Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

zari-gani posted:

Got contacted by the producer again; all I can say is I'm looking forward to the upcoming live broadcast very much now.

Zari-Gani, next season's AD! :dance:

I would seriously flip out if that was true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Katana Gomai posted:

Re: Live broadcast: When exactly is that going down and do you think they'd be excited to get a fax from Germany if I try really hard with what little knowledge of functional Japanese I have? :3:

You should also include a bit in German or English that says "Do I know the Kachou? Yes!"

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You did something terrible...
You forgot to give Arino snacks, how will he make it through the game? :(

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Vlaphor posted:

I don't think that there is one good episode for getting people hooked on GCCX, it all depends on who you are trying to get interested. One example is with my former roommate, who was never really a big fan of the show until the Bonk's Adventure episode was released. He had fond memories of that game as a child and that worked in it's favor.

My suggestion would be to start with games that the person who's watching might have played. My personal favorite episode is the Lemmings one (not the 24hr one, but the first run through).
Yeah, I have had a similar experience when recommending the series to a friend. They don't express too large an interest if it's some random game they heard about, especially if the game's name is in Japanese and completely unrecognizable to them. I usually just suggest a game people have had common experience with, like the Mario, Metroid and Megaman games. A game they've played is the hook, and the content of the episode will keep (especially Tamage) them hooked~

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Neato, I'll be sitting here, waiting for the Discotek announcement, too. :toot:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I wish I could go and eat with them. Those snacks look good. Also, Abe is cooking for them.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

makere posted:

Last year I found barber cut machine here aswell, had stuff like ps3 controllers and ipods, we spent like total of 40eur with a friend to get the controller, but failed.
There's a mini arcade on my university's campus and it has one of those. I remember seeing an xbox360 in it. Of course, I doubt I could win anything, so I didn't try. I would probably need more money to win it than to just buy it.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Was that the one that aired alongside the last Nintendo Direct from a few weeks ago?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
For those of you that aren't aware, a guy named SRKFunkDoc is running a charity event called Kings of Poverty. It's an event that starts with a Mystery Tournament, consisting of a lot of funky NES/SNES and other retro games. Afterwards, a speedrunning marathon will take place and the whole event's going to last for 30 hours or so. The charity associated with the event is RAINN, and all donations are going towards the organization.

The event has been going on for about an hour and a half or so, and next up in the Mystery tournament is a game you're all familiar with - Street Fighter 2010. It's not a complete playthrough, it's probably just through the first stage or so, but it'll be quite fun to watch.
edit: They have to complete Stage 3

If you're interested, check it out here: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
There's also a thread on SA here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504816

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Man, I really enjoy seeing these types of episodes. Hearing about how these video game developers started out distributing their products as a mail order service and doing the related work as a family is very endearing. It makes me happy to see how far they've come. I also love seeing game developers that actively play the games they produce and take joy in them, that just shows that they really love their work. Learning about the video game industry's past and learning about the people is just super interesting all around.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That would probably be the greatest thing in the world :swoon:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Oh man, this game is such a lovely game, but its aesthetic is so interesting.
Can't wait to see Arino suffer.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Dang, Zari-gani. If we didn't already think you worked hard in translating these episodes, you definitely work hard! Much obliged for your work!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Random Stranger posted:

Merry Christmas fans of Japanese mechanical arcade games. Enjoy the classic Mountain Climbing Game as seen in several episodes of Game Center CX.

Yes, that is actually its title. I couldn't believe it either.
gently caress the goddamn lightning.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Blackchamber posted:

Now I feel guilty for getting an avatar. I just like the show (the tamage parts are my favorite) but I didn't know avatar ownership came with a study requirement. I'm not ready for any pop quizzes!
At the very least, you've got a rad as hell avatar. Well picked and crafted :golfclap:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What about thanking you, calling you a strange foreigner, and telling you about how he ate some local food from your region?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
This deluge is so strong. I can't even keep up :negative:

Lifespan posted:

"You'll get caught up in the!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkc2vYUEA9w
Crossfire?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The one with the Cooling Pad is the one who experienced all sorts of labors. He knows what's up.
First Arino is obviously the smug Arino who thinks he will be able to leave by lunchtime.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That image is terrifying.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Kirall posted:

Is it just me or does the boss music in Mendel Palace sound suspiciously similar to the rival theme in Pokemon Red/Blue? They were made by the same guy, too. :tinfoil:
Yeah, I occasionally thought about the music being similar to some Pokemon theme. Couldn't put my finger on it, but I guess it's the rival theme.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Not sure why, but the DDL link seems to just redirect me to the website's homepage.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Random Stranger posted:

I had this problem before and wasn't sure what happened so I thought I'd just try again. Looks like that won't work. I can't upload to another file site until the seeding is properly underway for the torrent, though.
No sweat, there's no rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
It's a pretty great shirt.