Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Gutcruncher posted:

You mentioned Ace Attorney, have you played Ghost Trick? Its by the same guy who made the first three AA games. As much as I love those games, especially the third one, I found Ghost Trick to be even better. Same type of great writing and characters, but with better gameplay.
AA3 is The Best Thing. The AA games in general are amazing. I dunno if I'd call Ghost Trick's gameplay better or worse, it feels a bit apples-and-oranges to me, but I have been meaning to go back to that game. Thanks for the reminder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Today it is leap day. I woke up to heavy snow and this news. This is gonna be a great day.

Congrats not only to zari-gani, but all the SAGCCXers for helping to prove there was demand for this!

Lock fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 29, 2012

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Thanks yet again for the new episode everyone!

shrgnatlas posted:

ゲームセンターCX #136
2012年3月8日(木) 22時00分~23時00分 の放送内容

I know it's short notice but Game Center CX will be streaming this week in 1hr30min. That is 10:00 PM JST, 5:00 AM PST, 8:00 AM EST. The link is in my signature.

Thank you again for doing this; I'll definitely be tuning in.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Ray, I'm a little late to the party, but let me add my appreciation for your efforts and best wishes for future endeavors. Thanks!

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

^ Unquestionably awesome, no need to worry.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Just finished the latest episode myself. Thank you as always!

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

The idol group thing is more than a little disturbing. Granted, sex and pop music go hand-in-hand anywhere, but how young many of the members are, and how blatant the sexualization is regardless, is creepy. I mean, I hadn't even heard of that C-ute group, but even the big groups have members in the 15-16 range.

And it is so drat big, not just among the creepy overage dude demographic, so there's no hiding from it.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Shiren, or at least the DS iteration, was an absolute blast to play (for me anyway). Sure it's babby's first roguelike, but when it comes to roguelikes I guess I'm a babby. It's pick-up-and-dungeondive style fit well with the DS, I felt.

That said, the biggest dick move I've come across isn't even the game's fault. Sticking your DS in your bag, going for a bike ride, having said bag jostle and the cartridge pop free when you'd just put the game to sleep without saving?

You're dead and that run to the end that you'd spent the past few hours prepping for is wiped.

I'm looking forward to that ep with morbid curiosity. Everybody who's played the game says watching it's a frustrating experience, but then it's customary to sigh in exasperation at some of Arino's moves at this point. Sorry you were forced to bite the bullet on this one zari-gani, but it will be watched, rest assured.

Lock fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 25, 2012

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

zari-gani posted:

Ah yes, you guys have found me out. I've always wanted to break into the home decorating industry so this is a dream come true.

You are unquestionably sitting on a goldmine here. Get this on Etsy or wherever yesterday.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

That Lincoln clip just made my week. As a fellow huge fan of Downtown, that was perfection from all involved. Thank you for that!

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

elf help book posted:

Crane game is a perfect use for 3D!
I would unashamedly buy a 3DS crane game simulator/trainer.

Thanks once again to the crew for their continuing work, this is awesome stuff.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

zari-gani posted:

It's for Region 1 only, but VLC is a free media player for your computer that can play any region.

Some computer/laptop dvd players have the region encoding in the firmware so that not even VLC can get around it. Or at least that used to be a thing a few years ago. Something to watch out for.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

E: yah, not the place for this discussion, necessary dogpile already created

Lock fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 29, 2012

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Aside from the Neo Geo Pocket stuff, I can't think of a single handheld fighting game port from before the PSP/DS generation that wasn't complete garbage.

The Game Boy version of MKII was surprisingly playable. Ran faster even than that Street Fighter II shown earlier. Even more surprising when you compare it to how horrific the first MK was on the Game Boy.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

i got tricked into paying the nhk man

never again

Don't be that guy(jin).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

GooseCanyon posted:

Our latest episode, Mario Land 2! Can Arino escape the neon claws of Gamblor!?
https://nyaa.si/view/1172698

My favorite GB game, best GB soundtrack, thank you so much for this!