Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Bocc Kob posted:

Whichever girl staff member was there kept shrieking toward the end. :v:

I think that was just Kibe, who always struck me as a little femmy.

What a merciless game that is/was. There's absolutely no wriggle room when it comes to bonking your head or stepping on those spikes. Also that music, dear god.

Can you not duck in this game unless you collide with something first? If not, strange that Arino didn't use ducking more often, especially in the spike hell level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com
Yeah the all pervasive terribleness of gaming blogs/sites like Kotaku and IGN really make me pine for the glory days of Old Man Murray. If any site could use an OMM style defenestration it's Kotak.

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Lock posted:

Dude, I think you're kinda completely missing the point about what's bothering me here. I read both that and his followup of 'why is everybody getting on my case for generalizing,' something he didn't go back on, but fair enough. I've already contributed far too much to this horrible derail, and I apologize for that.

To try to get a bit more on-topic and waste less typespace, I'm really liking the torrent setup. I always get faster downloads from them than those filehosting sites, and with all their popunders and constant ads they always put me off a bit.

Well Corridor is a woman, so I'd say she's entirely justified to find the behavior a bit more disconcerting than a meatslinger such as you or I.

Back On-Topic. I really could have gone without seeing Arino pantsless...again. Still a couple of really solid episodes back to back. Thanks SA-Team. You're the reason I paid my 10 bucks.

Das_Ubermike fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 31, 2012

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Wandering Knitter posted:

That lamp leads to so many questions. Was it already at the office? Did someone buy it as a joke for that segment? Did someone own one and said "Hey guys, you have GOT to use my lamp for this segment!" Was it Arino?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Arino's. It's a funny lamp, in a tacky sort of way. The sort of thing you'd expect to find tucked away in the corner of your grandfather's basement once you had to help clean it out after he had died.

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Heavy neutrino posted:

Well, I just finished watching Takeshi's Castle and geez, Arino is out of shape. You're not old enough yet to blame your lack of fitness on age, Arino!

I don't know about all that. A lot of the movements he was doing are murder on the quads, and he was at it for almost 5 hours. I hate doing wallsquats for a minute straight, couldn't imagine the equivalent of 2-3 minute stretches of time.

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

StoryTime posted:

Since some people here seem to enjoy Japanese ads, have some GOD HAND:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mp36fk_PhM

It also works as hilarious commentary on women in the Japanese culture and the gamer community, since these seem to be the subjects we are frequently discussing these days.

Just when I thought I couldn't love God Hand anymore. Thank you, kind sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Obeast posted:

Once again, another great episode thanks to SAGCCX. It was another one that I've already seen, but it's nice to have it translated. :)

Also, I asked this a while back (maybe it was in the previous thread) and didn't get an answer, but what is the piano song that plays in the beginning of the segment where Arino and that woman do dramatic readings of scenes from games? I really want to think it's from one of the Final Fantasy games, but I can't put my finger on it.

That screencap is somewhat horrifying. :stare:

He also thought that Simon was the Belmont in Castlevania 3 in one of the segments that showed a few games that came out in a certain year (I have no idea what those segments are called :().

VVV I never noticed that until now... Thanks RS! :doh:

It's Clair De Lune you uncultured swine. But no, for seriously, here's the link. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LXl4y6D-QI