Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Double Happiness posted:

Really like this show, but does anyone else get annoyed by the overly-cutesy female voice repeating everything that happens on screen? I've seen this a lot in Japanese shows, it's like they think the viewer can't see or something.

Just watching one of the arcade visits he does, one of the machines was broken, and then he goes bowling.

Arino: Oh no! the machine doesn't work!
Voice: Arino is shocked to discover that unfortunately the machine has broken!

*Arino bowls a strike*
Voice: The Chief bowls a strike!

just really irks me.

Isn't that just a Japanese "thing?"

Such as -
"Metal Gear."
"Metal Gear...!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

abraxas posted:

The torrent is broken for me. It says "The Torrent hasn't been posted to the SA forums yet, only seeds may connect until the torrent is posted" and then it never does anything. Seeds can obviously connect, since it claims there's 17 seeds connected. Is it just me or is something actually broken? The direct download is awfully, awfully slow :(

It's giving me that message too, but it's actually working anyway. I just gave it a few and it's on the way!

Thanks everyone for this! My first time posting after a long time lurking... I've got my whole office turned on to GCCX thanks to your efforts! We love it!

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
I think there's a lot more to Super Monkey than everyone's giving it credit for, here. Crap games (Kusoge?) are a phenomena in Japan, from Takeshi's Challenge to Cho Aniki, and they're all intentionally bad.

Everyone calling in says "I remember the ad! It was so epic!" and "I was talking to my girlfriend, and we were laughing about Super Monkey so I decided to play it again!"

It's probably almost a rite of passage, or ironic fondness. Everyone knows they're bad games but that's the point. It's an ironic love. I don't know if there's an equivalent western game... but it's like watching Manos the Hands of Fate, almost, if I'm getting it correctly?

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

jyrque posted:

It's not too big of a problem to just look up quickly from OP what season an episode belongs to but I still think it was a very good idea to just create torrents like "Season 13/Game Center CX 107 - Paris Dakar Rally.avi".

Just a heads up it's season 14 man!

(I know because I just organized my whollllllleeee GCCX folder into seasons)

So i could watch the ring-ring tactics arc beginning to end.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Thanks for the wedding video, I think it's pretty funny to see the difference between Arino's description of the "three days of Arino" and the dramatization. I couldnt help but feel like he was fighting off cracking up the whole time.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Tell me, whyyy does mine say October 4th? Amazon prime, what are you even good for? :(

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

zari-gani posted:

What do you find most interesting about the Season 1 episodes? Finding out about the history of the video game industry, or the people themselves? I personally like learning about their approach when creating games.

I agree, because (being in the business) they are all so, so different from any approach to game design that I've ever experienced. I'm not sure if it's an East / West difference, or a big company / small company difference, but every time they would describe their game design methods I got equal parts :aaa: and :psyduck:

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
It's arrived at work!

While watching the extras to get myself ready!

We're going to watch some at lunch - thanks so much!!

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Random Stranger posted:

Now it's time for the segments from 53 Stations of the Tokaido. This one was already translated, of course, and it hasn't been modified from that other than stripping the licensed portions of the episode.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 135.31 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

And that's it for the moment. I'm out of translated bonus clips. There will be more in the future but I thought a deluge for the DVD was appropriate.

I would also like to thank you all again for posting these! I'm on kachoverload lately with the DVDs and all the supplements so I'm way behind, and working through slowly, but all of your work is much appreciated. I (and the OCD part of me) really love that you're enabling us to finish out our collections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Random Stranger posted:

For the past few weeks I've been mentioning that I had something big coming up. The time has finally come to reveal it.

I wrote a book.

For the past year I've been writing this 900-page episode guide to Game Center CX. It's packed with details on every aspect of the show: detailed write ups on all the episodes through the end of season sixteen and all the games challenged, an index to every single one of the 1200 games encountered on the show, information on the staff, references, and more stuff than you can shake a stick at. Any time that someone has asked a question about the show and I've been able to give an answer a few minutes later it's because I just went to my notes for this book.

What was the busiest week for Game Center CX? What game systems does Arino own? Which AD worked the hardest? Want to know how long Suda's commute it? It's all in there.

Instant purchase! It's the least I can do as thanks for all the hard work you've put in to this show.