Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Great new thread. Arino is going to play Battletoads!? YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Quest for Ki is one of the more soul-crushing games I've seen Arino play. He is so very displeased by the end of part 2 he can hardly fist pump when he beats levels.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Well I won't be finishing the timing and gap-filling-in for the Starfox VC special this year. I'll get to it next year though and also Super Puyo Puyo! Mario Kart VC special's cleanup and .avi pressing is still in the pipes I think, that youtube one just aint 'final' but not as important or entertaining as all these real episodes. So many episodes new episodes from you guys! I still have two in the backlog.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The WiiWare Bomberman is good. Look out for the xbox version.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Shady3011 posted:

Great job, Hudson.

Fun fact: Konami internalized Hudson this year. They don't exist any more.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Great train episode. Even with the (great) PSX graphics I could still make out familiar parts of the Yamanote line. Random Stranger, you didn't miss a thing on the Chuo line. It's stopped for a "human related accident" more than the Yamanote. My commute would start in Saitama-ken and after the keihin-touhoku line I would have to take BOTH the Yamanote and Chuo. Almost two hours to get to work gently caress yeah.

The episode was drat great and way more entertaining than I bargained for. Zari Gani is just the coolest. Also Random Stranger and Gutcruncher, can't thank you guys enough! Nitpick - persistent HUD typo "Scheduled Arriva"

This year (lol) I do plan on the initial timing/checking of the Star Fox VC Special and translating the Puyo Puyo ep. I still have the French to English script from Refreshing Beer Drinking Avatar Guy, with some untranslated parts. Who knows I just might finish the Puyo Puyo episode by the end of Summer.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 26, 2012

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

zari-gani posted:

This is my favourite game series of all time (though I choose to believe the fourth game never existed), so I would love to play the Japanese version. I wish there was some way without having to get a Sega CD...

If you do get a Sega CD you can burn the ISO to a CD-R and just pop it in. This also works for the Dreamcast.

But you shouldn't because piracy is bad.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Cemetry Gator posted:

Wouldn't that even be more of a localization issue, if anything.

Now, I'm curious. How do translations usually work. Does someone first go through and make a "literal" translation, as in, this is what is said, and then someone else goes through and makes sure that it can be understood by Americans, or is it just a process that happens as you start pounding these things out.

I've seen professional translations done this way, but I got the impression it's not common. Usually the first translator knows both languages well, but sometimes the editor ends up doing all the real work making something out of the language being translated into. I'd love to hear our real translator weigh in here.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

Good luck getting a working Sega CD, though. Those things had horrible hardware integrity.

What? I think mine still works. Is there a belt or something that can be repaired like a Famicom Disc System or does the laser just die eventually like a Dreamcast?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Robodemon posted:

So they are doing English DVD's of the Kotaku episodes

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/02/28-1/discotek-media-to-release-retro-game-master-on-dvd

Figure this is news, they are going to have full Japanese with subs, that's interesting.

That's pretty "licensed". And now I pretty much have to buy the DVD to support an English release even though it's Kotak.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

zari-gani posted:

This is extremely exciting for me not only because it will be my first real translation job but also because the Kotaku 12 are some of my favourite episodes. Many of them are ones I wanted to translate to begin with.

Here's the funny thing -- I was contacted not because they knew I do all these fansubs, but because they saw my fanart in the GCCX in USA ep and wanted someone who knows the show well to translate.

Please, please, please support the DVD and buy a copy or three when it comes out. After speaking with them, I can tell Discotek Media truly loves Game Center CX and wants nothing more than to see it succeed here.
Oh my gooooooo:eyepop:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

So this was one of the big surprise projects zari gani has been working on. Goon success story of the decade.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Authorman posted:

Since they already subbed most of the episodes on youtube probably the gamingcx.com guys? :confused:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

^^ Nothing that hasn't already been.

We could set up a system where one person in the US takes money via paypal or something and sends people in Europe copies. This stuff isn't usually impossible to import, is it? DVD region coding is a bitch but there are ways around that. AnyDVD is a great Windows program that pretty much makes your box region-free.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Pankratos posted:

If no one objects I'm totally stealing this for my avatar.

Please do, I re sized / cropped it in the hopes someone would. Take your pick:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Phuzzy posted:

Got any other good Arino-Kachou for my avs

I went crazy with the screenshot button. If you have any requests it's not too hard to shop out the text.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

gif pro tip - use things that are the same colors to get it under 30 kb somehow

I can customize the order or time. A green-blue-pink one would work with Lemmings, Upa Upa, Kirby, doraemon, and Pit.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

GidgetNomates posted:

I don't really have any other context for them except that like half the shows I've seen this week it was focused around food.

Welcome to Japanese TV. Nice pics.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Commercials are the best part. I love when fansub groups like gg leave in one or two. I'd watch the poo poo out of a channel that was just ads and didn't keep breaking to watch celebrities watch something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD-_oLjmCGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDUOmY80GhU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I was amazed by the unusually humane treatment of the female AD. She got to play! They should have just told Arino the pause trick on yellow devil.

Such a fine release. You guys are the guys.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

shrgnatlas posted:

03/08(木) 22:00~23:00 #136
最強!コナミコマンド!!「グラディウス」

To be clear, it starts in 3 minutes! Normally I'd have left a more detailed post much earlier in the week, but again, this has been quite the off last few days for me and I really have kept up with my daily routine. I hope the stream works well for everyone; again the link is in my signature.

Sorry in advanced for the required registration!

Wow thanks! Good morning. :)

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The shiritori boss was amazing. Way to keep me struggling to keep up with new releases. Love you guys.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I didn't see the discussion before but it just I always heard "playstation broadcast."

LimburgLimbo posted:

Yeah I go to Sophia. Our classes are indeed different, in that we actually have to do work, but then we also actually learn poo poo. At least insofar as anyone learns in a liberal arts department. Also, there are plenty of exchange students, but they come and go and tend to stick to themselves, and the regular full-time students are ~80% Japanese by blood (though kikokushijo or international school kids), with most of the remaining percent being other Korean/Chinese/Taiwainese, so I still get to be a special white flower.
:respek: I took business there and aside from a couple clubs it was very hard to be a special white flower. Even stuff like traditional Japanese archery was packed full of charming black girls and guys who went to Japan exclusively for hatsune miku. How are you enjoying the the Chuo line this time of year? Do the right-wing political trucks still drive by and blare that the tolerance of foreigners is ruining the country?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Joshuadel posted:

I managed to get the stationary last time you friendly goons offered it, but unfortunately I left that 3DS on a plane. Where it wound up, I'll never know. I like to picture it running freely, untethered by my grubby hands.

My new friend code is 1461-7241-9442. I'd love to get that GCCX stationary again, and the Mario and DQM ones ain't too shabby either.

Back on topic: Thanks to everyone for the gamut of new episodes lately! I haven't even had time to get caught up on the last couple, but Sickle Weasel sounds delightful.

Did you try contacting the airline you took? It's a crapshoot but some airline companies have hundreds of ipads and gaming units waiting for people to claim them.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Ugh this is way too expensive but I have to have it.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

The blinds or the DVD?

Japanese DVDs are always stupidly expensive even before the import fees (on that note some of you may want to keep an eye on PlayAsia since they may sell a few copies).

I'm hoping the extended USA special is more stuff from the fan event rather than extra Robocop footage. Hopefully the extra challenge is a great one...

The DVD and yeah I know. I hope it has more stuff from the fan event or San Francisco trip because they really cut out a good deal to make it fit into the time slot.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Oh my goodness. Such Arino in such a short period of time! You guys are consistently the bomb.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Now we just need to get Arino to play the NES Seinfeld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIKDakpeaE0&t=7s

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

DELUGE mode! This is an episode I've been most looking forward to, thank you so much for all the work.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

You think it's the ultimate zari-gani but then she changes into her final form that is less convenient to go out on the town in. Rumor has it she translates so much in this state that it will actually kill you.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

People are still buying it. You guys are magnificent.

Also outside of the US and Europe Yahoo! is the cool homepage to have. I have a friend who works for Yahoo! and from what I have gathered they are not at all afraid of becoming obsolete.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Got my US special DVD. It arrived sooner than expected. It'll take AnyDVD or modding my Wii into DVD playback to get the region-free thing happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Who was the guy working on Translating the DS second game? You might want to get into contact with this guy who wants to start up his own translation:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/game-center-cx-arino-no-chosenjo-2-new-start.353523/