Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Thanks a lot, even though I still have the Quest of Ki song stuck in my head and I think I might have to murder someone to make it stop :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Grawl posted:

Why did Arino ask that woman's cup size in the Ring Ring Tactics part of the last video? :psyduck:

Why did she even respond? :psyduck:

Because it was funny? :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I love the Arino-slime so much.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

That game looked horrible to play but great to watch Arino struggle through :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Fluffy Tail posted:

I have to suggest Game Center CX - "He doesn't hold back against an 11 year old girl". if we're still doing thread titles.

This is definitely one of my favourite announcer quotes. Almost all the tamage segments which involve Arino and kids are a combination of adorable and hilarious :3:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

138. >>132 Volfied and Splatterhouse were both god tier

Holy moley I want to see Arino play Splatterhouse so much. Nintendo Channel :argh:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

My dad loves Syfy and a tiny piece of me dies every time I see him watching another terribly acted generic scifi drama with no plot :smith:

On the plus side I think the first anime I ever saw on TV was Akira and it was subbed instead of dubbed so thanks Sci-Fi channel we had some good times and the X-Files was always worth watching even if I saw every episode 10 times :unsmith:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Paris-Dakar Rally is a pretty legendary lovely game and I'm legitimately curious as to how Arino will treat it.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Joctan posted:

Don't know why, but the japanese and spanish pronunciation is almost the same, with the exeption of japanese the silent "u". So things like Abe, Ryu, gaiden, have the same pronunciation in both languages

Probably something to do with the historical influence of Portugese on the transliteration of Japanese script into the Latin alphabet.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

That last episode was great, I love the dramatic readings from games segment so much :allears: Nakayama was such a perfect choice!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

The only non-translations I find really enfuriating are when they put a perfectly acceptable translation as a TL note. Why the gently caress would you put a TL note instead of just using the word which you literally just said it means? :psyduck:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

There's also Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha though it's not actually part of the SF Alpha series (it was really fun, though!).

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I took that to mean "establish in the videogames industry" rather than actually you know set up the company.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

To be fair I thought that VLC's UI was awful too and that's why I haven't used it for many years. I assume they improved it at some point.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

pigdog posted:

So I'm up to Season 8, and well addicted to the show by now.

Maybe it's just the translations, but one of the best things about it is the deadpan narrator. Arino can do something lighthearted and silly like beating a kid at some game at a Tamage segment and cheering, while the narrator interprets it like "ARINO-KACHOU ENJOYS THE SUFFERING OF SMALL CHILDREN". It cracks me up.

She leaves at some point, the new narrator doesn't have that hint of barely restrained disdain :(

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

That was a great episode, I still hate that game as much today as I did when I first played it. Wasps and loving barrels! :argh:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I'm not sure why you say it like they're not literally professionals. They spend 8+ hours a day training because it's their job. SC is big money in Korea; games are broadcast on TV! It's pretty sad though since most pro gamers burn out by their mid 20s at the latest and the Korean SC players seem to have a worse turnover rate than others probably because of how competitive it is.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

So wrong, and yet... so right.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Well, either way that would certainly be an interesting story...

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Shock Trooper posted:

At least the Tamage was great. Abe arguing with the store owner over the value of those stamps was fantastic.

Highlight of the episode IMO.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I can't believe that I still get pissed at Arino for trying to beat every boss ever by mashing his face into it and spamming attacks.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I remember reading about some place in Germany which is like a fancy private club with PCs and games consoles everywhere, private rooms for groups to play together, etc. I don't remember if they had arcade machines, though.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I actually kind of enjoyed OOT part 1 just as a quick look at some OOT stuff that I had apparently totally forgotten. The southern travelogue was great though.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Super Star Force looks pretty interesting, not what I was expecting from a NES shooter! Thanks for the episode as always :)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Was anyone else kind of impressed at Arino remembering the tag line from an almost 20-year-old TV advert?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I'm not sure which one had the most but Donkey Kong Country was definitely my favourite because of the sheer fake-out factor.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Westwood branched out quite a bit (Blade Runner, NOX, the best goddamned version of Monopoly to date) but all anyone knows them for is C&C. Weird.

I always remember them for Lands of Lore, that game was pretty groundbreaking in some ways. Shame the sequel was rear end.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

He's not just higher level but his stats are rear end considering that he's technically a level 21 character and his stat gains when he levels up are pathetic (he has 0-10% chance of increasing his stats, most characters have at least 30%+)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

That guy's insane rant was about 4-5 times longer than I was expecting and I was expecting it to be excessively long, holy poo poo.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Shocking Videos MAX is one of my favourite segments ever but I also loved Everything In Life I Learned From Strategy Guides so maybe I'm just dumb and smell like poops or something :downs:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Major Helper posted:

Thanks for the new episode. The picture with Arino's face merged with the main caracter's head is amazing.

For some reason it made me imagine Arino doing a really bad Columbo impression which made it even better.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

That episode was fantastic, thanks!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Famicom Sniper :allears:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I love the look of the site, very clean :)

I would like an RSS feed just because it's one more thing I have beamed directly into my face that I don't have to use any effort to check for updates or whatever :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I was seeding all day while I was at work guys! I'm going to watch this after dinner and it will be good :3:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

We still don't have a singular, gender-neutral, third-person pronoun though. :v:

"They" works. Sometimes. English is inconsistent as gently caress y'all.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I thought that episode was hilarious but it was definitely a slow starter.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

Of all the places I didn't expect to learn about horse incest...

As soon as I saw that the game had simulated bloodlines and such I thought to myself there's no way Arino isn't going to gently caress up and make some kind of inbred cripple horse without even realising.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

It's not that surprising, lineage is a huge deal when it comes to nearly any animal breeding, from pedigree cats and dogs to working animals to conservation efforts with endangered species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

So can anyone explain Shadow of the Ninja to me? I remembered how enemies have "hidden" health bars from when I played it as a kid. As far as design decisions go, this one's just a :psyduck:. I've never figured out why they did that, or if it's a glitch. What's the point of a life bar if it doesn't even move the first fifty times you hit a guy? To taunt you?

Yes I think that is probably why, it fits in perfectly with other design decisions for similar games of the period :v: