Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Plasquatch posted:

The majority of my complaining has to do with the big reveal at the end. The "Master" you are trying to save is actually the main character from Ikki (another early Sunsoft title, and the game for which the term "kuso-ge" was invented).

TV-Nihon version:
Arino: What about the master?
Toujima: This is the master.
Arino: Isn't this person from Ikki? This person is from Ikki, isn't he?

KOTAK version:
Arino: Which one is the master?
Toujima: It's him.
Arino: This one? Isn't he one of the lives?

I can understand where maybe the average viewer might not be familiar with Ikki, but "one of the lives" doesn't make sense in any context.

一機 is a term that is thrown around enough in the series to warrant some confusion but it seems that the translator was just bored of his job and just wanted to get it over with. On the other hand, did Kotaku use caption notes to explain jokes and stuff? It could just be he didn't want to bother translating a reference he couldn't explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I've seen text plastered all over in some japanese talk shows.

As for why... I guess it's some kind of trend that caught on :stare:

I'm not complaining. It helps me learn kanji!

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Stoat posted:

Ugh, I'm an idiot. A friend of mine is a big fan of CX and told me he heard the rumours from 'that really big Japanese forum'. I assumed he meant 2ch. He meant 4chan. God drat it, sorry.

My feed reader doesn't mention anything. In fact, Arino posted a blog 6 hours ago.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
How big of a spoiler is watching the Night of the Sickle Weasels episode if you're planning to play it soon? I've been avoiding playing it because the lack of furigana and the bad resolution has made it difficult for me to look up every word I don't know. But on the other hand, having some context would make it much easier to understand what's on the screen...

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

giZm posted:

I like him, can we keep him? Pleeeeeeeeease?!

Yeah, he's like Billy from retsupurae. I like him.

Seriously though, don't pick on a nice person who isn't even threadshitting or otherwise being a deliberate nuisance. Hell, even his punctuation and spelling is fine.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
I think you can fill in a whole season of arino playing Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

a big fwiggen terd posted:

Whats the Japanese for 'gotta support the team' :v:

チームを応援しなきゃ(Chiimu o ooen shi nakya) is my best guess.

EDIT: I don't know how romaji works