Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Adamant posted:

Why would you play a licensed game if you weren't already a fan of the franchise and knew how the plot went, though? It's not like they tend to be good.

Most licensed games in the NES era didn't try to stick to the existing plot, whether they were good or bad. also I got into Jojo's way before I ever had a CHANCE of reading or seeing it in English

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
I think Famicom Manga Cafe is one of those segments that's way more interesting to a foreigner. For one thing, it made it pretty clear that no matter how sketchy or improbable your comic is, if you can get it to run, you're good for two years. The main thing that always gets me about Urawaza Secret Trick Jet Stream is that I always want to yell at Tani for smoking over the loving sound equipment

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Andorra posted:

I personally like most of the arcade trips more than I do the challenge segments. But to me the worst segment was the second Ring Ring Tactics; they just didn't really choose the best game for that kind of thing. Plus, because the game wasn't as well known/too difficult, they didn't get a wide variety of callers.

I'm with you, here; I actively skipped the gameplay parts of the Ocarina of Time episode to get to the "filler bits".