Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Anyway thanks, your comment inspired me to draw some bizarre fanart.

This is awesome even out of context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

rdbbb posted:

They didn't even acknowledge mine. :( (to be fair, it was sent right after a look-at-the-faxes segment and was about Punch-Out because it was prepared before knowing they'd be doing Lemmings.)

Plus, you've since met Arino in person and actually been featured on the show. That's got to take the sting out of it a little, right?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

drat, the ancient fax machine in work isn't working at all. I wanted to send this:

Though it's probably not a reference that would be familiar in Japan anyway. Ah well.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

unsupervised posted:

This is great! I can fax it if you'd like.

That would be brilliant, thanks!

EDIT: Larger version

birdlaw fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 24, 2012

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Holy poo poo, that poster is amazing! There are so many awesome touches, like the Lemmings banner :3:

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

The fax in the top-left corner looks like Keep Calm And Kacho On, but I just can't tell from the stream...

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Thank you to everyone who complimented the Keep Calm and Kacho On image, I didn't expect it to be so popular. It's a shame it didn't make it onto the live show, but I've cleaned up the image and added a little something for anyone who wants a new GCCX wallpaper:

Download: 1400x1050 (4:3) | 1440x900 (8:5) | 1920x1080 (16:9)

If anyone wants any custom sizes / colours, just let me know.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

GidgetNomates posted:

I'm using this (linked at some point in the topic) as the wallpaper on my desktop, would you mind doing one with that same teal as the background so my laptop and desktop can match?

1280x800 by the way

Here you go!

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

MaskedTai posted:

1680x1050?

Here!

Anyone can feel free to PM me if they want any customizations, I don't want to occupy too much of this thread if we can help it.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Obeast posted:

Nah, Arino will be there and get frustrated when he can't blow out the candle after many tries. Then, Abe would show up, cook himself a nice dinner, grab a beer from Inoue's fridge, and silently eat it as he watches Inoue try to blow out the candles. It will be the best birthday of his life. :v:

The fridge could be entirely empty and Abe would still be able to grab a beer from inside.

He's that badass.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

I just received the original Japanese transcripts of the episodes which I'm super stoked about.

Complete with Kibe's hand-written annotations and Alex Kidd doodles in the margins?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Nice! I'm trying to find more photos of the faxes. Here's another one. Pretty low-res, but you can see the "Keep Calm and Kacho On" among other international faxes in there.

Hooray! Thanks for the pic zari, and thanks for sending it in Erwin!

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

GidgetNomates posted:

This is what's confusing me. It says the 12 eps they did with both their versions and the Japanese audio, but that's not at all what the Discotek DVD is right? So, did they just hear "DVD version" and thought it was somehow involving them or are they somehow releasing their own DVD or what the heck is even happening here

It's just Kotak being crap and lazy. Disregard everything they say, listen to Discotek.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

(it could also be "kla-VEER")

Yeah, this is closest to the German pronunciation, which I would assume to be correct as Klavier Gavin is supposed to be German, right?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

It's only been one week and good things come to those who wait.

Plus the DVDs are right around the corner and absolutely everyone should be buying them.

Seriously, well-produced and translated episodes of this show available in a legal format? This poo poo was unthinkable a couple of years ago, so people should totally be showing their appreciation.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Cemetry Gator posted:

Why would they edit out the Pokemon stuff though? I mean, Pokemon's a really popular franchise, so it's not like they are talking with somebody about something nobody's heard about?

Some of TV Nihon's decisions are a bit of a mystery (and the rest are baffling as gently caress), but hey, who knows where we'd be today without them? Their spergy subs got the series the attention it needed to be done correctly, so it's tough to be anything but grateful.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

If you're not supporting this because "American influences" taint the "original feel" of it, I hope you don't download the releases from this thread either.

GACCX subs are tainted by Canadian influences. Entirely different.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Heti posted:

Hey I have a question that is possibly stupid. How is any of this legal? If GCCX is on a pay channel in japan how can we get away with uploading and downloading them for free?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Arino vs Dark Souls.

SL1, no bonfires, and he has to get through NG+ to see the 'true' (other) ending.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Strangely enough, Arino may have played Dark Souls in his spare time. He plays a lot of the major releases and it was popular in Japan...

"I didn't tell the crew, but I've actually played this game! I don't remember much, but I think I'll complete it by lunchtime."

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gari is the new AD, Arino deliberately screws up all the time to make her illustrate solutions on the whiteboard.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Wow, Hamaguchi's Mii is probably the most accurate I've ever seen. Seriously, that thing is perfect.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

I want that Swiss army knife, so of course it's the most expensive thing.

I'd have thought they'd just send you one. After all, you literally designed one of the other pieces of merchandise.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Grawl posted:

Is that Arino's family?

No, it's a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Got a new package from Gascoin Company!

Amazing. You could reply to the Xmas cards with your Toujimare picture!