Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

Found this and started watching like three weeks ago, totally hooked and only have a few eps left. Got three of my friends, my friend's brother, and most of an IRC I idle around into it. Now five or so of us gather round and watch episodes together pretty regularly.

There's just something so uncomplicated and fun about the show. Just a guy who even when he's good at video games isn't super great, overcoming hard challenges, with an aggressively endearing personality, entertaining support staff, the fun side segments... Even once it's over I usually end up on an old game kick cause I felt like playing them again or trying out things I never heard of but look neat.

Arino plays like I and I'd bet most people did as kids, just plugging away, excited at every victory, loving when he finds a secret or exploit and giving no shits about making full use of them, the way every time Inoko MAX tries to co-op it goes exactly like how co-op really goes and it's hilariously great anyway, etc. It's all very human I guess.

And the last seven minutes of the USA Special are just the best, man... I'm sure everyone's else said all this before, but I'm still just surprised at how great it is. Feel good show of the century. :unsmith:

edit: Realized I just gushed about the show, when I gotta heap on some praise to you guys subbing it. These are really good, it's kind of amazing to think it's just a fan effort. Avoiding just direct translation for the sake of that little extra polish really helps enhance (or I suppose successfully translate) the personality of it. Good on ya, cause man I can't even imagine how much work some of these must be.

Skyelan fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyelan
Sep 17, 2007

Oh my god that episode was the best

The rest was already great (GOD DAMMIT ARINO YOU LOST THE GODDESS AAAAUUUGGHHH), but all of us watching got psyched when multiplayer happened, and seriously that had every single element of a great bomberman match.

Self bombings, winning because everyone else hosed up, ganging up on the guy in the lead, someone loving you over just as you're excited that you masterfully hosed up someone else.. Fantastic.

:dance: