continued efforts.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Wow , thanks to the mighty geese team again for whipping out another quality sub. This is definitely an episode that I can sink my teeth into.. if Im not miStake-in
ehh heh

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Oh hush.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

I'm really proud of that one.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Lufia 2 had that exact line as an actual translation error (and an even better one, treant => torrent)

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
I remember it from the first-ever translation of Final Fantasy V on the PS1.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Anyone want to translate the Mario Maker 2 Challenge?

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
It looks like they finally have an official fanclub website?
https://gccxfc.com/

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

cubeboy posted:

It looks like they finally have an official fanclub website?
https://gccxfc.com/
This was released a while back. IIRC it's a subscription site that I guess fulfils the same role as the old discontinued GCCX Channel mobile app.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Kins posted:

This was released a while back. IIRC it's a subscription site that I guess fulfils the same role as the old discontinued GCCX Channel mobile app.

Pretty accurate, they have limited bonuses for people who buy the DVD through it too.

The five part series of Arino and Ogawa building a One-Up Space Invaders cabinet was awesome.

Can anyone confirm if the content is geolocked like the app was?

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 14, 2020

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next challenge is Devil Dice on the PS1.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

Next challenge is Devil Dice on the PS1.

I literally just got a copy of that game in the mail today and was about to go put it in...

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Anyone know who subbed the Yoiko Minecraft series? I hope they can sub the other Nintendo videos.

fmuldoone
Jul 28, 2017

Jubs posted:

Anyone know who subbed the Yoiko Minecraft series? I hope they can sub the other Nintendo videos.

I think he goes by the handle Translator Guy on YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TranslatorFag/

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm actually kinda surprised Google didn't make him change that user name...

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Game Center CX 298 - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (2) [GooseCanyon]
Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

We think we’re dealing with a supernatural being. Most likely a mummy.

https://nyaa.si/view/1292524

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GooseCanyon posted:

Thanks for the release!

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Thanks, Goose.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

GooseCanyon posted:

The only thing spooky here is how fast you turned around part 2! Thanks magic geese!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

GooseCanyon posted:

Someone help me out here. At around 48:40 when he does an item crash by mistake during the final boss and says "This sucks!" someone in the room does the most cartoonist "EEUUUGGHHHH!?!?!" shout. I've re-watched it like 10 times. It's cracking me up. What the hell?

I guess this is the part in the challenge where he's making everyone work late.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Ludicrous speed!! Thanks for the release of the second part. Great game.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for your hard work!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Zombie Kabuto translation for The House of the Dead episode.

quote:

Happy Halloween from Zombie Kabuto
Have a spooky week

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Suffer like G did

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

I was wondering why the 24x7 stream was playing that episode all of a sudden. Thanks

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

Just finished the episode. I can't comment on how exactly accurate the translation is, but it seemed very on point and the timing/font/coloring was top notch. Light years better than Zombie Kabuto's first release. Excellent addition to the library of translated episodes and a recommended watch dependent on your feelings on the source.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

As a side project, we will be helping a friend revise the translation of House of the Dead. While it's certainly a better effort than the Captain Tsubasa episodes, we saw enough room for improvement to make it worth doing. We happened to already have subtitles for the episode timed and typeset by SpecsPL, who worked on the Athena episode, which will make the process much easier. At the moment we have some other priorities, so this will probably get done in November.

Rest assured that this won't interfere with our primary ongoing projects; we already have a new release planned for November.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Game Center CX DVD Challenge - Resident Evil: Director's Cut [GooseCanyon]
Translation: IkuharaFan
Subtitles: SpecsPL
Special Thanks: Bean, Sino

An extra special thanks to our guest translator, IkuharaFan, who worked hard for months to make sure we had a great finale to our Halloween releases! Thank you to SpecsPL, who timed and typeset this entire episode. And one last thank you to Sino of MoyaiSubs, who provided IkuharaFan with assistance. Without you, this episode would not have been possible. Sincere thanks from all of the geese down at GooseCanyon!

To the book depository!

https://nyaa.si/view/1294815

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
It's yet another halloween miracle! Thanks goose. I'll make sure to glare extra hard at the swans next time I'm down by the river.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The goose is loose (and spoiling the thread)!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks so much to all involved.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
Big thanks to everyone involved in the translations.

deadmoonnight
Aug 6, 2019
feels so good to have a little gccx backlog to get through again, after all these years. fantastic work, people.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

:wow: Thanks for yet another translation.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've only played the REmake version of the original but I was really expecting Arino to have a lot more trouble with ammo/healing items

That was a great episode though, Abe's link to the game + him being a secret Resident Evil master was a neat surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Abe just keeps on surprising.

Thanks for the translation to everyone involved! It was a fun episode, and a long one, 1 hour 20 minutes pure Arino & friends challenge goodness.