Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

What a blast from the past with Toujima, Nakayama and D Fujimoto laughing in the background.

Thanks for the translation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Yes. However, there's an actual new release too! Looks like they just forgot to link that one as well...

https://nyaa.si/view/1508914

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I want that

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

While we are talking about DVD's, does anyone have any insight on whether the GCCX style of DVD boxes is the standard practice in Japan or something they like to do? I mean a season box where there's only a handful ("selection") of episodes, not a full season - since it can't be a matter of space on the disk. Is it because of licensing, or something else?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

A new group released a new sub recently:

https://nyaa.si/view/1554741
https://mega.nz/file/fZgGjTZK#4LtT_AF4IA0_VYUB-2rdUjT0S2xNVhiIFQPoQrFX868

#329, Super Monkey Ball

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

TMNT 1 (Geki kami ninja den) would probably be the most interesting since it's got a bit more than just side-scrolling beat'em up (done well, mind you). Still thinking can it be some kind of swerve because Turtles are so obvious.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

joem83 posted:

I watched some of it last night. It's kinda rough, but I would rather watch that than an untranslated episode. Just having a general idea of what they're talking about makes the experience much more enjoyable for me.

I dunno. It seems to be a lot like TV Nihon where it gives a "translation" but it only makes things more confusing sometimes.

I've watched plenty of the unsubbed episodes and generally have been able to parse what's going on with my limited japanese, since the show is very visual in nature.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

These shows are once every five years, and despite going to the 15th anniversary at Messe with sky-high expectations after the 10th anniversary in Budokan, I was still blown away.

The Makuhari Messe 15th anniversary special still hasn't been subbed and I've been holding out for it, but since it looks like it's never gonna happen, I probably should just take a look at the raw version, if it's still available.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

zari-gani posted:

Funny thing, I watched the subbed Mega Man 2 ep afterward (been showing my husband episodes relevant to the Saitama show), which is a TV Nihon release -- it was a breath of fresh air. Sure, they make some mistakes and I don't agree with some of their choices, but I'd 1000% take them over AI. Japanese is too context heavy and you need a human being to interpret.

Oh man, I love those early episodes, TV Nihon or not. They have the charm of everyone not quite knowing what to do and a very "home made" feel. Including the aforementioned episode where Arino calls in the middle to cancel his hair appointment when he - despite expectations - did actually not clear Mega Man 2 in time for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Once again a big SPOILER warning because the episode has a list of which games Arino has beaten on this season, and if you're like me and rather didn't find out, it's around 1:30 and 1:40 is safe.

Thanks for the translation though.