Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

FredMSloniker posted:

A number of changes were made for the American release, but not for better or worse, to my knowledge. It's worth checking out yourself if you like that sort of thing, and it's been rereleased on just about every platform, including Steam.

On an unrelated note, I hadn't realized it when watching other episodes with this segment, but 'elderly Arino' isn't making stuff up about cartridges that actually exist, right? Those are just prop cartridges with fake labels?
This has turned out to be one of my favorite segments in a way. Love that they're finally getting translated again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Thanks for another episode :cheers:
I wonder what the shocking, never before seen ending will be. I think I remember from an LP that I watched at some point that you need to find all the bullshit secrets to get the true ending, but that seems par for the course, so it's probably something else.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

June 11th is Nakayama's birthday, so hit him up with timezone-delay birthday messages!

@Poco_SP_Dragon

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What's the best option to get some of the older SA-GCCX episodes? I tried searching that tag on the new nyaa site, but only found like, one page of results :(

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Capsaicin posted:

What's the best option to get some of the older SA-GCCX episodes? I tried searching that tag on the new nyaa site, but only found like, one page of results :(

Have you tried http://sa-gccx.com/? I seem to remember there being download links on there.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

PureRok posted:

Have you tried http://sa-gccx.com/? I seem to remember there being download links on there.

The torrent links are to nyaa and looks like a lot of the Mega links no longer work. I got a bunch of "account deleted due to TOS violation" errors.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
TPB has a single torrent with everything from 2015 and earlier

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Those links really would need to get fixed at some point. But there's a nyaa mirror too, how about that?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Despite his talk of working on a farm in Hokkaido, Yanai is an average salaryman in Tokyo with a girlfriend for the last six months, who's parents hate him. Yanai declined Arino's help to fix things. Arino confirmed if his girlfriend was a woman. And Yanai admitted he's bad with animals.

Next time is Splatterhouse Part Two, part two.

I forgot, Producer Ishida had a baby. She doesn't like Arino much.

https://twitter.com/tanin1971/status/875384218796281856

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 18, 2017

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Kakaricho posted:

Despite his talk of working on a farm in Hokkaido, Yanai is an average salaryman in Tokyo with a girlfriend for the last six months, who's parents hate him. Yanai declined Arino's help to fix things. Arino confirmed if his girlfriend was a woman. And Yanai admitted he's bad with animals.

Next time is Splatterhouse Part Two, part two.

I forgot, Producer Ishida had a baby. She doesn't like Arino much.
Lot's to talk about for this one.
I love during the new segment that they have 12" figurines from Mario Bros the movie in the background. Bob Hoskins and John Lequizamo should be so proud!

When they were doing the SNES games segment, for Super Tennis, did I see it right that the losing tennis player is saying poo poo? If so, how did I never notice this?

I love the baby segment, in that Arino intentionally tries to make the baby cry. LOL for sure.

This is another one of those "I wonder how they decide which episodes get two parts?" Does Splatterhouse Part 2 have a cult following in Japan?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

くそ usually is a mild expletive along the lines of "dammit". It's when you use it in くそったれ or クソ喰らえ that it takes on real shittiness, if you will.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

くそ usually is a mild expletive along the lines of "dammit". It's when you use it in くそったれ or クソ喰らえ that it takes on real shittiness, if you will.

I think it's close to "frig" or "crap" myself in a lot of cases.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Fell behind and got caught up on this thread!

Crazy Climber was great, not something I was familiar with but an interesting challenge. MSX segment is good. I can't remember the last time I laughed like I laughed when Arino stuck the pad to the desk and forgot he needed it for the hidden rooms.

As for Dynamite Headdy, was really really really looking forward to this and was not disappointed! Thanks SA-GCCX!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

geri_khan posted:

As for Dynamite Headdy, was really really really looking forward to this and was not disappointed! Thanks SA-GCCX!

Well it's your lucky day, have a second scoop!

Episode 139 - Dynamite Headdy Part 2

Translate zari-gani
Timing Gutcruncher
Proof Hirayuki

https://nyaa.si/view/933170

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
yesssssssssssssssss

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Thanks! That too was excellent.

There must be some kind of law against withholding food until Arino beats a boss.

And where the hell did they get this cartridge from? Never heard of Headdy crashing that much, though the last one was perfectly timed in its own way. Love the way Kan comes out to officiate.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for the new release!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Megaaaaaaaa

https://mega.nz/#!bMtwRDoS!whIoldynmTu1rxM3xQRSigxOYI5Ok-6uhXSNDK5K2B0

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Appreciate this.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm Just A Kid So I Know Nothing Head

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Just got around to watching the newest release. That bit with Takahashi eating Arino's croquette... on the one hand, Arino could have communicated his intent more clearly. On the other hand, if Takahashi had said anything, his own intent would have become clear. And on the gripping hand, I would be unsurprised if the whole bit was scripted.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Arino challenges Ninja Gaiden 3 for the GCCX on the Pacific challenge.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

The ancient ship of doom is also the nickname for the ferry he'll be on.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kakaricho posted:

ok phew i was like "oh poo poo they sent arino to hawaii?" no, they didn't.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

ok phew i was like "oh poo poo they sent arino to hawaii?" no, they didn't.

As a regular visitor, Kan has said there are no arcades on Hawaii, so a special is out of the question.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Is there already some news regarding the english version of Kan's book?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

WesY2K posted:

Is there already some news regarding the english version of Kan's book?
It was announced back in April to be getting released via Fangamer. I don't know when it'll be out, but the final proof was signed off on last week so I'm assuming soonish.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

I just wanted to let you know that I'm watching gccx again and that daddy loves you

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kakaricho posted:

As a regular visitor, Kan has said there are no arcades on Hawaii, so a special is out of the question.

yeah, i know. we have one small chain with lovely modern cabinets, and then a dave and busters. shame, we used to have cosmic fantasy, but they chose a really crappy location and shut down when the entire mall they were in ran out of money and closed.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

July 11th is Tani's birthday, so send him some love. Or don't, I'm not your dad.

https://twitter.com/tanizawamune

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I want a Resident Evil challenge only to bring Tani back on screen as guest AP.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

jyrque posted:

I want a Resident Evil challenge only to bring Tani back on screen as guest AP.

He was in Clock Tower 2 as well.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
That's why I want him back!

GEI-mu Center is a valid alternative

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
Can someone explain what happened at the end of the Splatter House Part 2 (part 2) episode, the part that happened just before and during the credits?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

cubeboy posted:

Can someone explain what happened at the end of the Splatter House Part 2 (part 2) episode, the part that happened just before and during the credits?

If you mean when the played a replay, they were joking that even though they told him to stay to the left, he started wandering around, like a sleepwalker. Arino said it was just his cute side.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Kakaricho posted:

If you mean when the played a replay, they were joking that even though they told him to stay to the left, he started wandering around, like a sleepwalker. Arino said it was just his cute side.
Yep, that was it. That makes a lot of sense now.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I started watching the RAW of the latest travel special and it's already great at the start

Hamaguchi came to wish Arino a good trip, waving his Switch

There must've been talk already, but was the deal with this special that they would complete the challenge while on a cruise to ... somewhere?

e: New AD Kaga-san is the MVP. For once it's nice to see an AD who is not totally socially inept. His jacket looks like a japanese high school uniform.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 22, 2017

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

TeaJay posted:

There must've been talk already, but was the deal with this special that they would complete the challenge while on a cruise to ... somewhere?

Taiheyo Ferry runs regular ferries between Nagoya, Sendai, and Tomakomai (the special was between Nagoya and Sendai, if that wasn't 100% clear). The ships all have small arcades on board, and the trips take set amounts of time, which means a time limit for a challenge. Nice ships, if you have the time to travel, very much worth it. Hope an eventual DVD release shows more of the inside of the ships.

Pretty clever, except how many of the staff they lost to seasickness. Including Kaga, who won me over a bit for rallying back, and being super worked up back in the challenge room. Like Matsui, minus the frustration and anger.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/889266525344907264