Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlaineBlaine
Sep 13, 2011
Sad to see the old thread go, but I'll follow the new episodes wherever they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlaineBlaine
Sep 13, 2011

DoomSickleII posted:

hhhmmm it might be a china knockoff from the original japanese lamp? China might have different voltage as well. Not 100% definite though. I know for sure Hong Kong has a higher voltage.

As for the voltage thing, ordered a Japanese Wii and it worked fine when it got here in the US I also bought my laptop over to Japan and the plug works there, so not sure.

i've been using Japanese electronics for years with no problems. As far as the lamp is concerned, a lamp really is the most basic possible form of electronics. There's no real circuitry to fry. So long as the switch is rated for more than what you're putting through it you'll be fine.

The same switch could take 1 volt or 1000 volts so long as it's within its tolerances.

I'm not a light bulb expert, but light bulbs are easy going folks. Think about a dimmer switch. You're just cutting or increasing the voltage to the bulb and it gets darker or brighter.

I think most light bulbs will be happy up to 300 volts.

That's it. Switch and bulb.