Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Zeether posted:

"Hey, I wonder what happens if I put a bunch of 10 yen coins in this?"

Can you really break the glass? Do you do it by nudging the machine a lot, or?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
One of my personal favorites is the moment in part 1 of Battletoads where Arino gets bored of waiting for a snake to show up and pretends to make Rash go "hey hey hey heyyy!" ...It's a bit simple, but I laugh every time.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Wait, I share a birthday with Inoko MAX? That is rad as all hell. Happy birthday to us! :haw:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

McLaglen posted:

Poking about the Mario Maker website in an attempt to find out more about the Arino costume, this turned up instead: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/amaj/arinoplay/index.html

It seems there'll be a live event on 12th December where Arino plays through more user-created levels, via a submission form that's available for the next 8 weeks: https://mariomaker-cp.nintendo.co.jp/

If you login with a Nintendo Network ID, the form asks for your nickname, region (ie. Japan-only), course ID, and a short comment for Arino.

Can you submit more than one level? And what kind of levels are they looking for, just any levels?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Hey, maybe it's just me, but a lot of the Direct Download links on SAGCCX seem to have gotten busted. Are they gonna be repaired or are the SAGCCX subs gonna become torrent-exclusive? I've been rewatching episodes with a friend, but he won't use torrents for anything, so I thought I'd ask.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Those are illegal in Japan. That's not a joke, either.

:stare:

Can you elaborate on this?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

March 8th (today Japan time) is Inoue's birthday.

https://twitter.com/inokomax

I still find it cool that I share a birthday with Inoko MAX. :v: Tweeted some birthday wishes!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

univbee posted:

Episode 148 - Pulseman

gently caress yeah, what a great birthday present :dance: Thanks for all y'all's hard work, as always!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Inoko MAX wished me back a happy birthday. I feel like my life is complete :buddy:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I remember there being an episode with an arcade trip that had Arino play a "baseball" game that was basically a long strip of lights up on one of the walls where you'd have to press a button when the light was in the correct position to send the light back down the wall and hit a home run. What episode was that in? I can't remember for the life of me.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I don't think the Episode Guide on SA-GCCX has been updated since Episode 201.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 23, 2017

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I've been looking forward to this episode for a long time. Dynamite Headdy always was one of my favorite Sega games. Thanks, SA-GCCX crew!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

JfishPirate posted:

Mole Mania for the Game Boy would be a fantastic episode. He plays it during one of the Game Boy segments and even says as much. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet, honestly.

Episode 205. It just hasn't been subbed yet.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

FinalGamer posted:

Also sorry to ask if I asked this before, but what is the difference between "hardcoded" and "softsubbed"?

Hardcoded means the subtitles are baked directly into the video and you can't take them off the screen to see what's behind them under any circumstances. Softsubbed means that the subtitles are on a separate, toggle-able subtitle track from the video that's (usually) automatically overlaid onto the video by your video player of choice.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

Next game is Super Bomberman, the new segment is Arino playing the role of a Famicom appraiser.

Oh man, my friends and I love Bomberman! I'd love it if the Super Bomberman ep gets subbed sooner rather than later. Not that you have to listen to me, but it'd make my pals and me happy.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Adamant posted:

It's also a very easy game, so it's unlikely we'll get a lot of points where he gets stuck for a while.

Yaridovich, Valentina & Dodo, or the Axem Rangers maybe?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Bloodplay it again posted:

Johnny could be tough if he takes out all the lil sharks and forces the 1v1 fight instead of leaving one alive so his whole party can do damage. The cake fight at the wedding could cause trouble too. Otherwise Yaridovich and Valentina were two fights I thought about as well. Wonder if he'll use Geno Whirl on the sword for the OHKO or not.

True, but Johnny and the cake have tricks to their fights that the ADs could provide after a bit. Yaridovich and Valentina are straight out slugfests.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Vermain posted:

Yaridovich will be easy if he learns the secret trick that your cursor will always initially target the real Yaridovich after his split.

Define 'easy'. He still spams hard-hitting all-target attacks even if you know this.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

And while we’re talking ADs, Yamada appears in both DVD boxset 4 and rental DVD 15.0 episodes, but isn’t credited on the back of either.
The rumor that it was because he left Fuji TV for Asahi TV has been floated, but is unconfirmed.

According to what I've read in Kachou On!, AD Yamada left BeWild/GasCoin four episodes into the first season after an argument with Producer Kan. Apparently the staff has tried to memory hole him since then; Abe certainly didn't have a high opinion of him, claiming that Yamada "failed as a human being".

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Inoko MAX and I share a birthday. I don't know if that actually means anything or not.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

GooseCanyon posted:

Game Center CX 288 - Super Werewolf Chronicle WARWOLF [GooseCanyon]

Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

Kan, did you hear me zing Werewolf Arino?

https://nyaa.si/view/1285232

Paul, you is a WARWOLF.

Looking forward to watching this one - thanks as ever, GooseCanyon.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

NuclearPotato posted:

My heart leapt into my drat throat when I read that first line, you bastard :xd:

Yeah, not gonna lie, my blood ran cold with how 2020 has been.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

GooseCanyon posted:

Game Center CX 253 - It's Bazar dé Gozarre's Game, If You Please [GooseCanyon]
:eyepop: I was actually hoping against hope that this one would be translated after seeing it in the 24/7 Twitch stream but didn't dare dream. Thanks so much!! Looking forward to watching when I have time!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Weirdly enough, there was a Nickelodeon-themed game that totally ripped this game off. I'm not even joking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicktoons:_Freeze_Frame_Frenzy

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

joem83 posted:

Season 26: Episode 9 (#345) "Turtle main character(s)" premieres on Thursday, September 22nd.

I feel like this is gonna be a good one!

Were any of the TMNT games released in Japan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

They must have thought he was getting cocky.

Either that, or they think he's been down too long in the midnight sea.