Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15
I'd say it's easy in the sense that, excluding the special world, the difficulty doesn't increase very much over the course of the game. Once you have the controls down there are very few problem areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.

Tyma posted:

I don't know how much it carries over in translation, but those are words they usually say to dance around the fact that the game is bad. When something is said to have "strange level design" or "unique controls", it's because the producers are grateful to the game companies for letting them broadcast footage of the game, and don't want to offend them by saying the controls are terrible, and the level design is illogical. They still have to explain what makes the game is hard, though.

In the segment where they talk about games from a specific year they also call a lot of lovely games "revolutionary" and/or "masterpieces". If a certain amount of asslicking is what it takes to keep the show running then have at it I say.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

I love the Gradius series, but honestly, Gradius 1 is such a lovely game compared to any of the others.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Why would she leave such a cushy job? Bizarre.

That's not her only job if I remember correctly.

Man, I expected Battletoads to be a good episode, but not this good :)