Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is a link to the raw for GCCX #177 Dragon Child Fighter for those interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgFItdW5ly8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Champeenship posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j23tGeK3zu0

Famicom Remix 2 Challenge. No kids this time, though :(

Edit: This is also just part one of the challenge.

Thanks for letting us know. I love watching GCCX raw videos as well.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 16, 2014

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKWoiLf3cQ

Can someone tell me what this video is regarding the 3rd GCCX DS game.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is a video for the raw of the Megaman X episode. A better one should be online soon.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzAzNDEzNDQw.html

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Azazell0 posted:

My GCCX craving is getting worse. When does the part 2 of the Mega Man X challenge air?

It starts at midnight JST time zone. That would be 11 AM Eastern Time which is about 2 hours from now.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I can't wait to play an English translated version of RGC2. I played the hell out of my import copy. I even made an FAQ for Wizman and the Daily Challenges on GameFaqs.com . For someone who can't read Japanese, I still really enjoyed the game. Gaudia Quest Saga is fine for non Japanese speakers to play, but the Detective adventure game sucks for the non Japanese. Thankfully, there is a guide on GameFaqs. Too bad I don't have the 3rd game to compare it to.

I'm not very good with roms and emulators. Could I use the translation patch on my import copy so I could play with my save intact? If no, how would I play on my 2DS system?

For those who have played the 2nd DS game, what are your favorite games?

I really enjoy Wizman the most. When you first play it, it seems to be an average PacMan clone. When you beat the game the 1st time, it doesn't seem to have much depth and doesn't feel that replayable. When you play the game more, you learn more of the games mechanics of getting the chests and the magical rods in order to get a higher ranking. Wizman has a lot of depth to its gameplay.

GunDuel is my other favorite game. The gun combos make this game so fun. This game has so much replay value to me. They really made a better shooter compared to the 2 from the first game.

Is the bonus DVD getting a sub? I would love to see Arino challenging the 2nd DS game.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Obeast posted:

Has MMX part 2 been uploaded anywhere (torrent or streaming are both okay) yet? I assume someone somewhere has it up.

A torrent is available.
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=552218

In case people have not noticed, GCCX videos are being removed from Dailymotion as well.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 11, 2014

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

Next challenge is Gunstar Heroes on the Genesis/Mega Drive.

Also, apparently the new director is "someone who's come back".

I was waiting for the show to do this game.

I am so excited for the translation patch for RGC 2. I am playing my import copy to prepare for it. I have beaten all the main games on my import copy already.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I was lucky enough to beta test the patch this weekend. Everything is looking really good and is slated for release very soon. It is well worth the wait. We may also plan on getting the official strategy guide and translate that as well.

I was picked to test it because I have nearly gotten 100% completion of the import copy of the game and he wanted help testing the post game content.

Edit: I just got word from the author of the patch. It should be released by sometime today or tomorrow unless another issue comes up. Fans of Retro Game Challenge will really enjoy the sequel.

Edit: The translation patch is finally out! I want to make sure that it isn't against the rules to post links to the patch. I know that links to roms is a rule breaker though.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 2, 2014

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I am glad to see that everyone is enjoying the game. I had an import copy not long since its Japanese release.

I just bought the official guide for both DS games from Amazon JP. Me and the author of the patch hope to create some guides on the website.

Everyone enjoy this wonderful game!

My Top 3 games from GCCX ANC2:
1. Gun Duel
2. Wizman
3. Demon Returns

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Look what just arrived on my doorstep! It is the official strategy guide for both GCCX games for the DS. Me and Aaron plan to use it to help write up some guides for the patches website. If you want to obtain the guide you can buy it at the link below.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4757748582?ref_=pe_492632_48821362_TE_M3T1_dp_1

joek0 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 5, 2014

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I don't know if it has already been mentioned. What is the next new episode coming this Thursday(#182)?

For those that don't know, we are working on compiling strategy guides for GCCX 2's patch website. We already have the Magical Rod list translated and hope to have a Wizman guide available soon on the website.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

Today (October 23rd) is VE Suda's birthday. He used to have a Twitter account, but it seems he deleted it.

My birthday is on that day as well! That is pretty cool. Hope we both have a great birthday.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Good time for this sports episode to be released. I'll enjoy this tonight even though my Baltimore Raven's lost last weekend.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Question for those who watch the raws.

In season 18, there is a running gag in the tamage where VE Fukawa always tries gets a bite from Arino. Is it just a running gag or is it something else? Wonder why the food isn't given to D Watanabe. Did VE Suda leave the show? I think I heard it on the thread a while back. Did Fukawa take his place?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

Suda's vanished. His Twitter account is gone (Scratch that, his account is still there, I'm just blocked from seeing it, can anyone else confirm? https://twitter.com/gensan1023 Maybe he went private for some reason, he did talk about his kids and family a lot) and he hasn't been on in a while, but nothing has been said about it. The joke about Fukawa and eating is because he's gotten really fat since he got married and had a kid (he's gained over 20kg)

I watched some of the previous s18 tamage segments and saw the joke start with the Super Mario Land episode. Big appetite indeed. I can definitely tell the difference since his previous appearances.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

The next challenge is R-Type.

I love games from IREM!

I love it when they make Arino play shmups!

What is the new segment from the 2nd half of season 18? It seems to be like last season where Arino play and discuss games from MSX.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 15, 2015

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Rochallor posted:

They're still doing the MSX segment, at least in the latest episode.

That is the segment I am referring to. 1st half was the Play Choice 10 segment and the 2nd half is the MSX segment.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Just watched the raw for the R-TYPE episode.

As predicted, Arino had a hard time with the shooter. He still did better than I expected. He got to the stage 6 boss mostly on his own (Yes, he plays part 2 as well on the PC Engine.). The new AD helped him out a lot at the end.

What was Arino wearing around his neck during the challenge?

I liked this episode a lot better than Gradius. Too much reliance on the Konami Code and AD Takahashi doing most of the work mad the episode boring to me.

The R-TYPE are episode is one I would like to be subbed next.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 23, 2015

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

Next challenege is against Wizards and Warriors.

This game series is one of my favorites. I really played a lot #2 Ironsword.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Are the 2 Elrond sequels just as easy as their NA counterparts? The NA versions were tough games I recall.

Edit: Never mind, the 2 sequels never made it to Japan. What is the story with this series in Japan?

joek0 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 7, 2015

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Amazing. I'm definitely gonna watch the raw when it pops up.

Edit: Oh hey, it's already around, cool.

Found the video on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MTtR9pgRw8

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Who is the new AD that appeared in the new Commando episode?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I love it when they get Arino to challenge a shmup. Arino struggles so much playing his weakest genre. Can't wait when Gradius and R-Type are challenged. I would love to see Arino challenge the shmip Life Force in the future.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I'm glad to see more subs from season 15. If I recall, many of the raws for season 15 were terrible and prevented them from being subbed earlier. I hope you found some decent raws for the rest of that season.

Regarding the Super Spy Hunter episode:

I am surprised that they did not give the turbo controller to Arino for this challenge. Would it have helped?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I love this deluge of episodes from season 15. Project CX is one of my favorite segments. The Project CX segment in this episode is a great one as we get to see Abe in this one. Can't wait for the Gradius episode as it has 2 Project CX segments which include the Super Scope.

Question about season 15. What episode preceded the 40th birthday special? I know that Gradius was done after the special.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I figured Arino would fail at Double Dragon. I myself have never beaten any of the NES games as a kid. Those games were tough. Glad he gets to re-challenge it.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Found the clip on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-goBK3CL3DE

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I have been waiting for this episode to be subbed.

Arino visits Disney Japan to play the Fix it Felix arcade cabinet. This made me want to watch the movie again. I really enjoyed the "Wreck it Ralph" movie. Arino eve did a special for the movie with Hamaguchi, his comedy partner from Yoiko. I am going to re-watch that video as well.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

You got a link for that?

I downloaded the Sugar Rush (Japanese title for Wreck It Ralph) Yoiko Special a long while ago before it got removed by YT. Do you want me to upload it somewhere? Just a note that it is not subbed. Still a fun watch if you liked the movie.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

bpc908 posted:

I would kill if someone could sub it, been looking ages for it.
Would people like me to upload the raw for the Yoiko Sugar Rush (Wreck It Ralph) Special?

I myself am looking for the Japanese dub for Wreck It Ralph.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Gradius is one episode I have been wanting to see for a long time.

If you know Arino, you know that he is really bad at shooters. Expect to see the Konami code used a lot in the episode.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Can someone explain the concept of the Game Center DX series. I am glad to see the show doing more things with Hamaguchi.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Can't wait for the Mansion of Hidden Souls episode.

This was the episode intro where they mentioned the US Discotek release of the Retro Game Master DVD.

From the New Year's Special soon after:

joek0 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 28, 2016

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Yay! We get to see some stuff with Hamaguchi!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
What was the difference between the new release and the 30th anniversary Mario Nico Nico challenge released a long while back?

Spoiler about live challenge:
Does anyone remember which episode Arino and one of the ADs drinking the Johnnie Walker that was mentioned in this live episode?

Edit: Never mind! The Johnny Walker appeared in episode 215.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 13, 2017

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

So surreal to be watching a subbed episode of GCCX that I feature in. Thanks so much for this one, guys. :)

That was a great moment indeed!

Now we just need the Seicross episode subbed. I want to see Arino drinking the Johnny Walker at the end!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

Hang on a second - Seicross has an ending?!

From March 2016:

Kakaricho posted:

At the end of the title roll for Seicross, Arino popped up and said "We're drinking tonight!" followed by the King saying "He received a gift", which can only mean Cat Machine's whiskey made it's debut!

When they were explaining why he sent the whiskey, they showed clips of the Super Mario Maker live challenge, playing bagpipe music over it.

He didn't read Cat Machine's message on air, but the lack of a letterhead here tells me he's reading it here.

"Once the challenge is over, let's all have a drink!"

"A toast with the Johnny Walker"

Arino took a small sip and grimaced, but Oosuka just knocked back his like it was no big deal.

Japanese fans were talking about it on Twitter too, my favorite was (since he couldn't beat the game) was "It looks like he's drowning his sorrows"
Also, the King's message at the end was roughly "Couldn't play tonight's game without drinking".

Congratulations on being named on the show twice, Cat Machine!

joek0 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 13, 2017

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I love the New Year Specials they do! I bet you are saving the special where they play Zelda 2 until the regular episode gets subbed first. The Zelda 2 episode is definitely on my most wanted list. What is planned for this New Year's special?

Regarding Pokemon: I love how they ordered the pokemon list in the same order as the pokerap song. I was one of those geeky kids who had the pokerap song memorized perfectly. That was an odd flashback to my youth to see on the show.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

I don't know, but I just noticed it on YouTube if you're interested (and don't mind it being untranslated)!

https://youtu.be/FiTZRJPh9B8

Thanks! I love ringing in the New Year with Arino!