Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
Translate Princess Tomato!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
Anybody know anything about the DS game sequel being translated? The only posting about it I can find is from January.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power

zari-gani posted:

Unfortunately it turns out that school in Australia couldn't manage to translate the Princess Tomato ep. They got ten minutes in before the most interested students had to graduate. So it's up for grabs now. Rejoice, Percy fans! That episode may be subbed soon, because I'm going to start filling in the gaps!

aaaaaaaAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
YOUR TRANSLATING THE GAME!!!

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
about time.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power

zari-gani posted:

I should mention that I'm on board the Retro Game Challenge 2 translation team now.

Thank you i love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power

univbee posted:

Beaten slightly, but ROM hacking is notoriously difficult to give estimates for because the workflow it demands is completely all over the place. It's a mix of long blocks of you know what you have to do but it's tedious work (e.g. you have a working system for getting English text into your game but now have to modify it to accommodate various space concerns), and periods of needing to figuring something that seems simple on the surface but actually requires hours/days/weeks/months of trial and error until you find the magic formula that works (e.g. the info you need to get the earlier-mentioned English text inserting correctly).

Some ROMhacks can go several months with nothing visual to show for it, and then all the right info is found, everything falls into place and the ROMhack is done 2 days later. I found the text on my own in a ROMhack I did for a really old Famicom game using a relatively simple technique, but a similar strategy didn't pan out when I tried the same thing with Final Fantasy VI because its alphabet wasn't stored in order; fortunately someone else had already figured this out for me, and since now I know that this is a gotcha in FF6 I could reverse-engineer it a lot faster were I redoing it from scratch today.

And this is all coupled with the fact that people have other responsibilities and obligations (which change constantly) that take precedence over staring at hex code to please some strangers who aren't paying you for your work (I'm not meaning this as an attack on you or anybody, it's just the reality of the situation).

i dont care i want it nowwwwwww