Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

Also, next episode is Family________. Speculation?

Another Family Trainer game? Already?

I so want this to be Family Basic. "Arino, please design and code a game." Ten hours into the challenge: "All done!" "Now clear it." "No way!"

If it's Family Jockey, at least I won't be spending a week studying horse bloodlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Another Family Trainer game? Already?

They showed footage of him playing the last one at United States of Odaiba when announcing this year's event, foreshadowing?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The only non-terrible game I can think of with "family" in the title is Drasle Famila aka Dragon Slayer 4 aka Legacy of the Wizard, and he's already played that.

ben liftington
Jul 7, 2004

I guess this is only tangentially related to GCCX but I thought I'd post it here anyway, since the Japanese TV thread in TVIV is like 99% Gaki no Tsukai chat. I'm a big fan of a Japanese cooking show that's now off the air, Dotch Cooking Show (aka Dotchi no Ryori or Cooking Showdown, which is the title used for the subtitled episodes that ran on US TV years ago). I was going through one of the episodes last night and thought these guys looked kinda familiar.

This episode also features Hiroyuki Sakai from Iron Chef! I uploaded it to Youtube since it didn't seem to be on there already. Neither Arino nor Hamaguchi get to say much, unfortunately, but it's still pretty entertaining. If you enjoy cooking shows or Japanese food at all, you should check this one out! The contestants have a choice between 2 meals and have to vote on which one they'd like to eat. After the votes are tallied, the meal that receieved the most votes wins, and everyone who picked that one gets to eat! The people who voted for the dish that didn't win are forced to watch the winners eat and then go home with an empty stomach. It's a lot of fun to watch, but bring snacks because it will probably make you super hungry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXWVI4mHMnw

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Dotch Cooking Show is great and I would seriously give it better subs if I had the time. Highly recommended!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Is there anywhere that runs a 24/7 stream of GCCX? I haven't been able to find the one they put on InstaSynch after SynchTube went down, so I assume it was removed.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Butt Ghost posted:

Is there anywhere that runs a 24/7 stream of GCCX? I haven't been able to find the one they put on InstaSynch after SynchTube went down, so I assume it was removed.

Do any streaming sites still have it up? I know there was a the great Youtube purge a while ago, but it looks like Fuji TV got around to Dailymotion and Vimeo...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Thanks for pointing this out. I was amused that the "western cuisine" dishes weren't really anything western past a couple of ingredients. I guess it's like chow mein or chicken tandoori.

ben liftington
Jul 7, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Thanks for pointing this out. I was amused that the "western cuisine" dishes weren't really anything western past a couple of ingredients. I guess it's like chow mein or chicken tandoori.

Yoshoku (western-style cuisine) is hella weird to me. Hayashi rice, in theory, I could consider as "western" food because to me it's like a very fancy beef stew served over rice. Omurice comes across as super Japanese to me though. There's another Dotchi episode featuring "the king and queen of Western cuisine". The dishes in that episode are hamburg steak (a large hamburger patty covered with demi-glace sauce, with no hamburger buns) and fried, breaded shrimp with the heads still on. It's just not food that I think I could find outside of a Japanese restaurant here.

I could talk about Japanese food and Dotchi all day long but it's not GCCX related, so this thread maybe isn't the right place for it. If you want to see more Dotchi, there's a number of episodes on Youtube, and I'll be uploading more of the subtitled ones that aren't already on there.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

ben liftington posted:

Yoshoku (western-style cuisine) is hella weird to me. Hayashi rice, in theory, I could consider as "western" food because to me it's like a very fancy beef stew served over rice. Omurice comes across as super Japanese to me though. There's another Dotchi episode featuring "the king and queen of Western cuisine". The dishes in that episode are hamburg steak (a large hamburger patty covered with demi-glace sauce, with no hamburger buns) and fried, breaded shrimp with the heads still on. It's just not food that I think I could find outside of a Japanese restaurant here.
I'm reminded of the time my family went to France for the summer, and (naturally, being white-bread Americans) ate at McDonald's several times. What we would call 'French dressing', they called 'American dressing'.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

ben liftington posted:

I could talk about Japanese food and Dotchi all day long but it's not GCCX related, so this thread maybe isn't the right place for it. If you want to see more Dotchi, there's a number of episodes on Youtube, and I'll be uploading more of the subtitled ones that aren't already on there.

Please do post in the Japanese TV thread. I love seeing new content there, but if people avoid posting new material there because they think it's all focused around one thing, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

e: Besides, it's not like there's any new GnT subs to discuss right now.

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 19, 2014

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ben liftington posted:

I've got a cookbook with an entire chapter dedicated to yoshoku. It included a recipe for that hamburg steak (which I've thought of as a variation on Salsbury steak). Doesn't change the fact that it can be pretty weird how other cultures reinterpret food locally. I've heard that in Hong Kong a American-style Chinese food restaurant has become very popular recently...

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

yes, i'm aware of one that has been up for some time. its on a site that is owned by google now however. am I permitted to post the link here?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Super Mario Land episode was pretty fun, even though it didn't really feel like he had much trouble, despite some Game Overs.

Arino phoning Kibe and him forgetting to write the opening (and subsequently blaming it on D Takahashi) was probably the funniest part.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

proxycell posted:

yes, i'm aware of one that has been up for some time. its on a site that is owned by google now however. am I permitted to post the link here?

It's not 24/7 and Google doesn't own Twitch.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Also what does google owning a thing have to do with SA rules?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

proxycell posted:

Feel free. We're pro-getting the episodes around. :v:

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
yeah ur right, its not 24/7

http://www.justin.tv/hawk7713

Its owned by google which means it will likely get shutdown

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

proxycell posted:

Google does not own Justin or Twitch TV. That was an unsubstantiated article from Variety, of all places, back in May.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

proxycell posted:

Thanks for half-believing me?!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

July 23rd is Urakawa's birthday. Send birthday wishes to @uratokawa.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

July 23rd is Urakawa's birthday. Send birthday wishes to @uratokawa.

I can't believe that he's still there and directing episodes. He's got to have something in his contract that says he doesn't play games any more. :v:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I got the shakes... Which episode should I watch again?

Or I could finish RGC2...

You know what I would like to see? Arino playing Shovel Knight.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

RadicalR posted:

There are few things that I want to exist quite like this hypothetical.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Did they ever do a NES Remix 2 episode?

Speaking of that game, I started playing the first one again and I remembered how much I hate Ice Climbers :bang:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Broseph Brostar posted:

Did they ever do a NES Remix 2 episode?

Speaking of that game, I started playing the first one again and I remembered how much I hate Ice Climbers :bang:

Yes. The kids aren't around this time though, I found it killed 90% of the fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51dMM0qjQo

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!

RadicalR posted:

I got the shakes... Which episode should I watch again?

Or I could finish RGC2...

I've got the shakes as well. Been rewatching the Megaman episodes to prime myself for the eventual MMX release. All those E-tanks...

RadicalR posted:

YES.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

YES! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WV8WHLJamA

Sorry, realizing today that GGCX is on summer break as of... last week has me in summer funk.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 24, 2014

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

proxycell posted:

rdbbb posted:

Thanks for half-believing me?!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Google does not own Justin or Twitch TV. That was an unsubstantiated article from Variety, of all places, back in May.
http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/24/googles-1b-purchase-of-twitch-confirmed-joins-youtube-for-new-video-empire/

He wasn't wrong, he was just a couple days early. :D

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

While probably true there is still no definite source on this so you can't really take any post about it as fact just yet.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

I can't believe that he's still there and directing episodes. He's got to have something in his contract that says he doesn't play games any more. :v:

He's still working for Gascoin, it's probably a politeness/work-mix thing.

http://www.gascoin.co.jp/archives/category/staff/urakawa

Angry Kan from unaired Super Mario Land footage.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

The last time he appeared in a regular episode as I recall is Captain Tsubasa. He doesn't play, doesn't say a word, he just appears with the rest of the crew in a shot.

If you pause the super-fast credits and look at who directed the episode, these days it's mainly former AD's.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
A game-inspired indie hip hop artist just released an album inspired by GCCX. Free to download.

http://www.2mello.com/

From the guy who brought you Chrono Jigga and Nastlevania!

ETA: He plugs SA-GCCX.com at the end of the first track.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 25, 2014

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Kakaricho posted:

Angry Kan from unaired Super Mario Land footage.

That's easily the best staff photo ever.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

zari-gani posted:

A game-inspired indie hip hop artist just released an album inspired by GCCX. Free to download.

http://www.2mello.com/

From the guy who brought you Chrono Jigga and Nastlevania!

ETA: He plugs SA-GCCX.com at the end of the first track.

Awesome. On an off note, Chrono Jigga and Nastlevania are great albums if you're into the source material.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

If you pause the super-fast credits and look at who directed the episode, these days it's mainly former AD's.

True, in the Gunstar Heroes episode Arino even joked about how it feels like ADs coming back to the show is an annual thing now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Take a break from working on the episode and play a game for a few minutes. Come back to the episode and Arino starts playing the same game. We're in sync!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Take a break from working on the episode and play a game for a few minutes. Come back to the episode and Arino starts playing the same game. We're in sync!

To be fair, Metal Slug is kind of cheating. :v:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I think if they ever did a last episode, it would have to be Metal Slug.

They lock Arino in a room and they don't let him out until he clears the game. There may be old ladies in there with him to play with him to try to help him beat the game.

The old ladies are of course free to leave. We're not psychopaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Not just any Metal Slug.

Kan wanted to ensure suicide to prevent any possibility of renewal