Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I'd love to see him do some modern games with the retro asthetic--Super Meat Boy, or La Mulana, or mayb eSpelunky.

Pity that's not really the format--given that he plays so many old (bad?) games, he has a unique viewpoint not shaped by nostalgia. It'd be interesting to hear his thoughts on more modern takes on the same genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
What's that you say, in less than five minutes the number of seeds jumped from 1 to 170?

Torrents! :allears:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Wait, I'm not super clear on how this works. Did you cut the 24 hour show down to 1 hour, or is this the first hour, or is it an hour out of the first seven hours, or what?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

joek0 posted:

This is an hour long regular episode(#89) which was a documentary of the Lemmings 24 hour live episode.

Got it, thanks!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Light Gun Man posted:

Undoubtedly he'd have her work at the seedy bar or cabaret or whatever they called in that game.

There was one of each! :v:

:smith:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Hooray! Thanks a bunch.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Lifespan posted:

Really enjoyed the Wrecking Crew episode. The fact that it was 100 unique levels and took 27 hours yet had no ending at all was a kick in the gut. Also, "Black Kirby" was both the meanest the funniest thing ever said on the show.

You're not supposed to beat that game in one shot. It was a collection of puzzles, and you could do them in any order.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Emalde posted:

Absolutely. They're full of extremely interesting bits of information and help paint a picture of how things may have been at the company during that time.
It's also neat to see developers talk about a game years and years after it's left the market. It means they're actually talking about the process of making it and what they loved and hated about it, instead of trying to sell it to us.

No one's making money off of Hang On, so he could tell us what he really thought about it, and so on.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Don't make fun of him, Humor Impairment is a serious condition.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
People have identifiable scents, and schnozes are fairly accurate. Take a book off a shelf of books no one's touched in a month and thumb through it, then put it back and dust them all... it wouldn't be hard to tell which book you handled from scent alone. It's not that weird to be able to identify a scent, especially when it's the scent that you could be reasonably expected to guess on a variety show, which narrows it down a bit.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
A lot of perception is perception, appropriately enough. You don't expect to get much in the way of useful information from your nose, so you ignore it. Experiment a little, you may be surprised with what you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Depends, really. If there was a game at that arcade that were somehow important or meaningful to me, I'd absolutely ask him to play that with me.

But because all of those games for me are on the PC or console, heck yes I'd pick Metal Slug.

(A fighting game might be better for telling a short story appropriate for a TV show in roughly fifteen seconds, but he's poo poo at those, so)