Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I'm ashamed of myself for skipping to the end of that Battletoads episode to see if he succeeded or not. But that crazy motherfucker actually did it. I'm genuinely surprised, as I beat the game myself when I was a kid and can sympathize with his struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

QwertySanchez posted:

Just for the hell of it I sent an email to Hudson a few days ago asking them why there's no PC bomberman.. A shot in the dark I know but there's nothing to lose.

There was a F2P version of Bomberman released for PC a few years ago. It died a relatively quick death, though.

For emulators, it's a nightmare to try to get it set up, at least on SNES. The two emulators that actually work online for more than 2 people (SNES9X/K and MameHUB) have problems that prevent the game from being playable (horrendous lag and desyncing). Kega Fusion and Mega Bomberman is the only viable way to do it, and since it uses Kaillera you're still going to be subject to desyncs.

I know all this because I spent an entire day trying to figure out a way my friends and I could play 5 player Bomberman over netplay. It yielded only heartbreak.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

zari-gani posted:

^(Arino playing Princess Tomato)

It's pretty much a straight play through with Arino struggling to stay interested. He doesn't joke around much. It might be interesting to people who've never seen the game before, but it's not a top priority for either of us. Sorry.

I did a Let's Play of that stupid game way back in the dark ages of the LP forum. His expression is pretty accurate for anyone who has had to play that game. Death is not a good enough punishment for that stupid persimmon who drops all your items every level.

Kinda surprised at the lack of jokes though, as the game is incredibly nonsensical as it progresses.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Inferior Third Season posted:

How did Arino get this far without having any clue how to approach and land? Someone needs to get out the little airplane on a stick and show him how to do a proper pattern, or at least how to do a final approach (hint: line up with the runway and SLOW DOWN).

It's not quite that easy since the wind is very significant in levels 7 and 8, but... yeah, he's not really improving much.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

This little mini-contest makes me glad there isn't a Cream Lemon game.

And if I'm wrong, please do not correct me.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Vlaphor posted:

If you wanna talk about messing-with-rpg-behind-the-scenes-TAS, then you have to mention this insane Dragon Warrior (which I will always call that series till the day I die) 18 min TAS, where they modify the luck generator in the background to give the luckiest playthrough ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecZCwVHJlG8

You can do much worse things to an RPG than just play with its RNG.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Gonna take a stab at this and say spirit bomb?

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Yes :v: The other time, he said "Everyone, share your ten cents with me!"

... well, now I need fan-art of Arino dressed as Goku, doing this.

Curse my inability to draw.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

My main regret is that Arino will never know the horror of the game's Extra mode courses, or the sheer, hilarious dickery of multiplayer.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

While this has nothing to do with the new episode, I think people will want to see this:

http://www.twitch.tv/bazza87/b/343508389

Skip to 1:18:20.

Also, you should haze the new guy by making him do all of your most hated challenges.

Edit: http://www.twitch.tv/bazza87/b/343747593 1:21:20 for a tag team match :v:

Novasol fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 1, 2012

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

zari-gani posted:

I watched one of their Royal Rumbles live the other day and Arino was in that too. I couldn't help but keep thinking they made him too small... But watching him choke the hell out of Protoman was definitely something.

Well he is doing Princess Tomato next, but he chose that himself!

I saw Arino's debut, and it was a Royal Rumble. He was eliminated within 10 seconds.

Also, he chose Princess Tomato? I take back my hazing comment, as I don't think you could inflict worse on him,

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Gutcruncher: "I have come from America, I love your show. The next time when you come to America it is imperative you make a visit to Tacoma. We here, we have a splendid game center that provides alcohol."
Arino: "Oh! America! You can't hold a controller with a bourbon in one hand. Be careful!"

I see Arino is not well-versed in American ingenuity and therefore is not aware of our greatest achievement, the Beer Hat.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

I just saw a thing on Miiverse

This has been driving me insane trying to remember. What episode is that from?

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

This game. Man, gently caress this game.

... still going to watch immediately, though.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

Haha, poo poo, wasn't it you who LPed this game waaaaay back?

Random Stranger posted:

The whole Aces of Hardware segment might as well have been Kibe's Corner. Look at their system selection: Sega Master System, Sega SG-1000, Sega Game Gear, and then if they have time for it they'll do the 3do, Cassettevision, and Puter. I suppose it could be that Sega had more failed hardware than anyone but it really feels like Kibe just wanted to show off his collection.

Is it my imagination, or has this exact same Aces segment been used in another episode? Because I definitely remember seeing it :psyduck:

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

Pretty sure it wasn't deliberate. I think it was Random Stranger who advertised a few weeks in advance that they were preparing a bunch of episodes, including a pair of two-parters. The second one turned out to be OoT, of course, but it's not like they weren't doing it to ruffle the guy's feathers. He just interpreted it that way.

That's usually a surefire way to tell someone's motivations behind doing a thing, actually. If they do it, and then get cross about someone else doing it? Pretty good chance they were doing it for the glory rather than the greater good. Keep in mind Yoshi's Island and Earthbound are both obvious hot ticket episodes for the denizens of the internet. Possible bullet train to stardom? You bet.

Somehow I doubt there's any room for interpretation with this guy.

quote:

Dammit!

I just saw on SAGCCX that Zarigani watched the GCCX Earthbound episode and “subtitles to come soon”.

I gotta work fast. Apparently we’re thinking alike today. T_T;

quote:

RE: Earthbound GCCX

@theguyformerlyknownasfamitsucrash: I guess. I just can’t escape the feeling that our version will be overlooked because of SAGCCX fanboys. We don’t have much of a following, and will probably have a lot less now that Fuji TV has taken down the videos from YouTube. It’s frustrating.

quote:

RE: Earthbound GCCX part 2

@gunstarheroes: I don’t think it would be fair for me to have to give up on a project I’m already 1/6 of the way done with just because SAGCCX announced they’re going to work on it.

Especially considering I’ve been working on it since this morning, and they only just announced it. If anything, maybe THEY should do something else.

It just reeks of glory-hog. Especially his part about having to hurry because the big, bad Zari-Gani might beat him to something.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Going back through the OP, it struck me that the info cards for all the people have typos in them. "Postion" :v:

Also, I recently got a 3DS. What do I need to do to get the GCCX Swapnote stationery? My friend code is 3582-8941-7361

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

PopeCrunch posted:

Add me as a friend, then I'll send it to you (along with some other goodies) (thanks Caitlin!) My code is 0748 2017 5632

Alright, I've added you.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

PopeCrunch posted:

Sweet! I'm sending you a bunch of notes with special stationery, just create a bunch of notes (you don't have to send them, just scribble 20 pictures of dicks or w/e) and once you hit about 20, it'll unlock all the features including saving stationery - then just view the note again, and it'll automatically save the stationery. :)

edit: sent a pile, check your swapnotes!
edit: the last one should be WIZROBE HAS A POSSE

That is quite the welcome package :stare:

Thanks!

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I would say Punch-Out!!, except I can't see any outcome other than him getting brutalized by Soda Popinski for two hours. And if, by some miracle, he somehow gets past him, Bald Bull will be waiting :unsmigghh:

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Wait, he already beat Bald Bull. Wasn't Sandman after Popinski?

Just as thoroughly :unsmigghh:, of course. :v:

It's the Bald Bull rematch. If he somehow beats him, then Don Flamenco is waiting.

Rematch Don Flamenco does not gently caress around.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Hate to bring up :filez: related talk, but is there anyone who could help seed season 7 of GCCX?

I'm in a position to showcase some episodes next week, and I'm thinking Pac-Man 2 and Out of this World. I figure a weird game might be able to draw someone in, and Arino's antics can make them stay.

http://www.sa-gccx.com/ has links for torrents and direct downloads for both of those.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Clearly they meant to upload Game Center SEX instead.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I'm just looking at this and thinking "Man, the levels I submitted to this are so much better."

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Sodium Chloride posted:

You should've bribed them with alcohol like Jim from Scotland.

He REALLY wants this whiskey.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Nice, he had the same reaction to that level that I would have.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

Hi, that's me. :shobon:

Looking forward to an archive/subs because I was almost too excited when my level came up to focus on the stream.

You bastard :argh:

Your level looked pretty good at least. The rest of these though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

My first one was Castlevania 3, which mainly worked for me because I've played a ton of that game and on my first watch I pinpointed the precise moment I knew he'd already lost. "The bottom route is harder... but a shortcut is better!"