Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
That Mother 1 cartridge in the Catch a Catch Copy segment is gorgeous. Nintendo should've had the rest of the series use the red plastic too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Ineffiable posted:

Though it's sad, I think usually, companies discard a lot of art after the game is complete. I was severely dissappointed with the amount of Zelda 1/2/LTTP/LA art in Hyrule Historia.

Glad I wasn't the only one. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks individually getting more pages than 1/2/LTTP combined is a travesty.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

xamphear posted:

I'll be there and sporting my GCCX pins, thanks to Chococat.

I'll be there too. Already got the pins lined up on the messenger bag I bring to PAX.

Also, I don't remember it being brought up in this thread but there's a new Umihara Kawase game coming to 3DS.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I didn't go that far but part of my tax return last year went to getting a cart only copy.

Considering how much the market for SNES games has exploded since then I made a pretty good decision. I think I ended up paying $125 for a pretty good condition copy.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Ineffiable posted:

They also lost the entire source code for Panzer Dragoon Saga. It might be easier to reverse engineer from the PS2 PD collection. Earthbound? dead simple, and it's already on the virtual console.

In Japan.

Except there's a ton of (possibly) copyright infringing material in Earthbound that would take a good deal of work to remove so that they Nintendo could avoid getting sued. Kind of fits with GCCX in with the way they use music as well.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Another Eidos late 90's classic. I wonder if they'd include the Suck It Down™ part.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

FreezingInferno posted:

Years later I got a copy of Earthbound that included the guide... with the scratch n sniff cards in the back. THOSE still smell. Hoo boy do they smell.

I remember getting the mystery one right and sending the answer in for the contest. Couple weeks later, this came in the mail (not my picture)

This sold for $349.76 last year on eBay.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

cronox2 posted:

Another Eidos late 90's classic. I wonder if they'd include the Suck It Down™ part.

The best presents are always the unexpected ones. Awesome job guys!

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I've been excited for Gimmick ever since playing it for the Retro Game Masters thread. Unlike Takeshi's Challenge, Arino can die all he wants because the music in Gimmick is amazing.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
The moment in the Gimmick episode where Arino falls on the last level and then catches himself, makes fun of the studio by saying he scared them, and then immediately falling into spikes off a bad jump needs to be a gif. It's on the level of the KACHO NO BONUS moment in Bonk's Adventure.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Everything I Learned is a one note joke and even Arino's one liners are rarely funny on it so I agree with it being the worst.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Random Stranger posted:

Also, anyone recognize what Arino is playing?

And yeah, I've had that problem carrying a 3DS in my pocket too. A nice side bonus of buying games digitally is that doesn't happen now. While were listing 3DS gripes I can't get over how low the sound is even on the XL. You have to wear headphones or be in a silent room to really hear anything out of the terrible speakers on the system.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I thought it was pretty obvious from Kid Icarus and Metroid Prime Hunters that Nintendo doesn't give a poo poo about lefties. Although as one I completely disagree about stylus placement, the right side placement is far less awkward than them being by the cart.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
It's the first XBox challenge since season zero: Metal Wolf Chaos. (Not happening but one can dream.)

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Also stop using emoticons. The only smilies you should ever use are on the one page.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Arino's gonna take up Starcraft and show the Koreans how it's done.

As for an actual anwser it's really hard to think of one. I agree with maybe a board game type, as the only other genre that comes to mind is turn based strategy and that's only if they wouldn't count the Fire Emblem special as being a normal episode.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Grawl posted:

Great, now I really want Arino to play Starcraft. Thanks a lot!

Well, there is an N64 port...it never came out in Japan though.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Its definitely a Brooklyn accent, I found it annoying at first but found it endearing once I got used to it.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

I have a Nexus 4 and 7 how is this possible. :smith:

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Random Stranger posted:

I'm looking forward to videos of Arino's horrible French coming out this weekend.

BONJOUR! CONNAISSEZ-VOUS LE KACHO?
JE SUIS FATIGUČ DE LONG VOYAGE.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

zari-gani posted:

I've designed a shirt for Fangamer

:getin:

Even if it's not GCCX related I'm excited to see it.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Wow that is pretty fantastic. There's some new designs by her on Fangamer too which I'll probably get at pax this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
IIRC the Wii Virtual Console version of Blaster Master has unlimited continues.