Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I can't wait until he pauses the game to check the manual or something. :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Whichever girl staff member was there kept shrieking toward the end. :v:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That game... :negative:

Arino was so sad by part 2.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Game equals Namco. :smithicide:

That special snack looked amazing and I want one too.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Do we need to mark snack spoilers?

It was a big cheese-filled meatball! Who doesn't like cheeseburgers? I don't know what the bone was made of, but I presume something edible.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Hello best episode ever. :aaa:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
More food talk! :dance:

My sister-in-law sometimes makes turkey patties with pepper jack cheese inside. It's really awesome if it has a good meat to cheese ratio. These are probably even better.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I may have to watch the raws or the anticipation will be too much for me. :negative:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I've played a handful of the games on the show both before and after watching it, but Kirby's Adventure and Mega Man 2 are the only ones I've ever managed to complete. :shobon:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Some of us had a Genesis instead of an SNES when we were kids. :argh:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
My cousins were all spoiled and got every system, but I only got to see them a few times a year. :negative:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Toejam & Earl + Streets of Rage 2 made the whole thing worth it!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I was just looking for a good GCCX picture to use as a phone wallpaper when I came across a thing someone made for it. I think? :aaa:

http://mariahiggy.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/44/

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

jyrque posted:

Edit: Speaking of ringtones, Nakayama's bowing (pon~koron) sound was available in the last thread since it makes such an awesome notification or SMS sound. I reuploaded them since it seems at least the old mp3 link was down.

MP3 version: http://www.mediafire.com/?xm17jh197gh1cjo
M4R version: http://www.mediafire.com/?91bo5hh77h7km1c

I don't know why, my stupid phone cuts the sound off halfway. :argh:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is this an Android Live wallpaper and what do I have to search on the Marketplace to find it!?

I'm not sure if it was made for smartphones or regular cellphones, but just downloading them and sticking them in didn't work. :saddowns:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
"Bamboo spear" and "eat radish" are euphemisms, right? :stare:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

rdbbb posted:

I've been lucky the last couple of shows when I found a livestream, so start getting your hopes up nnnnow, especially because it starts at 6 pm there and goes to 2 AM if I'm reading that right, which is... not convenient for my fellow North Americans (1 AM PT the same day).

Does KeyHole TV get the channel it's on or does it air on some premium channel?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
0.0%. Infinity remaining. :negative:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

For what it's worth, Game Center CX is a really tough show to work on from any way you look at it (this isn't something I like to talk about because you guys don't want to read about the sausage making even if you think that you do).

My curiosity is piqued. :clint:

Does this show get Japanese subtitles like dramas do? Does Arino use a lot of Kansai slang and twenty year-old cultural references?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Crayfish are cool but I hate 'em anyway. When you line a running irrigation ditch in wetlands, you gotta deal with those things brushing up against your legs and poo poo and snipping at you like they're some kind of motherfucking underwater centipede.

My dad sells them to pet stores sometimes and I used to have to catch them in the back yard for transporting. It's awesome how much personality they seem to have. Then one dies and literally ruins the whole pond they were in so the whole thing has to be drained and cleaned. :argh:

Random Stranger posted:

No, not even the DVD's have subtitles.

That sounds rough. :aaa:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Ninja Gaiden and Golden Axe! :haw:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I didn't know anything about people on Kotaku being creepy weirdos or long-winded morons, I just didn't like the trashy tabloid style their "articles" were written in.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Google brought me this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8u4ar_yyyyyyyy-yyyy_fun

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I want to see Arino and an AD team up and play Toejam & Earl.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I was surprised TV Nihon's sub work on this show look so, I guess quick? They're usually obsessive with quality control on their Kamen Rider stuff. More Arino is never bad Arino though.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

rdbbb posted:

Huh? Multiple groups fansub the same anime and dramas all the time.

Drama fansubs are serious business. If you start subbing something another group already called dibs on, they will set fire to your lawn. :argh:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Games that rely on Arino's cunning rather than his reflexes are always the best. :woop:

That place he visited was great.

Arino was pointing and laughing at us! :saddowns:

Bocc Kob fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 19, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Mayor McCheese posted:

Speaking of the segments, I like to think I have a pretty open mind when it comes to the food Arino eats and sometimes even crave it (53 Stations, Cafes, that Ramen Noodle Machine); however, those egg wrapped noodles with a side of red beans to drink for dessert -- no thanks. When he opened the egg: :can:

Have you ever had eggs with worcestershire sauce? They're like made for each other. Apparently yakisoba sauce (the noodles are fried with that to make it brown) is a sweetened variant of that, so it probably tasted awesome. :aaa:

The bean "drink" looked like a variant of the red bean soup you get as dessert in some restaurants.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Aw, they're the best one. :(

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Dominic White posted:

Multiupload covers just about all the major sites.. but I expect the number of file-hosting options available to shrink VERY quickly soon.

Until they're inevitably replaced by several more.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

I forgot to mention this zari-gani but you know that thing at the end of that video that's going to make everyone flip out?

Why would you do this. :mad:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Having Arino's Challenge characters does seem to put this one a step above Mushroom Kingdom Fusion...

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Plus video games are even more expensive in Japan and Arino was probably a struggling comedian at the time. :v:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That doesn't pay well either!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Okay fine, then he was in a punk rock band during high school, then became a cook at a hotel, then in 1990 formed Yoiko with that other guy. He was very busy! :argh:

Edit: Haha, a Yinling reference by Arino in Hanamaru. :psyduck:

Bocc Kob fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 23, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Maybe after the success of the USA debut and Kotaku dropping the license, they decided to let them stay up so people are aware of the show until they can manage proper overseas distribution? :3:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Mayor McCheese posted:

I think one of the reasons people also take advantage of this is due to the subtly that the SA team references itself only once at the end of the episode. Someone explained that this is a sign of a good translation team to be non-intrusive. You should release an episode with a giant loving obnoxious watermark. :v:

I've always wondered about this for fansub stuff. I don't know any details of the legalities involved, but if the lawyers ever got riled up, wouldn't the first place they go after be the people dropping "brought to you by us! Only go to this website if you want to see this show!" splashes all over the place? :v:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Yes, it is a common thing to make Power Ranger gestures when playing video games in Japan. :geno:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Lars Krimi posted:

Watching Arino spam projectiles for an hour straight is tough. Somehow against all odd it's still kind of entertaining though.

It's great because the staff gets mad the longer he succeeds at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Is Arino actually aware of the royalty characters that talk to him at the intro or the whole devil king saga thing?