Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Relevant to this, RJWaters2 is currently doing an LP of Um Jammer Lammy that shows off quite a lot about the game, including what happens when you hit the button combinations in the loading screens. I'd really recommend checking it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
You could say they were a little too transparent with their advertising. :v:

(use imgur)

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I only found out about this guy today, and it's just bizarre to me. It's like those tumblr dudes that decided to do their own LP of Dangan Ronpa for whatever reason. As nice as it is to be "one of the people doing GCCX subs", I get more satisfaction out of being able to put hard work towards helping others enjoy a good thing.

That being said, I wish I could have done more to help with the episodes in the last few months.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

quote:

Two things wrong here. The first one is that “his father’s deposit” sounds incredibly awkward. It doesn’t sound like natural English at all.

The second one is the more important one. We don’t call those “Cash Dispensers” in English. That’s the Japanese term for an “ATM Machine”. Even Tomato (the guy who wrote the giant article on Earthbound vs Mother2 localization/translations) said that calling them ATM Machines was a GOOD localization decision.

Why would someone okay this as a good translation? >_<

Okay, now this guy is making me irrationally angry.

e: This guy seriously doesn't know what he's talking about.

quote:

Screenshots taken from the SAGCCX translation of the EarthBound episode.

I think they’re missing something in that second screenshot. Y’know, like some subtitles, maybe?

When the text on the screen is literally the exact same thing as the person just said, there is no point to an overlay. It is not pertinent information for the viewer.

miscellaneous14 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 24, 2013

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
e: nm

I know I should ignore this kind of thing, but it's just frankly insulting that he's accusing zari-gani and Random Stranger of being lazy here considering the absurd amount of work they put into the subtitles.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
GCCX music chat was a page ago, but I'm so glad the show introduced me to Fantastic Plastic Machine, especially since they've made one of my favorite songs ever (though most people will probably find it horrifically annoying).

I've seriously lost count of how many episodes I've still yet to see (Ninja Spirit was actually the last one I watched to completion :v:), I'm very tempted to have a giant marathon of as many unwatched episodes as possible.

miscellaneous14 fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 12, 2013

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Just for fun, I decided to do a quick count of all the episodes that haven't been subtitled by any group so far, including season 0. So far, only 32 out of the 168 total amount remain so far! It's amazing how much progress there's been in just a few years.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I also wouldn't mind getting said digital stationary. 0130-2123-7321

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Gutcruncher posted:

I cant for the life of me remember what it's called, but I heard of an American restaurant whose whole gimmick is that the whole staff are assholes to the customers

That would be The Wiener Circle.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I hadn't checked the thread in a while, so when I saw talks of sending flowers to someone in the group email, I thought someone died or something. :ohdear:

And this is why I need to stop falling behind.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
"I did it!"

"Arino, I'm afraid that...was a bad ending"

"Wha?"

"Fortunately we prepared the final level for you to play right now"

*system crashes*

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Thanks for reminding me of both this and the event. I planned to buy this when zari mentioned she was working on it, and it helps that the design is also super radical.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Is there a specific reason they only sell most of that stuff at events? I mean I'm sure they'll always sell out due to the scarcity of availability, but it just seems odd they wouldn't sell them online or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I like how both the US and Japan ended up with huge YouTube Poop fads on their own respective video streaming sites.