Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I was gonna say Mega Man because it's loving Mega Man. But that screenshot of Arino in a train conductor suit, though... that has to have my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I think those drawings are from Arino's own children. Now they're reading a letter from his wife.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

The grossest pizza.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Well if it's just ramen on top a pizza crust it's probably good. It does look horribly off-putting though.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

This level is seriously nerve-wracking. Goddamn.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Vlaphor posted:

Awesome news. I was originally on the fence about whether or not I would buy this ( Bad dubs vs. Wanting to support the show) but now it's a guaranteed buy.

This a million times. I was thinking about buying the DVD when I first read the announcement. Now I'm definitely buying it. Congrats, zari-gani.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Paris-Dakar Rally is a work of art and if this episode had a good Tamage segment it might just have been the quintessential GCCX episode.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

redmercer posted:

Only on the first battle and already Arino is using Jegan :cripes:

Is Caeda the same character as Sheeda from the first Fire Emblem? I only really played the NES ones.

Yes, it's the same character. Caeda is the official NoA translation, Sheeda is the fan translation, NoE calls her Shiida in the European version. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to pronounce the "Cae" in Caeda as you do in Caesar, so it's basically the same name with three different romanizations.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

That racing "coin flinging" game maybe? I remember Arino acing the game multiple times like it ain't no thang and mostly using the proceeds for candy. I think someone even posted a flash version of the game in this very thread.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

A week ago I started rewatching GCCX again from the very beginning, one episode a day in episode order. Looking over my GCCX folder, I'm just so drat impressed on how fast the translation effort has been. Another big thank you to everyone on the team. Any chance you guys release Mendel Palace before I reach #63?

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Be that the case, I apologize for my earlier accusation. But jeez, man. I wish whoever it was would just give it a rest.

Back on topic, has the track list for the GCCX soundtrack been released yet? I might want to get it, but only if there's more than three songs worth getting on there.

Wear your avatar as a badge of pride, reminding you that someone cares enough to spend $40 on trolling you. Also, posts complaining about it are counterproductive, you'll just encourage him or her to continue doing it.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I'm disappointed he didn't choose the SECRET game.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I'm trying to play RGC2 on my old DS and it keeps turning itself off when I play Mutekiken Kung Fu. It will randomly shut down after a few minutes of play (seems to happen during boss battles mostly). I'm assuming it's a crash of some kind. Wiz-Man works fine, haven't tried the other games since I can't reach them. I also tried other DS games and they appear to work fine. Anyone else have this problem? I'd rather not emulate it, must have Arino on the go.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

It's an R4, one of the first versions, using the latest Wood firmware. I'll try out different firmwares and see if it helps. Might also have a spare card around here to test that.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Tried another card I had lying around, same problem. I think either my DS or R4 is faulty. Ah well, at least I can play it on my PC.

Solved my problem. Discovered I could cause my DS to turn off by squeezing it. I took out the battery, cleaned the connectors and reseated it. DS is working like a charm now. I figure the battery was either loose or the connectors were dirty, and Mutekiken Kung Fu was somehow more battery intensive than the rest of the game and thus causing the shutdowns.

Obeast posted:

I hate to de-rail this thread more with flashcard talk, but how easy it is to setup the DSTWO on a 3DS?

You're not missing anything. It's literally drag all the necessary files to the card, pop it in and play.

Ojetor fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jun 4, 2014

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

YISSSSSSSSSS

Mega Man X is my favorite Mega Man game and drat near my favorite SNES game.

Thanks for the release, team!

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Random Stranger posted:

I'm pleased that we've got about half of the clown episodes done (following recent patterns they should be finished in two more episodes).

Awesome. I hope the king can lift the curse. :ohdear:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Kakaricho posted:

And him chasing after men in a dating game was the second episode of the series.
http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Angelique_trois

The Angelique episode was the one I most enjoyed and what first got me hooked with the show back in the TV-Nihon days before SAGCCX. Even with the abysmal translation. It's still one my favorites today.

I'm all for Arino playing some more dating sims.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

It's obviously Earthworm Jim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

I'm always impressed by how much Arino seems to work. There was one GCCX episode where they had to go to a 2nd day of the challenge because he had to leave to do a radio interview or show or something. At 2 AM. :psyduck: