Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
YES. Finally registered to honor this event of Kotak's rights expiring, I hope Ninja Gaiden gets subbed soon. Didn't someone already translate the first 15mins of it in the old thread or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Shlapintogan posted:

I haven't bothered to check GamingCX to see if they at least credit the SAGCCX team for the translations on the episodes they put up, but I get this sinking feeling they don't.
I did bother, and they don't mention SAGCCX anywhere, if you click the video to open in youtube, it has text like:
code:
Check out http://www.gamingcx.com

GameCenter CX Subs by zari-gani, Nagoyan, ShinYaguchi, Random Stranger, miscellaneous14 & Gutcruncher and Clover FansubsCheck out http://www.gamingcx.com
And that's the only credit they give. Directly on the website where the video is embedded they just give a quick intro to GCCX and to the episode.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
I think the large amount of text on japanese shows is because they want to teach kanjies in television to those who would rather watch TV than read a book.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the new episode!

Anyone else bothered how the file naming seems to change on every upload? Especially the leading zero on episode number.

I think you should unify this a bit, and always include the leading zero (if the file is under #100) and then I would add the [Team SA] and maybe even the CRC checksum, to check for corruption (e.g. in Flashback, the whole filename would be like; Game Center CX 056 - Flashback [Team SA][2F7E8FAF].avi).

Anyways, this is just a very tiny complaint, and I can always rename the files for myself.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Now that multiupload is down for now, you could use Mirrorcreator (http://www.mirrorcreator.com/) for episodes that are under 500MiBs.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Duckula posted:

A mirror would be very much appreciated. I can't even get the download to start.

Uploaded the file into the Mirrorcreator, which seems to be currently upping it to other sites; http://mir.cr/Y0QM7EOJ

Btw, I thought it was pretty awkward for the guy in Osaka to have a pink DS and win the RPS :gay:

makere
Jan 14, 2012

zari-gani posted:

Arino's a fan of the Resident Evil series. I wouldn't mind seeing him play RE2, or some RE5 co-op between him and a former AD.

I have a feeling that Arino played Resident Evil at some special (that I stumbled on youtube half a year ago). But I probably misremember it.

EDIT: Yeah misremembered it, he was just talking about the games and playing small parts of them to show off; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAAV6Z56JKI

makere fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 24, 2012

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Takeshi's Castle! Translated by Zari-gani and timed by Gutcruncher

http://depositfiles.com/files/1y3uzquq1
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=281819
Thanks! Although Nyaa seems to be down atm, so could you/someone mirror the torrent file to somewhere (mediafire)?

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Well that sucks. Here ya go http://depositfiles.com/files/qmp81kfib

Thank you!

Bocc Kob posted:

I think Mediafire has file size limits, doesn't it?

Yes it has its limits, but wanted only the torrent-file, which is only few kilobytes.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

As the seeder I can see 38 people out there off of me so I know that it's working but it is going to be slow going until there's a few more full seeds out there.

It's pretty speedy for first 200megs atm, then started to crawl, but yea it will speed up.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No clue, I have no tracker info, no peer listing. It's like the torrent doesn't exist. Even if slow I should be getting bits and pieces from other people.

What client are you using? Are you behind a firewall? Do you have proper ports open? Should work over DHT even if you can't connect the tracker for any reason.

Shingen posted:

Are you impatient like me?

Does your torrent client supports Magnet links?

Here's a magnet link to the Kid Dracula episode.

SA forums seems to rape magnet links, so tried fixing it;
code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2956C24AFDB7D8C854CC3044DD42F1FA267F8825&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20062%20-%20Kid%20Dracula&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

makere
Jan 14, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

uTorrent 3.0 Build 26473
uPnP is on letting me through my home LAN, I use this client for other torrents.
DHT is not turned on as it screws up things for me on private trackers.

Can you see the torrent having the tracker at all? Try adding the tracker manually udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80, or maybe opening that magnet link I fixed. Private torrents should have a flag that disables DHT per torrent, so enabling DHT should be safe.

You could always just install another client to download the file using DHT, if everything else fails.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
I'm just gonna say that the episode is amazing. Thanks to everyone who worked on it.

When I first watched the 24hrs raw, I thought Arino was going to sleep when he went to the radioshow, I should've never doubted him.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the compilation! Nearly complained how they cut out all the extras off from the documentary, but this made my day.

BTW, what's VTR short for? Video Tape Recording?

makere
Jan 14, 2012
How about creating batch torrents on seasons, and then just update that season which gets a new episode? And to bit speed up the torrent updating on people, always release the new episode as a part of the updated season. Specials could be released as single files or single torrent. This would fit to my folder sorting the best.

If the series were subbed following chronological order, you could do torrents like for 1-50, 51-100 etc...

Also I think if you want to include the subtitle files, put them into seperate folder from the videos.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

ARINO NEEDS YOU!

makere
Jan 14, 2012
That pizza looks horrible, but I'd eat it anyways so that Abe-sama wouldn't get mad at me.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
LASTO CHANSU

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Jimmy Colorado posted:

could Grand Theft Auto: Vice City be completed in one sitting? I don't think it could, but considering Arino's age, maybe he'd get a kick out of the soundtrack and the mid-80's setting. And the hookers.
I think the Yakuza series would fit better for Arino, being japanese underworld instead of American. But then again, those are one of the games that will never be played on the show, the only remote chance of getting to see an "episode" with them would probably be the game publisher paying Arino to play them.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
SAGCCX should do "Specials Compilation" from the episodes that are going to get released in DVD, wtih the TamaGe's and other sections cut into one or two episodes.

Then time it with the release of the DVD, and everything is golden :dance:

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I forgot Inoko MAX got to wear a cooling pad once. I don't think any of the other AD's had that privilege.

Everyone had cooling pad on at the end of 24h live.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Double Happiness posted:

Really like this show, but does anyone else get annoyed by the overly-cutesy female voice repeating everything that happens on screen? I've seen this a lot in Japanese shows, it's like they think the viewer can't see or something.

Just watching one of the arcade visits he does, one of the machines was broken, and then he goes bowling.

Arino: Oh no! the machine doesn't work!
Voice: Arino is shocked to discover that unfortunately the machine has broken!

*Arino bowls a strike*
Voice: The Chief bowls a strike!

just really irks me.

I have no problems with this, actually hadn't really paid attention to it before you mentioned it. Anyways, instead of this, complain about American documentaries repeating everything that happened last 5 minutes, every 5 minutes.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Edison Carter posted:

Or did the show really get saved/picked-up over and over again out of nowhere early on?

This. Well mostly they had no clue whether the show will continue or not at couple seasons end.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
I had the worst dream ever, Arino was announcing that he retires :saddowns:

Anyways, why I've got this feeling that the reason why we haven't seen any new translated eps for a while, is because of the Sugoi Squad...

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Dynamaite: The Las Vegas for SNES would be my guess, looks like an another "wtf japan" type of game...

makere
Jan 14, 2012

joek0 posted:

I hope to see that and the season 15 quiz episode subbed soon. Watched the raw for yu yu's and it looked fun as the whole staff got involved. Need to watch the s15 quiz show raw later.

I really enjoyed the season 15 quiz one (ep 125), it has been on top of my list of "episodes I want to see subtitled" ever since it aired. The theme in the game is just so obscure, like you wouldn't think that there could be a quiz game with a theme of raising up your daughter.

makere fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 24, 2012

makere
Jan 14, 2012

makere fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 26, 2012

makere
Jan 14, 2012
This is getting a bit off topic, but I just tuned into freshverse to see this:

There's also an announcer that tells the progress of the train, I can finally see why they have all the train games, if the tv shows are like this...

And yes, the driver makes those hand signs; "front/back clear" :suicide:

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Snot Man posted:

That's great. But what does it mean?

Google translate says something about Nina giving the GCCX illustrations to him, I guess HQ digital copy of the USA pic and then some other unseen stuff?

Edit: Close enough.

makere fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 24, 2012

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Thanks for the episode :)

makere
Jan 14, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Any special recommendations or is this all maybe just a couple of years too retro for me?

I personally like games that I haven't seen before, that are just humorously japanese and drat hard.

Try Adventure Island or other platforming games if you enjoyed Sonic.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the SF2010 ep.

I TOTALLY guessed that he's going to wonder about where is Dhalsim

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Here's the comix http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/AJ0DBV6X/GCCXcomix.zip_links

makere
Jan 14, 2012
I love how GCCX is embracing it's fanbase, and fans generally, that NicoNico player and getting art done by zari-gani plus other stuff.

I feel like if the show was made in America, this thread would've been pulled down by DMCA already and everybody who helped to spread the show, would've been sued for millions and also fans would be considered as a nuisance, instead of an asset.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Wendell posted:

Well, yes, if the show was made in America there would be no reason to be subbing it and providing torrent links. Of course it would be.

Even if people were subbing it to non-english languages? (for example Japanese?)

There would still be reasons for a subbing project, even though you probably wouldn't need it to be subbed.

I just feel that Americans are more hostile with copyright laws, as in japanese seem to be pretty neutral/silent about fansubbing projects.

makere fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 3, 2012

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

We just had a quiz episode (and I didn't think it was great), so I think they should be spaced out a bit more, but I'm probably in the minority here.

I think My Angel Quiz is the most interesting quiz episode of them all, and one of my favourite ones aswell, and if I understood correctly, there will be one or two episode till the My Angel Quiz anyways.

Also you can read this message as in YES, this should've been subbed a month ago!

makere
Jan 14, 2012
I've NEVER heard Abe talk so much.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Arino is now a meme. (link might contain spoilers)

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/142855882

Edit: vvv And where was the linkage? I find those pictures meme worthy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

I wasn't really looking forward to watching Pilotwings as I stayed up and watched most of that live version from awhile back, but wow, did he somehow get a different set of stages or something? I totally don't remember seeing the snow stage during the live at all, and I remember hours and hours on some nighttime military stage...maybe I just can't remember it because of the duration of the same stuff while I was half asleep.

He played the expert levels on the live challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012
This is just a small suggestion, and I mostly just want to show off my folders, but how about adding an episode numbering to the end of folders on torrents that have folders?