Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Glad to see Kotak mentioned in the glossary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

TheDingo posted:

I remember that I bought 3 of them when I was a kid (52 games for the price of one? I'd be stupid not to buy it), but each one was defective. I didn't try a 4th time...

Action 52 cost $199 when it was released in 1991 so I highly doubt this. You probably had more generic Chinese multi-carts.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I thought stamps were popular in Japan because they send 100+ new years cards so they just stamp their name or whatever as opposed to signing each one.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If you guys think 53 Stations is hard then you should check out Ikki.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ikki stands out in GCCX history for one reason, it was so hard that not even the ADs could beat it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's finally happened guys. Next week's episode is apparently Battletoads. I really hope you guys choose to sub this when a good version becomes available.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks guys! Poor Gutcruncher. :(

Was there a recap episode of the live Quest of Ki challenge like there was for lemmings? I can't remember.

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 14, 2011

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I spoiler'd it for you. I'm going to go cry into my stuffed Arino doll now.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

PosSibley posted:

I never really played Bonk and the continue screens are ridiculous:

PITHECANTHROPUS
COMPUTERURUS

Not computersaurus or computerus but computeRUrus! They also named the triceratops chess pieces T. Rex? What?

Japan?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I already know what the next release is going to be due to how things are falling into place and I promise you guys it's another often requested episode.

Game Center SEX? Finally.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Arino Interview.

Is this the one with the pony-tailed gentleman?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Isn't it impossible to pass that challenge and you just automatically progress after 30 attempts?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

DaMangoSentinel posted:

It wasn't one done by the SA team, but I just watched the Ultra Seven episode, and I loved it, especially the scene transition with Arino looking super stoic as he zooms towards the screen, flexing. It never failed to make me lose it.

I'm lacking in gif creating talent (and programs), but if some kind soul would like to make that scene transition into a gif that could be used as an avatar on the forums, I would be happy forever. Or at least until the next episode is up.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

leather fedora posted:

I figured I should start watching this show after seeing a few people excited for the Battletoads episode on Twitter, so while looking through the OP I see that YO NOID is on here. Is this is Japanese version which has 100% less Domino's or did they decide to play the US version for novelty? Either way, I REALLY want to see that episode subbed, even if I have to do it myself (the translation, anyway).

It is the Japanese version.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

There are those that thought this day would never come. What have they to say now?

I hope they don't suddenly pick up the series again and start translating episodes that have been done by SA.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What does zarigani mean if anything? The J.J. & Jeff episodes features a comedy duo called America Zarigani and then there is our master translator too.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mayor McCheese posted:

I really do hope TV-Nihon pushes out episode 12 within a reasonable time-frame as that's a personal favorite of mine.

To quote myself from the previous thread:

That episode is right up there for me too. Season 3 was one of the best seasons of the show all told.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The people commenting on that news story are so loving deluded. Someone should really post there and tell them what's up but I suppose if they are reading KOTAK they are beyond help already.

e: Another piece of good news. I found that amazing Brian Ashcraft article where he shared this pearl of wisdom.

"Retro Game Master is a reminder of what Japan can do when it tries." - Brian Ashcraft

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 14, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Wandering Knitter posted:

You'd think of all people they'd be the ones to translate it! :psyduck:

Translate what?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Liku posted:

I've always heard people talk poo poo about Kotaku but never any reasons; is there anything specific that makes them poo poo?

No. It is everything.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/gameblogguu-kotaku-parody.php

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Liku posted:

Yeah, there's some stupid poo poo written on Kotaku (why's it because called Kotak?) but I guess since I don't really read many of the articles and just use it as a general game news site it's decent enough to get me the information with a clean layout.

You are the only person on the internet who thinks that gawker sites are well designed.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Plus you most likely would only be able to use the inferior DVD cuts and would be missing other things like certain music tracks.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

DiscoJ posted:

Yeah, those are surprisingly fun to watch and Angelique Trois gave us one of the series' most memorable lines (to me at least).

Can someone explain what this insult actually means? It's popped up a few times and I'm not 100% sure.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I still cannot believe they haven't done Metal Gear. It seems really weird since they have done plenty of Konami games, Kojima was interviewed for the show, the game has been in the opening credits for years and the it would be perfect for the show.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Corridor posted:

Yeah, Sasano was the main whiteboard guy. :( Still, others have made detailed dioramas and character profile cards so there is that.

One of my all time favourite GCCX moments was the strategy meeting for how to perform the triangle jump during the Super Mario Bros 2 challenge.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If any of you actually care about this then just PM the translator on TVN.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

joek0 posted:

Next Episode
Detective Jinguji Saburo Shinjuku Chuo Park murder
1/26/12

Sweet. I love it when they do mystery games.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

In SA GCCX's 2012 premiere, Arino takes on a game from the strange, sick, and twisted sub-genre: Western Games.

Arino vs Flashback, ladies and gentlemen. A Nagoyan translation and a Gutcruncher (THATS ME!) timing.

http://www.multiupload.com/UQESKBNOCT

And the subs
http://www.multiupload.com/0E6K1ZPKJT

Thanks guys! I've been looking forward to this episode.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Speaking as someone who owns seven Densha de Go games (seriously) I can assure you that it is not an episode on track for release.

I see what you did there. I'm going to guess Paris-Dakar Rally Special and The Night of the Sickle Weasels are both currently in the works.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Got contacted by the producer again; all I can say is I'm looking forward to the upcoming live broadcast very much now.

Have you finally realised your dream of being cast in GameCenter SEX?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If you guys are going to talk about what games Arino has cleared then can you please use spoilers?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

Plus video games are even more expensive in Japan and Arino was probably a struggling comedian at the time. :v:

He was a punk rocker.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Ah that's right. That's why I don't remember any repeats -- they began going in chronological order starting from episode 12, which is the oldest episode I've translated so far. Whoops, upcoming release spoiler.

I can't wait to see Arino try and Beat that game. ;)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Xik posted:

He plays it in the USA Special with that nice arcade owner who speaks Japanese.

He was being sarcastic...

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The torrent is working really well for me and I think you should use it as an option for all future releases if possible.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Okay, it's official. This episode is cursed. Cursed, cursed, cursed.

I just realized that a patch I made last night to fix some broken timing wound up breaking validated lines earlier in the video. Since no one has a copy yet I'm yanking and resetting things. :sigh:

The Bomberman episode is borked?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I've been looking forward to this episode for a long time. Thanks team.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Grawl posted:

I guess I'm missing the humour in asking a random woman for her cup size over the phone other than it being perverted and weird.

That's exactly the point. Perversions are often played up for comedic effect in Japanese comedy.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Oh god. Exactly how badly did they anime the game up for Japan?

Graphics wise it looked identical to the North American version. They didn't give everyone anime eyes and bushy eyebrows unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Or you could... I dunno... just play the XBLA or PSN versions?