Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Game Center CX Box 10 release date in Japan: December 20th

Date of arrival of my order from Amazon 10,500km away in Canada: December 20th :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bpc908 posted:

it's NES Remix special? Yep it's NES Remix Special

Look, just because half the team is playing NES Remix (and I'm doing it right now) doesn't mean that we pushed through the NES Remix Nintendo Channel episode immediately.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Random Stranger posted:

I think you guys know what this means...
Arino's endorsing SAGCCX? :shobon:

Seriously though, you guys are awesome for getting that translated so quickly, especially since IMO this is one of the best GCCX specials. :)

univbee posted:

Game Center CX Box 10 release date in Japan: December 20th

Date of arrival of my order from Amazon 10,500km away in Canada: December 20th :stare:

Did Abe deliver it to you personally on his motorcycle? That's the only way I can see you getting the DVD set so quickly.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Obeast posted:

Did Abe deliver it to you personally on his motorcycle? That's the only way I can see you getting the DVD set so quickly.

In Japan, there is no Santa. But there is Abe.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

zari-gani posted:

I contest that there is in fact a Santa!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Caitlin posted:

I contest that there is in fact a Santa!

I didn't know Santa was Jewish!

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Random Stranger posted:

Look, just because half the team is playing NES Remix (and I'm doing it right now) doesn't mean that we pushed through the NES Remix Nintendo Channel episode immediately.

Don't you dare say that, it's from the ending of the episode

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

bpc908 posted:

Don't you dare say that, it's from the ending of the episode

:raise:

Sarcasm is not your strong point.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Caitlin posted:

:raise:

Sarcasm is not your strong point.

doesn't really translate well over text

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

They can't kill us. We're promoting Nintendo's game for for them!

:v:

Since NES Remix was the fastest that a game went from released to challenged, roughly fifteen seconds, we had to get on it immediately. Why aren't you playing it right now? Go get it! And if you don't have a Wii U, go buy a Wii U and then buy NES Remix. It's by indiezero!

The quick turn around is due to the hard working translator zari-gani and the hard working checker Hirayuki!

Download Torrent

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

It's a Christmas miracle!

Thanks for all the hard work :3:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Yay the new site is live and a new release today is awesome :3:

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Amazing work---can't believe this has already been completed! So much GCCX goodness in such a short time.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

bpc908 posted:

doesn't really translate well over text

May I familiarize you with the website somethingawful.com?

That said, woo can't wait to go watch this! :3: Thanks everyone!

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Really awesome turnaround on this one. I'll watch it tonight after I get done playing some NES Remix myself.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

And if you don't have a Wii U, go buy a Wii U and then buy NES Remix.
We're not all made of money. :smith:

Seriously, you guys are loving awesome for the quick turnaround of (to repeat myself in my previous post) one of the best special challenges GCCX has ever done. I'll definitely watch it tonight after I get home from work. :)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

There's evidence that Santa drives a motorbike...

http://imgur.com/4nhG9Se

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 21, 2013

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

WHOA!!! thaaaaaank you!!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Love this store's choice of display.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

GCCX x NoCon Kid Cafe

At Shibuya Parco, Part 1, Floor 7 (15-1 Udagawa-cho, Shibuya, Tokyo)
Open from January 31 to February 17, 11 AM-10:30 PM (Closed Feb 10)
1000 yen per ticket (comes with all-you-can-play arcade games + one soft drink or beer and candy)

A tag team between the hit drama series "Nocon Kid ~ Bokura no Gameshi" and "Game Center CX"! A dream collaboration cafe for all retro game lovers. Play nostalgic games and see items from "Game Center CX"! Enjoy a menu prepared by "Game Center CX" fan-favourite Abe, and original collaboration dishes. There's also special merchandise limited to the cafe!

Tickets available here.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I thought this was a molded bust for a second, which would have been fantastic.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

zari-gani posted:

GCCX x NoCon Kid Cafe

At Shibuya Parco, Part 1, Floor 7 (15-1 Udagawa-cho, Shibuya, Tokyo)
Open from January 31 to February 17, 11 AM-10:30 PM (Closed Feb 10)
1000 yen per ticket (comes with all-you-can-play arcade games + one soft drink or beer and candy)

A tag team between the hit drama series "Nocon Kid ~ Bokura no Gameshi" and "Game Center CX"! A dream collaboration cafe for all retro game lovers. Play nostalgic games and see items from "Game Center CX"! Enjoy a menu prepared by "Game Center CX" fan-favourite Abe, and original collaboration dishes. There's also special merchandise limited to the cafe!

Tickets available here.

Goddamnit. I want to go so baddddd.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

zari-gani posted:

Enjoy a menu prepared by "Game Center CX" fan-favourite Abe, and original collaboration dishes. There's also special merchandise limited to the cafe!

So does this mean Abe chose whats on the menu, or is he actually cooking?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

So does this mean Abe chose whats on the menu, or is he actually cooking?

It's not specified, but I'm pretty sure it's just his personal recipes, not cooked by him.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

From the new DVD special:

"Merry Christmas". Oh Arino, you shouldn't ha-

Oh, it's August? Oh Arino, you card. :allears:

epmode
Feb 11, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

Since NES Remix was the fastest that a game went from released to challenged, roughly fifteen seconds, we had to get on it immediately.

I love you guys so much. Depending on how the episode goes, I might just pick up the game as well.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

epmode posted:

I love you guys so much. Depending on how the episode goes, I might just pick up the game as well.

Game is great but it wears fast. I ended up playing the games I liked and enjoyed it. The Zelda stages are awesome though. Definitely got $15 worth out of it but I'm happy never touching it anymore with the walls I ran into

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Twitter account for today's DVD event is full of great pictures. Even Emoto showed up!
https://twitter.com/gccx1221

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
They played quite a bit of Clementine in the Paris special. :3:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
The NES Remix episode was great. I loved it when the girl was cheering for Bowser when Arino was doing the "beat world 1-4 to 4-4 Bowsers" challenge. Thank you guys once again for another great translation of one of the best things to come out of GCCX in such a short amount of time. :)

Mysse
Oct 10, 2012
PICTURE TIME
I went to the event and it was great, met lotsa staff including Abe, Kibe, Tanii and ADs. I hope they'll enjoy the Moomin fruit pastilles and fazer chocolate I brought to GCCX staff :)

Watanabe is really cute in person, Abe was kind and Tanii is now one of my favourite staff members. Also Nakayama finally found some work and he was really popular with da ladies, good for him :D

EDIT: Note to self, never reply while dead tired. I hope I just did the last loving around with this post

Mysse fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 21, 2013

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh wow, that's great!

Use [timg] to resize the images, though. :ssh:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Mysse posted:

PICTURE TIME
I went to the event and it was great, met lotsa staff including Abe, Kibe, Tanii and ADs. I hope they enjoy the Moomin fruit frops and fazer chocolate I brought to GCCX staff :)

Hey, you're the Finnish guy who's picture they posted to the official Twitter! Must have been nice to meet so many of the show's staff.

Mysse
Oct 10, 2012

jyrque posted:

Use [timg] to resize the images, though. :ssh:
ah sry, I've always been a lurker before so I'm a stupid newbie with posting and stuff. Fixed.

Kakaricho posted:

Hey, you're the Finnish guy who's picture they posted to the official Twitter! Must have been nice to meet so many of the show's staff.
That's me alright :) can I have the twitter link?
I just got back to my hotel and will post some pics of my loot later on, my feet are loving killing me. I srsly need to exercise more, have to lose like 40 pounds before summer.

Mysse fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 21, 2013

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006
Wow, NES Remix is pretty accurate with the logic of the old games, it looks like. There's a moment where Hayato falls and stomps a Cheep Cheep from underneath it during the first remix challenge, which if I recall is what would happen in the original.

Man when/if this comes out on the 3DS I will probably grab it.

Chronomaster fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Dec 21, 2013

Mysse
Oct 10, 2012
found it https://twitter.com/gccx1221/status/414293545516683265

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
It was pretty cool to see Abe stamping cards this time around, and Kan just signed everyone's since he wasn't officially part of the deal.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

leather fedora posted:

It was pretty cool to see Abe stamping cards this time around, and Kan just signed everyone's since he wasn't officially part of the deal.

I wasn't there, but it was fun reading Kan's vague hints as to where he was throughout the day.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Chronomaster posted:

Wow, NES Remix is pretty accurate with the logic of the old games, it looks like. There's a moment where Hayato falls and stomps a Cheep Cheep from underneath it during the first remix challenge, which if I recall is what would happen in the original.

Man when/if this comes out on the 3DS I will probably grab it.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The game is programmed in such a way that as long as you're travelling downwards when touching an enemy the game counts it as a stomp, even if the enemy hits you from above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Chronomaster posted:

Wow, NES Remix is pretty accurate with the logic of the old games, it looks like.

It is probably running in an emulator with the surrounding "real" game reaching in and messing with the code as necessary. A lot of new accurate remakes are made that way, for example overlaying an old game with a modern graphics layer, where all the positioning is just pulled out of sprite registers. A clever employment of a cool technique overall that remix.