Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I've seriously gotten into this show. I love Arino :3:. Dating sim ones are the best, I wish there were more. I love when they draw detailed charts on the whiteboard, especially the one on the Solomon's Key episode. Thanks goon translators. :h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Mister Chief posted:

One of my all time favourite GCCX moments was the strategy meeting for how to perform the triangle jump during the Super Mario Bros 2 challenge.

Between that and the video tape fitting perfectly inside the fish stock box that is probably my favorite episode.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
^^: haha I was about to post that. I love his interactions with the pink dress girly.

I've been trying to go in order because that's how I do things, I'm on episode 38 now, and it's been great seeing poor Inoue finally come out of his shell and get over his shyness. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
"I'm going to throw a Ritzy party~" :laffo: I think his best jokes are during the Tamege.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Joshuadel posted:

I know it's :filez:, but my hope is with Gawker's license expiring, the SA translation of S.O.S. will resurface. That episode made a convert out of my wife, who was as skeptical about the show's premise as anyone could be. I haven't checked out the Kotak version of the episode, but watching Arino yell at a bunch of doomed shipwreck survivors is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in the program.

That one is on youtube, I watched it a couple days ago. I didn't know it was licensed. I felt so bad for him because the AI being so bad was really no fault of his own. All of them jumping to their deaths at once was the funniest thing ever though.

Also yes yes yes thank you for uploading on torrent, it's so much better than direct downloading. :)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Oh man the singing during Stations of the Tokaido. :neckbeard:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Kikka posted:

Nakayama for life. Pok-koron.

Nakayama is great, but Takeshi is forever the best between his singing and diorama building. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
This is the best show oh my god.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Season downloads are a wayy better solution to shows that have as many episodes and seasons as GCCX does. More so because it's unevenly translated, it'll be easier to keep track of completed seasons if they're separated.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

zari-gani posted:

Haha, well I'm only doing it because it's a fun episode to watch. Here's another preview so that my other one doesn't scare people off.

:laffo: "too much horn"

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Kiranamos posted:

I think all the ponkoron ringtone links have gone dead, can anyone please upload it :3:

What. I've never cared enough to download ringtones in my life, but I MUST have this one for a text sound.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Oh god I missed so much stuff. Thanks for posting screenshots everyone. :h: zanigani I'm so glad your work was so well featured, it really is perfect.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Pangalin posted:

Trying to coax a friend into the show without throwing her headfirst into a full episode, are there any (subbed) videos with just some compiled great moments or anything?

I just now sent my friend Adventure Island on a whim.

He's hooked. :c00lbert:

Also I find Arino's fat jokes to be in bad taste and inappropriate and I find it hard to watch, but it doesn't ruin the entire show for me.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

techknight posted:

I don't want to open a can of worms, but is it just that there's no gender bias in fat jokes over there, or it is just a different cultural sense of humour period?

(ie here it's usually in poorer taste to make a fat joke about a woman than a man, owing to the difference in how overweight women are treated vs men by society at large.)

I genuinely want to know if this is the case as well.

(obviously still not an acceptable thing to do)

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 27, 2012

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Haha I'm watching the USA Special now.

"Only problem is you gotta dry 'em off"

"Doraemon?"

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
zari-ganiii that is so amazing. :neckbeard:

This thread is magical. I never buy dvds, but I'll be buying these.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I somehow skipped over the Hokkaido Serial Murders episode. Arino's interactions with ADs are always the best.

At the end of the horrifying game moments segment he's asking why Inoue owns "girl pants"

"They're so short. They're girl pants"

"No they're mine :("

"Ah-perfect fit.. I'm sorry. :saddowns:"

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Wendell posted:

Okay, but how many people in this thread have worn cooling pads?

I didn't know cooling pads were even a thing. I mean I knew about body heating/cooling pads for muscle aches, but not ones specifically for your head. They seem useful for anything that requires long hours though.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Uznare posted:

Because it's boring as hell. There was a lot of discussion in the previous thread as well. There's just no way the editing can make it not boring.

Aw that sucks. Is the Kirby Superstar one boring too? That's another one I've been waiting for. :(

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
More quiz and puzzle games. :h:

Also dating sims, those episodes probably made me laugh the hardest.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

zari-gani posted:

Ecco the Dolphin is mercilessly difficult (seriously, the entire game is one long underwater level and he still has to take breaths of air or else he dies?) and has some puzzle elements. I can picture Arino freaking out over the dinosaurs and aliens. "But I'm just a dolphin!"

Here's a playthrough of the whole thing for those who haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_eOIPgCdE

Well at least it gets points for accuracy. :shobon:

I've never played the game, but watching the long play, it's kind of creepy.

Looking at the related vids, Arino needs to play power rangers.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

joek0 posted:

Here is a Youtube video for the 3DS Virtual Console raw episode with Donkey Kong 94.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T0ySBGmpGw

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzt6-eMT2s

I think this is the first time I've seen Arino with make up.

I feel weird for noticing that.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Aha can someone make a gif of the dancing now game?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I'm more excited than I should be for Ninja Gaiden being translated. :3:

That's the episode that got me into the show originally, I saw it was amazing even though Kotaku's dub crap.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

joek0 posted:

Can't wait to see the Kid Kool episode. I just watched AVGN play this game. Looks brutal.

I recall the jumping in that game is absolute garbage. Arino seems to manage incredibly well with terrible controls though.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Stoat posted:

This one is fantastic, I love Emoto now. He's just behind Inoko MAX.

:3: Having seen so much GCCX now, it's impossible for me to pick a favorite AD. They all have their little moments.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I never understood the "Retro Game Master" title. Arino sucks at games. :saddowns:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Caitlin posted:

Hooray my lovely Japanese worked! He just seems like such a genuinely nice guy, especially to his fans. :buddy:

:3:

Also you guys are the greatest, thanks for so many episodes out of no where.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

zari-gani posted:

Translation: "Game Center CX in USA will be released on DVD! The illustration drawn by Nina will be used for the packaging. Chock full of footage that didn't make it into the broadcast... We will present them little by little in the show!"

There's actually one more surprise from me coming up. You'll never guess what it is.

I'm late on this but ohmygod congratulations! You must be so excited. I'd be so honored to have my art work be used like that. It's perfect.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Excited for Wantanabe episode. :3: She really doesn't get enough props.

I'm downloading it now but what exactly is the pilotwings episode? Is it an edited down version from the 24 hour challenege?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Ok phew. I did not want to see a condensed hour of Arino failing. :shobon: Thanks guys!

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Holy crap. :neckbeard:

Also I showed my friends GCCX this weekend via Adventure Island. They loved it. :)

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I am so so so behind and have little memory of what I've watched already. I think the last thing I downloaded was the Pilot Wings episode. Can anyone give me a list of what I've missed since then so I can avoid combing through 2500 posts? :( (or if any poster regularly posts the new episode torrents let me know and I'll just ? you)

vv: I don't keep episodes of anything, ever, but that link helps tons. Thanks!

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 17, 2012

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
The Battletoads episodes are everything I hoped they'd be. Arino is having SO MUCH FUN and the atmosphere of the show is infectious. :3:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Meme Emulator posted:

Is that the fishing trip where Arino is staring at some guy through the huge red tourist binoculars

Im pretty sure theyve been on two fishing trips.

No different one. I don't know what's gonk about the one he's talking about though? I recall he caught a fish by snagging its eye but that's about it.

The binoculars fishing trip was hilarious, the owner was great.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Heti posted:

That game looks horrible and I didn't really like that episode all that much until this happened and it just turned all around for me.

Nakayama is firmly my favorite AD. :3:

VV: bwahaha his :saddowns: over the sheer unfairness.

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 24, 2012

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Unless there no reason for me to avoid Deep Discount-is there any chance of the price dropping on the amazon ones ? I really do want to buy them, but that price is pretty steep but I want them in time for christmas :(

Kerfuffle fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Oct 25, 2012

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

zari-gani posted:

But Arino is the one being interviewed this time! That's nice for a change. It's pretty interesting and if we can get a rip of this I'd like to sub it since it's so short. We're also looking for a good rip of the Kirby challenge that aired on Nintendo Direct.

:neckbeard: You're the best.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Corridor posted:

Really? I thought that was kinda abnormal and/or skeevy. Guess I was wrong (have never sold a design).

Design stuff/one is more about licensing variations than royalties. Books are really the only thing that royalties pop up in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Oh my god I'm so excited for this.