Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

joek0 posted:

Episode #135
2/9/2012
Alex Kidd in Miracle World

I just emitted a very excited squeal. This was possibly the first game I ever played and one my all time favourite games. They featured it briefly on an ace hardware segment but I never thought it would get a full challenge.

I really really hope that this gets translated sooner rather than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Obeast posted:

One of the guys over at Retroware TV (which has some pretty good retro gaming web shows) wrote an article about GCCX and even included a link to this thread for people who want to download the translated episodes.

They're obviously big fans of the show and have been for awhile. Just watch the intro to this video.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Thanks for the new episodes team. In what order do you suggest we watch these? Compilation -> Last Continue -> Compilation -> Documentary Special?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Rirse posted:

I thought the Last Continue that Team Nippon did was part of this event?

That was the SA team.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mayor McCheese posted:

I swore I made a few of those in the previous thread, yet waffleimages pretty much ate them ( https://wi.somethingawful.com/af/afad23cc00cd337b782954458aa851607d8ec869.gif ). My external drive crapped out on me a month or two ago taking all my GCCX stuff with it. I haven't had the motivation to grab all the original episodes, subs, and fan stuff again.

I'll always have the Kotak stuff though. :suicide:

Pretty sure I made it. I definitely made the avatar sized one. When I make gifs for people I usually don't keep the original version and the only other version of that gif I have is the same resolution but is 70kb.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

All three of those look good but I'll have to go with Densha de Go! since Tojima just looks adorable in that hat.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Don't let the smile fool you. That's Abe :ssh:

He stole his facial hair!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Rirse posted:

Is it one of the Nintendo Channel exclusive videos?

Do you want the surprise ruined for everyone who reads the thread? Just be patient.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

How about the Comix Zone episode? The middle section of that was a dramatic reading of a Megaman game script right?

That was just the new segment for that season.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

torrents

Do any of the episodes you're reuploading have differences from the original releases? Like fixing spelling errors and such?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does anyone know what music is used for the "Everything I Needed to Know I Learned From Strategy Guides" segment?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this for the English store?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Obeast posted:

Arino's playing Donkey Kong '94 (the Game Boy remake/sequel to the Arcade game) right now. gently caress homework and sleep, they can wait. :)

Edit: The GCCX stuff is over. I still wish that they would do a full episode of DK94 using the Super Gameboy, but that short video was good enough.

I feel like they have wasted some good games on these short challenges (Super Metroid) but I assume it's the only way they will get to challenge Nintendo games these days.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Thanks again team. Just noticed that zari-gani did the artwork for the release too. Is there anything she can't do? :allears:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does anyone have any idea how long the live stream is going to be?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

AlexMoron posted:

Here are the Miis of both Arino and Kibe from when I StreetPassed them at the meetup in LA:

I'm guessing the one on the right is Kibe so what is up with Arino's Mii?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

-A video message from the kid who helped Arino beat Super Mario 2

I really want to see this for some reason. Congratulations on your amazing artwork being featured!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I have a general idea though we spread out through a lot of secondary sources so I can just work out a general range. An episode gets about 100,000 viewers as a lowball estimate.

How many views did a Kotak episode get on average?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Kibe knew. He seems pretty on the ball and technology minded.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Crotch Bat posted:

That was a fun episode. No continues made it very harsh, I think he should have been given 1 from the start and he'd almost certainly have met the other goal they initially set.

Is this a spoiler?

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 26, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Just watched the Go by Train episode and it has to be one of my all time favourites. I especially liked the bento box challenge.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'd buy that poster.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

(click for large)

What was the episode where a fan got Arino to sign the Sakuma Asako cart that he had tracked down and purchased?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Crotch Bat posted:

But it's not remotely mean-spirited, that's what you guys aren't getting. He's not trying to give her an eating disorder, he's a comedian trying to make the quickest, most reliable joke he can given the circumstances, most of which involve a fat person with food always nearby.

If a joke is that obvious and easy then it's probably a joke that shouldn't be made.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Tyma posted:

The only issue I can think of is that the game itself might swap around the X and O / A and B / Whatever they're called buttons on the english release, which made some European music games a little confusing on Japanese controllers.

It shouldn't be a problem as long as those buttons are next to each other on the controller, but if one is at the front panel and one is ontop of a stick of something, that might get weird.

Pretty sure that's a playstation thing only. It's also done at the software level.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I should have refreshed sooner. Can you guys confirm if these DVDs will have episodes in a form very similar to the Japanese releases i.e. challenge segments only?

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 28, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Crotch Bat posted:

Of course all of this is out of my hands and if it all had to end today I'd still be very grateful for the hundreds of hours spent by the team in releasing so much of the show already.

Just as long as they sub Alex Kidd in Miracle World before they stop. :colbert:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Yeah I think I'll post a video for no related reason, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFtkDEAhWC8

I prefer this one myself. :wotwot:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I've had crunkgames bookmarked ever since I first discovered the show many years ago which was probably thanks to a segment you did on the 1up show. It served me well while watching the raws during the months and months it took for TV-Nihon to sub a new episode. Thanks for all the heard work you put into the guide over the years and I hope you do realise how much you have contributed to the spreading the good word of GCCX.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

techknight posted:

Speaking of Game & Watch, does anyone here have one of the colour "panorama" G&W titles?

I have Donkey Kong Jr.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Uznare posted:

If it was up to him entirely we'd probably have episodes dedicated to Art of Fighting, KoF '94, World Heroes, Samurai Shodown, Last Blade and whatnot. This is both good and really bad.

I wish they'd do a Metal Slug challenge. It makes so much sense given its history with the show.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I still want to see him play Ecco the Dolphin. Can't Kibe force the challenge on him? Imagine the photoshopped Arino-head bumper image for that.

You should send them some sort of horrifying Arino-Dolphin hybrid fan art as encouragement.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm going to guess that this is an April Fool's joke perpetrated by people from this very thread.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I can't wait till gamingcx upload it to their youtube channel.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

I didn't want to imagine those two having sex but here we are. Thanks for that.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks for the new episode guys.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm glad I never watched any of the Kotaku episodes. Have any of the distribution channels for the DVDs been confirmed yet?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Dragon Power aka Dragonball.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

"Don't Take Off My School Uniform" by Onyanko Club ("Kitty Club").

Isn't this the song about prostitution or something similarly dodgy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sweet William posted:

Satan.

Watch this.