Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

edit - Arino posted saying "Anyone interested in an old guy's hands, please come by."
Sold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Comrade Fakename posted:

Got to say, I was a little heartbroken when I listened to the most recent Geekbox podcast and heard that our own Ray Barnholdt (rddb), basically the founder of all GCCX interest in the west, has given up on the show.

SCANDAL! BARNHOLT BIDS BYE-BYE TO B'ARINO

not mentioned: I always collect the fansubs, look at this thread, and oh yeah, still like it

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Comrade Fakename posted:

Hey man, I'm just reporting on what you said. It brought a little tear to my manly eye.

just careful where you swing the words "give up!"

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

I just wanted to let you know that I'm watching gccx again and that daddy loves you

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

the people putting up the guerilla justin.tv streams back then were the real heroes

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

I had a kid, he's pretty great.

Congrats! Is this the thread's first baby? Do you know his birthday or are you waiting until he's on GCCX?

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 19, 2017

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Jakespeare posted:

What a delightful lil amuse-bouche.

is this a new pet name for Arino?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

twitch and youtube have only made it more impossible to sell GCCX. you could present someone with a game they know, but they probably already saw it via the latest viral video of a blindfolded speedrun or watched some beardo lazily stream it. I think you'd have to lean on its "japanese-ness" more than ever, which isn't much better!

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 21, 2018

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Konsek posted:

I just got the DVD and it really made me think: I like how now Arino completes games under his own steam now, compared to a lot of the earlier episodes where ADs play half the game for him. Mighty Bomb Jack a huge culprit of this.
MBJ was still a three-parter though...

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Adamant posted:

Next episode will involve "The Master", "meijin"

A certain game franchise is the obvious solution here.

TOOOOO EASY

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Tatsujin posted:

I completely forgot that AaronInJapan translated the second DS game and after talking to him about it in a groupchat hopefully he will rehost the files for it somewhere including an unreleased patch :allears:

Rehost? it's on RHDN.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

I see one DVD episode and nothing else, pretty bare channel, mainly filled with...whatever?
I doubt they have any license agreements.

They have several on YT. But this isn't a new development anyway (I believe they started as a Roku channel and people were finding RGM on there), and they put like, effort into the thumbnails for instance, and with all the other stuff they offer, occam's razor says it's licensed.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

yeah well, you weren't wearing your uniform either... oh right that's the eroge lady

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

He's the last person I'd trust with a six-figure sports car, and yet this happened:

It's like Top Gear for cars

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

earthbound is good as hell but turn based rpgs don't really mix with the video format. i don't know if even arino's kayfabe can carry this one

and for that matter, why the GBA version?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Does Mother 2 on GBA have modified music? I can see the SFC version's music being a thing the crew would have cold feet about

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Phone posted:

The music should be the same between Mother 1+2 and the SFC version, the caveat being that the sound processor on the GBA isn't nearly as nice.

I think all of the changes are bug fixes and safety checking.

well then, :whoptc:

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

PlanetFlavor posted:

In them, Arino plays Arino no Chousenjo 2 and plays some of the third game with another comedian group.

Those are the directors of the 2nd and 3rd games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

Live episode bonanza!

3 - June 21st will be the show's 300th episode, and to mark the occasion, there's a 300 minute (5 hour) live episode being broadcast.
(They were good enough to move it to a Sunday, bless their hearts.)

whee my birthday (well in pacific time it will be)