Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
There's an in progress fan translation here, but it hasn't been updated since January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I really enjoyed the Capcom episode so it's cool to see another [CX] episode. Timely too with the recent Harmo Knight (made by Game Freak) announcement.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I figured I was gonna be knee deep in Borderlands 2 that week so hooray a delay (and double hooray higher demand than supply).

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Little note for Handbrake:

Make sure you use custom cropping and set all sides to 0. I noticed immediately on the Clock Tower episode that if you're burning in the subtitles they get cut off on the top and bottom when using the automatic crop settings.

Question: Has anyone using Handbrake made it so the 60fps gameplay footage gets preserved in the rip?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Betting on Kickle Cubicle. He hasn't played that yet correct?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Refusing to watch any of the KOTAK versions when they come out has made the set a real treat for me. Got around to watching The Wing of Madoola episode and laughed pretty hard at the phone calls/hang ups to Kibe and the SunSoft rep. Easily a top 10 episode for me with all the staff interaction as well.

Do they not have a framerate standard on the show though? All the studio footage in Madoola was 60fps where it's been 30 on the other episodes, and gameplay between episodes have had the same 30/60 split as well. This is all moot when ripping the episodes through Handbrake though since it gets output at 30fps.

cronox2 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 7, 2012

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
It might be too recent, but I'd love to see Resident Evil 2 just for the reaction for when he's told he's only beaten half the game after the first playthrough.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
It totally is the controller isn't it. I had noticed it before but I thought that might've been on the original art so I never mentioned it.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
After playing it the last couple of days for the Retro Game Masters thread, so I'm really curious how well Arino does on Gimmick. At first I thought it was ridiculously slippery with the movement but I find each time I come back to it I just steamroll through previously tough stages.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
IIRC Goku turns into a giant monster when the full moon comes out and the only way to stop it is cutting off the tail. The original Dragon Ball series was on after school tv back in my school days and I got into it, but the series only had the first 20 eps or so and would cut off before Goku fights into the tournaments.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Wendell posted:

I remember being so disappointed by that since the final episode ended with the narrator guy telling us to stay tuned for Goku and friends in the big tournament!

Yep! I rationalized it as they didn't have more episodes ready so I figure the next time they ran through the series the new episodes would follow. After a couple cycles of this the crushing disappointment set in. DBZ premiered a couple years later but right off the bat I rejected it because of how dumb it all felt.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I vote for the 2nd. Goes perfectly with the running ad theme of cosplay linking to Amazon.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Mister Chief posted:

Is the segment just 10 minutes of them attempting to get it to work and then giving up?

Sounds like the Ashens review of it.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
What a cool mini episode. Wish it was a full hour because I'd love to hear more stories from Iwata about his time at HAL.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

KingShiro posted:

I don't know if someone said already, but you can buy Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Bikkuriman World) on PSN for $5. Totally gonna buy it.

If you have PS Plus as well they've been doing a different Wonder Boy game each week for $1. I've bought all 3 that have gone on sale but haven't had the time to play any of em.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Gotta give em credit for parodying the source material that closely?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Don't underestimate how much of a bitch the (already tight) button timing is gonna be on an LCD monitor. I was barely able to beat Um Jammer Lammy on PS3 with a modern TV.

Gutcruncher posted:

"Um Jammer Lammy Challenge START" shouts Kan, as a single tear streams down Arino's cheek.

Followed by him beating Lammy's story, only for the Parappa mode to unlock and having to beat that too.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Parappa.

Also "Super" Donkey Kong? Weird re-title.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Duckula posted:

Why can't it be? I vote this scenario.

If anyone's got a physical Barcode Battler since there doesn't seem to be a virtual one online:

Parappa's US UPC is 711719418320
DKC's US UPC is 045496830359

UPC's are from checkupc.com

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Just from the initial stats it's a massacre in favor of Parappa (left) against DK (right).

YOU GOTTA CONCEDE!

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Yeah the Parrappa on PSN is the PSP version. We only ever got Lammy on the PS1 classics service.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Post, Reply, it's all in the mind.

I'm about halfway through this episode and it's great. I also agree that I really hope he plays Incredible Crisis someday, because that game is flat out insane. The Giant Bomb quick look of it didn't get to the Ferris Wheel level of Taneo's segment which was so disappointing because that needs to be seen.

-holy crap that air horn sound effect when he clears stage 2.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Me too, I really dug the Barcode Battler segment. I can't wait for you guys to do more of the current season to see more of that, even though this episode spoils how the other battles went.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Took me a bit of Googling to find, but if you're wondering what that mini-cartridge Arino picks up in the game guessing segment, it's basically a plug-in roster update cart for the main Nantettatte Baseball game:

This is the only real clear shot I found online of the slot on the back of the main cartridge where that mini cart goes in. Cool idea by Sunsoft, I haven't seen anything like that before.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Silentman0 posted:

Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were both full-sized carts, what he's describing is a minicart that can only be played on the main game, I think.

Yeah what piqued my interest to look it up was just how tiny that cartridge is. The only thing that really came to my mind as being that small in the NES/Famicom era would be the Aladdin Deck Enhancer accesory, and judging by the Wikipedia picture even those cartridges aren't that small.

-edit: Bandai had it's own Famicom mini cartridge system too, called the Datach. It even has a Barcode Battler built in!

cronox2 fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 3, 2013

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

UP AND ADAM posted:

Got my beautiful sparkly pins today! Thanks Chococat.

Same here. They're an ever better quality than I expected too. Thanks Chococat!

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
http://fangamer.com/blog/2013/01/08/game-center-cx-day/

Fangamer selling GCCX goods (official or not) would just be too perfect.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Random Stranger posted:

Don't forget that there is some unofficial GCCX merchandise available...

No offense intended. I'm just biased because I've bought from Fangamer for years and think they have the most consistently great designs (and artists) out of any of the gamer t-shirt types of online stores.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
XSeed brought over a bunch of games (Half Minute Hero in particular) that I like but they never were really good at marketing. If RGC was published here by Atlus or Aksys I bet there would have been some kind of second push for it by now.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

MUTEkI posted:

The idea of GCCX not managing to surpass the AVGN makes me absurdly sad for some reason.

Eh don't be. Rolfe is probably one of the few YouTube superstars that actually seems to care about the quality of his work instead of just crapping out a new video every week.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Can you do Valkyria Chronicles 3 once you're done?

Joking aside, best of luck, I hope it gets finished!

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I forgot who it was but someone tweeted the original DJ who made the track (Junkie XL) and even he had no idea what it actually was.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Also Antichamber, which came out on Steam today. The best way I can describe it is that Echochrome has the look of Escher, but Antichamber has the feel.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
TVNihon.jpg:

I'm really glad the Atlantis episode was on the DVD just for that one line, because the original TV Nihon version made zero sense.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

jyrque posted:

I seriously remember buying Incredible Crisis on a whim since it was cheap, going home and playing the entire thing in one sitting. Second stage was tricky (i mean seriously who likes mashing buttons) but otherwise it's smooth sailing. Maybe one day I should play it again to make sure my recollection of the past is not just a reimagining written by our robot overlords.

Seriously screw that "there's a hole in your boat" mini game they make you do like 4 times. I loved the game but that was terrible.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

(From Yoshi's Island part 1)

Takahashi waves his card near the reader and it still picks up Rambo's numbers? :psyduck:
I didn't know they had NFC technology back when the Battlers were made.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

With the disheveled hair it's even more similar. I knew he looked like someone when I saw the E3 conference but never made the connection.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
You can't watch the free Hulu option on anything besides a computer either.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
http://tinycartridge.com/post/32676131793/on-retro-game-master-and-getting-mad-for-the-right

Ray's article addressing these kinds of complaints from when the DVD's were coming out should really be added to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Maybe that Monster Rancher game where you'd get new creatures from different CDs?