Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
You generous translation goons continue to shine through with all the great eps you translate for us baka gaijin. Thank you :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i love this episode's tamage because i have a love-hate relationship with novel crane catcher games. they're always cool but also impossible

i'm lookin at you "you have to fill in all nine squares with these ping pong balls but the one in the center has to have the red mark on it" utsunomiya. or the game center in residential yoyogi where you have to get a ping pong ball onto a toy train track and hope the train doesn't push it off the edge going around a curve

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 5, 2018

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

i love this episode's tamage because i have a love-hate relationship with novel crane catcher games. they're always cool but also impossible

I won a tablet on my first try from one of those "stick the bar through one of the holes" catcher games, so I'm rather fond of them.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
More thanks for more translations.

Just finished watching the episode, now time to watch the speed run from SGDQ

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Adamant posted:

I won a tablet on my first try from one of those "stick the bar through one of the holes" catcher games, so I'm rather fond of them.

i avoid those, they're such money toilets. i'll give it one try and that's it! the promised prize is always tantalizing, but the spot you have to hit is so precise that it rides on a fraction of a second, so you may as well just be checking your luck yknow? :v:

but hey, at least those will always pass over the right place in analog, it's not like rigged american prize cabinets where you'll be guaranteed to lose most games because its internal computer determined that this isn't a winning round.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Thank you, GCCX translation goons. :)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The sprite when Dracula takes damage is just the funniest drat thing.

And you know Kibe was proud of that penguin question.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

e: Also the Famillionaire segment is pure gold, can't wait to see more.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 6, 2018

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Those Abe pizzas...:swoon:
Thanks for another great episode!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thank you very much for the new release, loved the game store and game show segments.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Aw YEAH, so glad for more GCCX, thanks so much for keeping it going!

univbee posted:

Happy 4th, you guys

Hahahaha what episode is this shot from?

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 7, 2018

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

That was a great episode, fun game, excellent game center visit, and of course Abe cooking. Thanks for your hard work translation team!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I haven't been left this hungry after watching an episode in a long, long time---fantastic work. Pizza truly is the greatest weakness to have of all.

GuidoAnchovies
Oct 27, 2005

Im'a get ya!
Out of curiosity, does anyone else subscribe to Fuji Tv Live's streaming service? I've been using it for a month and just realized that it lets you replay anything that has been on in the last 14 days on demand. Been watching a lot of GCCX again since figuring out I can just watch reruns whenever I want. Seems like it isn't very popular overall, but is awesome for Japanese natives living in America; ~$200 for a year is a pretty good deal.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm just gonna post this here

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlCRixll41A/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=abw98ovwv2cz

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next challenge is Captain Tsubasa 2 on the Famicom.

A game for October challenge will be announced, but no arcade cafe again, it seems.

Arctos
May 10, 2008

Kakaricho posted:

I might be the only one, but: :dance: YES :dance:

I love these goof ball games.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

A game for October challenge will be announced, but no arcade cafe again, it seems.

Still eagerly awaiting the first game to be subbed! Can't wait to see either subbed!

joek0 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 17, 2018

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Isn't there some kind of special where he plays Captain Tsubasa in front of a crowd? I'm sure I remember seeing this but I can't seem to find it. Or maybe it was just a section in a regular episode.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
The segment with the Captain Tsubasa stage show is in episode 146- Karnov

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Did Abe post recipes for those pizzas anywhere? Both looked very good!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Yep! Here they are (but in Japanese) on his blog: http://camabe.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-45.html

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

Yep! Here they are (but in Japanese) on his blog: http://camabe.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-45.html

I am amazed how ell google translate the recipes... at least that it what i think... will try the recipes. Instant Curry and Bacon should be something i can do.

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

i avoid those, they're such money toilets. i'll give it one try and that's it! the promised prize is always tantalizing, but the spot you have to hit is so precise that it rides on a fraction of a second, so you may as well just be checking your luck yknow? :v:

but hey, at least those will always pass over the right place in analog, it's not like rigged american prize cabinets where you'll be guaranteed to lose most games because its internal computer determined that this isn't a winning round.

As far as I know they are also rigged the same way. Even if you are accurate to the millisecond, you won't win unless the machine allows you to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXBfwgwT1nQ

The only way you can "rig" the machine in your favor is to monitor how long no one is winning in the machine. If someone has recently won, do not play it, you will not win.

StriderVM fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 17, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

StriderVM posted:

In reality it is even worse. They are rigged. Even if you are accurate to the millisecond, you won't win unless the machine allows you to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXBfwgwT1nQ

The only way you can "rig" the machine in your favor is to monitor how long no one is winning in the machine. If someone has recently won, do not play it, you will not win.

yea that's what i mean, lots of american machines do this (and claw games in japan will have variable grip strength per play) but the machine in question just needs to be millimeter-precise, which you can do... just, you need to be millimeter precise :v:

i found that, after over a year of playing the drat things, i like the hook catch games best, because they have no variable grip strength. you either get the pull ring on the s-hook or you don't, and if you understand how the machine works, you can get a payout rate of almost 100%. but the game centers generally dgaf because the prizes they put in those are like half a year outdated or even more

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Sayapyon was lovely.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

The Captain Tsubasa 2 Challenge will go over two episodes.

Also, the fourth Makuhari Messe game is Majuou

GuidoAnchovies
Oct 27, 2005

Im'a get ya!

Kakaricho posted:

The next game on TurboGrafx-16 CX is Bazaru de Gozaru No Game Degozaru.

Super late on this, but I just caught a rerun of this one last night - I can never get enough of puzzle kacho. I'm loving that they've been moving to more obscure stuff over the last couple seasons since I had fallen off around season 14.

Bazaru do Gozaru seems like a pretty awesome game though. The gameplay is all about queuing actions that are performed as the main character reaches action points. I really want to track down a copy of the game after seeing this episode.

Anyone know of any other puzzle games that involve queuing actions before starting and then hitting start to let things play out? The closest ones I can think of are machine simulators like bridge builder and incredible machine or simultaneous competitive turn based games where orders are given to AI units and X amount of time is spent before the game is paused to issue new commands.

The only other platformer with inactive controls I can think of is that Pac Man 2 game where you shoot him with the slingshot to influence his decisions.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

GuidoAnchovies posted:

Anyone know of any other puzzle games that involve queuing actions before starting and then hitting start to let things play out? The closest ones I can think of are machine simulators like bridge builder and incredible machine or simultaneous competitive turn based games where orders are given to AI units and X amount of time is spent before the game is paused to issue new commands.

Lego Alpha Team. It's a bit easy, but it's a fun concept.
Also, No One Can Stop Mr. Domino has a similar concept, except the queuing of actions is done by running around in real time and dodging stuff. It'd be a perfect game to feature on the show.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Adamant posted:

Lego Alpha Team. It's a bit easy, but it's a fun concept.
Also, No One Can Stop Mr. Domino has a similar concept, except the queuing of actions is done by running around in real time and dodging stuff. It'd be a perfect game to feature on the show.
Oh god I saw Mr. Domino at AGDQ, that game looks loving hilarious.

Flazh
Jun 10, 2006

Just got flazh beats!
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone else is using plex for the collection of episodes, but I'm wondering how people have the episodes with the gameplay segments and whatnot arranged in plex.

I'm trying to get the whole thing displaying nicely as well as not missing out much if anything, so if someone could point me in the direction of the preferred naming convention for this show and it's associated specials I'd appreciate it tremendously!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I just went by what TVDB uses, which seems to work out okay.

Flazh
Jun 10, 2006

Just got flazh beats!
That's what I looked up but there are some episodes in season 1 where there are full coverage episodes and then shorter episodes with the same names. I grabbed the full torrent from nyaa.si, which seemed to be the most complete way of getting the correct episodes that have the least amount missing, but the structure seems a little off from what plex would expect.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh, yeah, that stuff is..a mess and I dunno if there's any easy way around it. I probably have more episodes in the folders than actually show up in Plex :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, the naming can be fussy, and in more recent eps I've tried to name the files best I can to be Plex-ready.

The best way is, within your Plex TV folder, to have folder structure as follows:

[Your TV folder]
->GameCenter CX
---> Specials
---> Season 1
---> Season 2
etc.

For the normal seasons, all files should be named in the style "GameCenter CX - S01E03 - Whatever you want as extra information.avi".

For specials, they should be "GameCenter CX - S00E34 - Whatever.avi", the "episode" numbering seems to follow how we've released stuff so whoever's got control of thetvdb is watching us :ninja:. Here's the link to thetvdb's "specials" page for GCCX. https://www.thetvdb.com/series/gamecenter-cx/seasons/0

If you want multiple copies of the same episode (e.g. a challenge-only DVD rip and the segments separately) I don't think there's a good way to do that, unfortunately.

Flazh
Jun 10, 2006

Just got flazh beats!
Okay, well if everyone else is having the same kind of issue I'll just arrange mine based on the larger files and ignore the segmented ones (throw them into the extras oblivion folder).

I exclusively watch through plex now, so the individual files are a bit of a pain, but I don't really intend on watching the cut/edited segments which are part of regular episodes anyhow.

Thanks for the input :)

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

The next game will be a game which title ends in "densetsu". There's a good number of nice games that could potentially refer to.

Also, the Fifth Makuhari Messe game will be Märchen Maze.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
Just got done watching the Captain Tsubasa part 2. As someone that doesn't speak Japanese, this has been the most hard to follow of any of the RAWs I've seen. Even ones like the trivia or mystery ones, I can generally follow what's going on, but yep, this one is nearly impossible to figure anything out.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Adamant posted:

The next game will be a game which title ends in "densetsu". There's a good number of nice games that could potentially refer to.

悪の面:ゼルだの外伝説

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuidoAnchovies
Oct 27, 2005

Im'a get ya!

The White Dragon posted:

悪の面:ゼルだの外伝説

Man if only. I'd love to see Arino play anything from that system.

E: Oh, haha I read the Kanji wrong and thought you were saying faces of evil; I stand by my wishes.