Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Man, I completely forgot about this! I'm sad I missed it. Catching up on the board posts gives me the feeling I missed amazing moments.

Edit: Oh wait, this is STILL going? Yay! Funny despite not understanding a single word that is being spoken, I can get the general gist of what they're saying.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Are all those fan arts sent by children for his 40th anniversary?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
That was a great episode, but after reading through the thread...

From what we saw from the episode, I had /no/ idea that there were other chapters or stories available in the game before I read the last few pages in this thread. By the end of the episode, I was seriously wondering if people seriously paid full price for a 'game novel' that is that short at the time it came out. It's really a shame that the show didn't go deeper and did not explored the other stories, too. I suppose that it would have taken a lot of time? Really too bad, they sounded interesting. What are they like, alternate-stories that start from the same point and diverge differently than the one we saw? Do anyone have a place where I could learn more about them?

Also, is this one of the most Text-intensive episodes, or there is more wordy ones that haven't been translated yet?

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 15, 2012

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Oh man, so many new episodes in such a short time! You guys are spoiling us rotten.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
As someone that spent most of his years learning English on his own as a native French Speaker, I can attest that English is one hell of a weird language. French's hard -- but at least it's mostly internally consistent, except for a few parts where the people in Paris at the French Academy decides what French is and what French is not for the rest of us. They like to keep random 'G's and 'p's in words that are completely silent for 'legacy value'. Or something or another.

Considering that about a fourth of the words in English ARE from French, it also helped my case a lot. I still have a lot of problem on how sentences work out, sometimes.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for someone that speaks Japanese as a first language to learn English, as it not even remotely related to English to begin with. I know I'd have one heck of a problem to LEARN Japanese to a fluent level.

Speaking of which: I always wondered why I keep seeing French words in Japanese-made things, sometimes to hilarious effect. Is that like German and English, because it sounds absolutely cool to have a word in a different language when you name things?

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Sep 29, 2012

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I meant to preorder the DVD box, but money is rather tight this month, alas.

And the price went up from 40 to 52 in amazon.ca. Sadness.

How much was it for amazon.com?

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 4, 2012

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I'm rather impressed at his attempts at speaking in French at the beginning of his appearance. His pronunciation was pretty decent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I really want this game to get funded. :(

As do I! RCR's been an major pillar of my video gaming when I was a kid. I'm rather eager to see what this will be like if they do fund it! I didn't know zari-gani was part of it, thought! That's a nice surprise.