Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
While looking up random Mother stuff on YouTube, I came across a small bit of GCCX I haven't seen yet (presumably translated by Tomato of Mother 3 patch fame, given that he runs EB Central, StarmenNet, and this YT account).

It's a Mother themed Everything I Need To Know And So On segment, but I'm not sure which episode it's from. Either way, it's a tiny bit of GCCX to tide me over until the next great episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Download torrent81 (1 file; 553.52 MB)
View torrent stats

Oh no, no DDL links this time?

Edit:
VVV Ah, just overexcited then! Though I'm curious, is DepositFiles really the best DDL option out there anymore? Man, do I miss MegaUpload and UploadKing.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 23, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Finally uploaded the new episode to depositefiles.
Thanks for the upload, and thanks for the episode, team! I was looking forward to this one after simply seeing the bizarre box art.

techknight posted:

How the hell do so many of you have a 3DS? :psyduck:

I still play games on the Virtual Boy from time to time but the 3DS makes me want to hurl.

There are certain games, like OoT, that are pretty rough or just plain 3D eyesores, but some games, like Star Fox and SML3D, that have FANTASTIC 3D.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
I was kinda bummed the fax my girlfriend sent never appeared.

(her sketchbook work)
Still, we had a blast watching it starting around 11am. Thank goodness for the extensions! After growing hungry, at one point we made a mad drive to a Subway, sped back, all the while jokingly mumbling, "please suck, Arino! please suck, Arino! Please suck, Arino!" just in the hopes of not missing anything good, especially after she missed both the new song and that awesome animation. It was great fun anyway.

Must also get that new song MP3...

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
Yes! I've been so pumped for this since you posted that screen, zari-gani. Every episode could use a little more Abe.

techknight posted:

My faxzero attempts failed, and the only other one I saw was your slime one, zari-gari.

drat. My fault for using a machine that doesn't tell me if it got through. Ours was so rushed and slapped together so late in the broadcast.

Actually, during the tail end of the extension, the director (or switch operator or whoever) messed up and quickly cut to a seated Kibe and someone else in the fax hall. It looked like some disturbed patient's cell in an asylum. Faxes as far as you could see, and a little fetal positioned Kibe... Or maybe I'm misremembering. I was tired, too.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Even after receiving a 4-hour extension, I couldn't clear it. My 40-year old brain has failed me.
Braaains( ゚◇゚)=●ノ´д`)ノ Eeek!!!

Man, Arino is more emoticon crazy than a 12-year-old. Still, this one was pretty great.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Kiranamos posted:

^^^ The short challenges are mostly kind of awkward and not representative of the real show. Maybe Astro Robo SASA or DoorDoor would be good but otherwise I wouldn't recommend them. e; StarForce might also be good.

I would actually highly recommend Takeshi's Challenge, Three Challenges, or even the SMB2 episodes. They have varied action, great moments, and top-form Arino. Perhaps also Star Force just because Takahashi Meijin is still so very cool.

As for FULL episodes, I've had success in converting two people using the TokiMemo episode, despite the lack of Tamege or other silly segment.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

geri_khan posted:

Since Random Stranger just reposted the USA trip, was anyone else really disappointed that the Doom cartridge in the game shop didn't work? I'd have liked to see Arino's reaction to that.

If it wasn't so short, I'd LOVE to see that as a challenge. But what version would they play if not the PC? The SNES version is probably the best all around, but the graphics are pretty rough. The 32x plays better, but the music is infamously bad. The 3DO has the best music, but runs poorly even if you make the window tiny. And the Jaguar... let's not even think about the day Arino starts playing that. Especially the Suda-proof Jaguar CD!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Vlaphor posted:

There is one connection (though slight) between GTA and Gamecenter CX. The creator of the Grand Theft Auto franchise was also the creator of Lemmings. A neat little bit of trivia.

That sounds like the perfect InokoMAX Fact.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

I'm badical.

This is great news! I'm so glad I finally can put money toward the show. All I've got otherwise are the two games and Reizouko, and the latter just goes toward Arino.

But one question: For an episode like Clock Tower and Septentrion, how does subtitling those work out on DVD? Do DVDs or their players have the same sort of flexible subtitling that we can do with SRT and the video files? Would a really complex episode with text everywhere like Go By Train or TokiMemo (ignoring licensing issues) even be feasible?

Forgive me for my ignorance on DVDs. I'm also one of the people who doesn't know how to play foreign DVDs, hence not buying the Japanese DVDs.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Okay, this is something from the meeting I can talk about...

Ah, interesting. Here's hoping they at least have the game text for CT and SOS overlaid for clarity, given the humour based around it.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

After discovering the Freshverse stream during the Pilotwings live challenge, I haven't been able to watch the last couple days because I keep getting a "Stream not found: live.flv" error message. Is this a problem on my end or are other people getting it too?

You aren't the only one.

Edit: Huzzah! Mega Man time! And someone already posted some Hyadain, so I don't have to further the unrelated video barrage.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 8, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

shrgnatlas posted:

I expect Arino to have a great Dennis Hopper impression. (I feel no shame in loving this movie)

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Davzz posted:

Can someone tell me why Bomberman and the enemies in Lode Runner use the same sprite? Was Hudson Soft like a really low budget company back in the past or something?

Well, you see, at the end of Bomberman, said man "becomes Runner," and then the enemies are him and--yeah, it's just reused sprites. The story made no sense to me anyway, as Lode Runner predates Bomberman by quite a bit. Reusing sprites and sounds was extremely common back then, but it wasn't always so blatantly obvious. Sometimes it was more so.
Edit:

Dizzybone posted:

I think it's because Hudson incorporated Lode Runner into the Bomberman storyline. At the end of Bomberman he becomes "Runner", and I assumed the Bomberman enemies were other robots sent to get him back/take him out for escaping his life of robot servitude.

Ah, that was it! From Wiki: "The NES and Game Boy versions begin with "Bomberman" (the eponymous character of the game) growing bored of making bombs in an underground factory of the Bungeling Empire. After hearing a rumor that robots reaching the surface become human, he decides to escape. When he does, he transforms and becomes known as the "Runner." [here comes the best part] This storyline was discontinued (outside of possibly Act Zero)."

That makes it have a cool "run from the dystopia" sounding plot.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 14, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Arino should really play Metal Wolf Chaos. Its the best US President Simulator of all time.

If Arino plays ANY modern game, it has to be this one. I have this image of Arino shouting out every line the president says. RIIIIIIIIIIIICHAAAAAARD! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Stoat posted:

Um, these rumours that Arino's been hospitalized aren't real, are they? :(

What? Where are these rumours from?

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
I can't believe I'm actually disappointed the Sugoi Squad DDL link is switched to private. I love a good bad sub. MAJIDE, BAKA Wupload-tan!?。

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Depositfiles has stopped responding during my upload six times at this point so a direct download option is going to follow eventually but now I had to either get this going or put off the release another day.

If I may ask, why do you use Depositfiles? Unlike minus.com or UploadKing and the like, it's got a painfully slow download speed. Maybe it's just me, but I never get more than 50 or so KB/s.

Either way, another new episode! Thanks, Team!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I actually tried out a bunch of different file upload services when I did the April Fool's joke and I ran into issues with most of them.

Ah, okay. Even if Depositfiles is slow as sin, I really appreciate the DDL site uploads, as I am unable to use torrents at this residence, so thank you.

Hirayuki posted:

I took my SNES out of storage today so my 5-year-old (and fellow Arino fan) could get a taste of the retro life. After I explained to him what a cartridge was (God, I'm old), he was pretty excited to see the whole setup and went on at some length about wanting to slide the power switch with a proper "Kacho ON!" I ejected the cart that was in the console and handed it to him; he immediately blew into it.

Later when he was tearing his hair out over SMB, he commented, "I wish we had some cooling sheets."

So keep up the good work, SAGCCX team! You'll help me make a proper geek out of my boy yet. :3:

Oh god, I'm so glad I've kept my old consoles around. I can't wait for the day I give a child their first Virtual Boy headache!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

It's 'zako', not 'zaku'. Zakus are the guys from Gundam. Come on, if you're gonna make a joke about it then at least get it right.

Wait, so they are no Zaku, boy? No Zaku?

Side note: having abstained from the apparent despoiling of the Kotak funded translations, I have no idea what translation issue you guys are in confusion over. Are they really that bad?

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Kleevah posted:

Came across this kind of randomly, but I thought some of you might enjoy it. It's a subbed episode of AMETALK about gundam featuring Arino and some other japanese comedians.

http://jburogu-godzillaradio.blogspot.com/2011/11/video-subbing-ametalk-gundam-comedians.html

Better late than never, but thanks for the link. I loved seeing 5 nerds go nuts over something while one man is utterly lost. That, and there were some great moments with Arino and the others. "Lalah!?" "Is that you, Captain!?" "I'm Arino." I lost it a couple times in that second half.

And thanks, Team, for the new episode!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

And this: Probably not very work safe.

BACK on topic, really excited for the upcoming Ghouls/Ghosts episodes. I fell in love with that series in the last few years, and the Ghosts 'n Goblins episode was one of my favourites from the early season.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

Sweet screaming gently caress. Why is this poo poo what people talk about and not real Japanese bands like Boris or Polysics or YMO or Boredoms or Potshot etc etc etc

Because YMO are just too awesome to even consider. And hey, Male AD Takahashi likes em, so they can't be THAT bad. Just think of them like a high pitched, less melodic Polyphonic Spree! Or maybe I'm being biased for the sake of the ADs. Every bit I see of M-T is better and better. (like my opinion on all the ADs)

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

The only way to kill Abe is to take his head.

Is it!?

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Vertigus posted:

I was going through some of my pictures and found this screencap I took of a game show that Arino appeared on:

SAN!
I think it's actually from this video, which shows that one comedian's counting game. I think Zari-Gani linked this before the Samurai Zombie Nation episode, because Arino references it when the level numbers are displayed. Yon ju, EYYYYY!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

taopriest posted:

Created the "53 stations of the tokaido" Karaoke for z0r :-D
http://z0r.de/4136

This reminds me, is there anywhere you can find the complete 53 Stations lyrics besides the manual? Are there even any more?

Edit:

zari-gani posted:

Where 53 Stations is discussed, I appear!

Thank you so much! Like Quest of Ki, Spelunker, and Last Continue, it's a huge earworm, but singing the "10 miles, 8 miles" part only kinda sucked. Now on to learning 53 Stations, Last continue, and Kachou Fighter.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 18, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

What're everyone's votes for the best episodes for getting people hooked?

TokiMemo, Super Mario Bros 2: Lost Levels... Shadow Lands? It'll give them a good sampling of Arino, and from there you can see what they get into. If they like the ADs, go for the Inoko Trilogy or Adventure Island. If they like the Tama-ge, show them Northern Trip. If they want more of the game challenge, show them Punch Out, Out Of This World, or ActRaiser.

Edit: I'll make note, I got into it via MegaMan 3 and TokiMemo, my girlfriend got into it via TokiMemo and Shadow Lands, and my friend got into it via the USA Special.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 20, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

joek0 posted:

Arino's partner in Yoiko is Hamaguchi Masaru. Looks like they are playing guess the mysterious food. Since it is shown early in the morning, it may not be live and is old footage.

And now they're... designing Kinnikuman characters?

Edit: Now Hamaguchi is... sitting on balloons wrapped in underwear, then putting that underwear on as Arino times him. What. This all reminds me of something...

There was me, that is Hamaguchi, and my boke, that is Arino. We were dressed in the heighth of fashion, and we sat in the studio trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. Then, balloons.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 26, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

joek0 posted:

More Kinnikuman stuff.
Well, I guess I might as well show the two best parts...

Two friends play Strip Janken in their best outfits. They eventually got naked except for what I think were well positioned wall clocks(?). Then Arino lost again and dipped her crotch below the clock in her best crab pose. Sorry guys, I didn't catch that for ya.

Two friends out to lunch! Luckily the woman at the counter wasn't too scared of these two tough guys.

That's it for Arino related stuff on the stream, though. Yoiko, I love you.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

original line: やってたなー。鈴木んちでやってたのかなー。
TV-Nihon: "Just according to itadakimasu."
Kotaku: "Are you aware of the frequent occurrences of the mass naked child events within the country?"
mine: "I've played this before. Was it at Suzuki's place?"

What the... did the translator Kotaku hired recently learn English or something? Yikes. And that first Nihon line was... an odd one. Still, gotta give them a hand for translating some of my favorite episodes. Especially the North Trip.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
I'd say the only episodes I got bored with were Kid Icarus (though I adore the game), Goemon (ditto; shame on me), and Genpei Tōma Den. I feel kinda bad because Team SA provides me with so many great episodes, BUT most of my favorites were translated by other teams. TokiMemo, Takeshi's Challenge, PuchOut...

Of course, SA provides the trivia and fighting games and everything else awesome, so you gotta love 'em.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
That, and it's gonna be on the DVD.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
A second one up before the first one finishes downloading. You guys are awesome.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Joctan posted:

Gacha-Gacha made it to the final product!

Aha! I knew I saw that face somewhere Arino related!

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
A lot of it is just going to come down to personal taste, too. I (usually) prefer the Western names and characters, but I greatly prefer Kachou to "chief." Some are gonna want that Criterion Collection Throne of Blood ultra-Japanese culture nerd flavored style, and some are just gonna want references to Casper in the localization. You can't please everyone, but I think the only thing most of us can agree upon is that the SA Team is doing a pretty great job regardless. That, and everybody loves Pooh-san.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Cemetry Gator posted:

Also, what does the CX stand for?

Fuji TV. CX stands for JOCX-DTV, Fuji TV's callsign. It sounds cool, but it's odd. It reminds me of the naming convention for N64 games.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Finally, is it too late to suggest changing the name of the DVD release to "Iron Gamer"?

If we got dubbing half as amusingly eloquent as Itoi or other Japanese celebrities on Iron Chef, I'd watch the hell out of the dub. It could work.

Arino: I think the endorsement of Kato-chan and Ken-chan is a tool in this game to encourage sales of the game. I feel very much like a chosen person, being able to play this game. A very profound humour mixed with... how should I say this? I think the controller is feeling happy. [laughs]
Kan: [fake old man voice] Arino-san, it's that time. InokoMAX will finish for you.
Inoue: Sank you very mach, sair.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

I really can't wait for this. After being fully introduced to the greatness of Downtown (and Gaki no Tsukai) via the Shibata Bread subs and seeing Arino dressed as Char on AmeTalk, I couldn't be more ready.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Prefacing broadcast it is! Or, you know, whatever floats your boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Quiet! I'm trying to think of the punniest venetian blind company name possible.

Blind Jalousie. Shutter to Think. A Shady Friend For Toujima Days.

Need any more?