Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Crotch Bat posted:

Oh wow, the behind the scenes with Abe and Nakayama is the best. I could watch an entire show where he does nothing but go to staff's homes and cook for them and drink beer.

It was slightly creepy, but I would let Abe break into my house, drink all my beer, and cook me ramen.

Then film me playing video games silently.

:gonk:

EDIT: Okay, Toujima and Tani's Magical Motorcycle Adventure had me in stitches (and was pretty adorable). This show is so amazing. Also saw a lot more of Toujima than I was expecting.

Spincut fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

zari-gani posted:

Dang, is Gimmick that rare/expensive? The game appealed to me a lot when I watched that episode.

What game is this?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYcf2yUgblc

Ive played a rom before, its great fun.

Wow, that game looks awesome. The attention to detail is incredible for a NES game. Or for any game, for that matter.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

I already posted my FC on the Steam site, but here it is again so others can add me. Added everyone on this page as well:

http://goonfriend.botenanna.info/request/193406850691

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

:doink:

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Man, I forgot how frustrating this game is. I don't think I ever got past the first level as a kid.

People on freshverse are saying that someone mentioned he'd be playing more than one game today.

In other news, I sent my fax off! Waiting to see if it went through now.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

My fax went through, but I didn't see it. It looked like they were just showing off faxes with advice, though. Hopefully they do a more thorough segment of just general faxes soon.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Hahaha, holy poo poo.

This one is mine. I'm so glad I stayed up for that. :3:

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

schuhart posted:

Awesome! Im so pleased they showed the faxes!
Did any of you use an online fax company? Also what specific area code did you use?

I used faxzero.com. If you click the international fax link and choose Japan, it'll put in the national code for you, just drop the 0 off the front of the fax number (3-whatever instead of 03-whatever).

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Duckula posted:

Could someone please send me the GCCX letterbox thing?

My FC is 4811-7288-3009

Post your code and I'll add you back!

I'll send it your way. FC is 1934-0685-0691.

Also, holy crap, zari-gani, that poster is amazing! I'm so glad you got your artwork shown again. It's truly great stuff!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

So hey, who wants a special episode promo courtesy of the astounding Nagoyan? He found this video while working an episode that's being edited right now.

For what it's worth the source video was pretty rough a couple of different ways so there isn't any option for better quality video. But this is short and it's something you're going to want to see:

http://depositfiles.com/files/bmgwzyyij

Download torrent81 (1 file; 132.47 MB)
View torrent stats

So, I've never seen this show, but from the video, I gather it involves giant monsters and a lot of running. Is this accurate?

Also a teensy tiny bit of pure insanity.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

No, it's a promo video for the game The Genji and the Heike Clans which was the challenge in episode 85. The end of the video featured a lot of in game footage.

The episode does feature a lot of giant monsters and a lot of running, though.

Huh, I assumed the non-game parts were taken from a show that the game was based off of. Was that all filmed just for the game?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

MaskedTai posted:

Have any of you guys thought about doing a GCCX styled show/event/thing of your own?

Funny, I was thinking about this exact thing while watching the latest episode. It would be cool to do a GCCX-type thing that showcased only difficult Western games (the original TMNT for the NES came to mind, for instance). It would be difficult to set up but I think it'd be fun to do.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

4chan posted:

Am i the only one who suspects Kibe may be a homosex? He just has that vibe.

:ughh: And yep, that's why I don't go to 4chan. Because they use words like "homosex." loving idiots.

Daikoku posted:

Who is that on the right?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Woohoo, new episode! Thank you all so much! You all have really been doing a kick-rear end job and I can't believe we peaked 100 episodes translated.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Is there any other place we can grab the torrents while Alluvion is down? I'm trying to download the episodes I've missed, and depositfiles.com is just awful.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Nill posted:

Got in touch with Rich about the domain and he's renewing it now so alluvion should hopefully be back in not too long.
He wasn't aware people still used it.

And just like that, it's back up. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

zari-gani posted:

Nice meeting you too! You'll be happy to know I did not shell out eight bucks for Super Monkey Adventures.

These are the GCCX challenge games I did pick up at the show:

Happy to see another Clover GCCX release 'cause they do fantastic work, and I can't wait to see how people like the DVD -- I don't have a copy of it yet myself. Thanks for the article about it, Ray. I hope it clears up some of the misinformation buzzing around. I'm fine with people not wanting to buy it as long as their decision is based on true facts.

Woah, Arino plays Smart Ball at some point?! I played the hell out of that as a kid. It's kind of surreal looking at all of the games that he's played over the years and being able to pick out bits and pieces of my childhood.

Thanks for all of the great work, once again. I fell behind for a little while, and I'm caught up to Battletoads at this point. Once I get some money, I'm ordering the DVD and having a viewing party with some friends.