Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I wonder if there's any chance of seeing Arino challenge the original Karateka?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

That's a pity. I was hoping someone in Mechner's camp might have reached out in order to cross-promote the new Karateka. I'd have enjoyed seeing Arino die within 5 seconds by walking backwards off the first stage.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I know that feelin'. Deep in the desert after T-N stopped releasing subbed episodes, I went to an Asian grocery and bought 4 or 5 different types of dried squid.

And I'm a vegetarian.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I note that Watanabe's cake doesn't feature googly-eyed strawberries. What a travesty.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I also enjoyed it! But then I was distracted by turning and signaling to the right.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I just don't want to grant any of Inoue's dreams.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

It's funny as hell no matter what he is going for here.

He seems to have received a string of tweets about foreign lands, retweeting them with "Oh! Italy!," "Oh! America!" and "Oh! Germany" (if no-one mentions Canada, a joke will have been missed):

おお!ドイツ!ゲームにはウインナーが付き物で、コントローラベタベタでしょうね。。“@radiodevt: @arimorokoshi415 kachooo! とも! ドイツ人です! Wii U が好きですか? Miiverseの名前は何ですか?”
おお!アメリカ!ハンバーガーにはフライドポテトなんでしょうね。“@subbes: @arimorokoshi415 America loves the kacho! http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me75zsTODc1r2pz7go1_250.gif …”
おお!イタリア!女性にはやっぱり優しいんでしょうね。“@seekerofthevoid: @arimorokoshi415 課長!私はイタリア人のファンです!課長の挑戦いつも見てます!おかげさまで色々な古いファミコンゲームを発見しました!課長ON!!!”

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

zari-gani posted:

Arino: "Oh! Italy! I bet you're kind to women."

And Arino delivers an :iceburn:.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I wish there were a way to get bottles of that GCCX wine in the States.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

There's a fan translation project, but last I heard it was stalled.

(That translation project is to me what the translation of Mother 3 was to my husband, i.e. an impossible thing one can dare not hope will ever be finished.)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Chococat posted:

Not super long, depends on the day since they're calling for rain. I would recommend you send me what you want in pins right now since I don't mind handling a second email later if there's more swag. :)

You are a prince amongst goons.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

So many things... so few ideas of what they are...

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I'm just dense, I guess. Thanks, y'all. :)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Ah, y'all are good to us.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

What, no Tamage of going to see Harry Potter after lunch?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Arino so pretty :3:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

zrrgin posted:

He may be shocked on how big he's getting.

It was that lipstick in the HD episode. So ~kawaii~.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Mister Crane posted:

If the dvds weren't literally Kotaku's Retro Game Master maybe I'd care

They're not! So start caring. :3:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Mister Crane posted:

It is literally the Kotaku dvds.

How many ways can we say that they're not? What do you need to finally believe us? Is it the word of Zari-gani? Or is it an hilarious custom title?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Stop posting.

Oh, yeah, also this.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

Because it destracts me from the fact that reaching the one hour mark means I'm half finished, here's a picture of the Vampire who's a Prosecutor who Prosecutes Vampires:

Oh! Hey!

The first ep of Vampire Prosecutor includes a hilarious scene where instead of filming a fight in slo-mo, they had Vampire Prosecutor just hit a dude in the face very slowly.

Just mashing that fist all in there.

ETA: oh god the ep ends with a club scene where, bless them, they picked some "club sounding" music but they English lyrics are someone talking about Call of Duty and being "a loving camper." :3:

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 12, 2013

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

GANDHITRON posted:

So, what time are we all going to go on Twitter to simultaneously wish Arino a happy birthday tomorrow?

Is his birthday the 24th, or the 25th? If it's the 24th, we better do it in the next 11 hours.

The Kacho's birthday is 2/25. How about noon Tokyo time? Noon 2/25 in Tokyo would be 7PM PST/10PM EST on Sunday 2/24.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Authentic? You think we care about authentic? We ain't GCCX hipsters, dogg.

(I kid. Whenever you want is fine.)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

zari-gani posted:

I haven't seen Abe's first comic but the second one is just making fun of Arino. And there is hoyay between Urakawa & Sasano and Toujima & Tanii. Also there are bikes.

...go on...

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

bpc908 posted:

kusashisuika

gesundheit

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I hate to be That Girl, or stir up an argument, but... do y'all need any extra proof-readers? Is that the sort of thing non-Japanese speaking goons can help with? Genuine question, because I bet there are lots of us who would love to help somehow and goons are just the type of anal-retentive spergs who can sniff out a typo at 50 paces.

I know Random Stranger said "I kick myself when I see [typos] afterward" and I don't like the thought of RS self-injuring.

(E: I mention this because the River King giveaway included "the Chief's singed business card." I got a mental image, which I liked, of Arino on a desert island trying to start a fire with his business cards, frustrated because they just turn brown around the edges.)

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 22, 2013

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Can't say I'm American but I would wager that the most well-known Japanese person in all the western world would be be Yoko Ono.

(OBLIGATORY GODZILLA MENTION.)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Holy crap that was great.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I like to watch the king's message.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Those of you who don't watch until the King's message are missing out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

The King is an OUYA fan. Typical.

In fact it's a clever slam on the OUYA highlighting that you can't use two of the buttons because of the shoddy way the aluminium faceplate doesn't line up.

Also as you read it, your OUYA silently performs a $5 IAP for each letter of the King's message.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

AzraelDarkheart posted:

And wtf is with this new avatar and text I have, and how the hell do I turn it off?

Teeheeheeheehee!
Your fresh young naiveté warms the cockles of my cold, shriveled chicken heart.

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 10, 2013

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

HoneyBoy posted:

That troll message made me curious about something, has there been an instance on the show where Arino was genuinely angry about something? ... Maybe he's just too amiable to approach anywhere near "rage" as you so often see on the internet? Maybe he's just too old (maturity is questionable) for that poo poo? I wonder what kind of game it would take to bring out something like that in him?

I recall that for one episode they gave Arino a golden pig toy to throw if he got stressed and at one point I was surprised at how hard he threw it against the table. Nothing else comes to mind, though.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I'd totally love a print version, but am also happy to read it on a Kindle (or the Kindle app on my phone/laptop). The hardest part is that my husband and I can't work out who should buy the book and lend it to the other!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Hm? I hear something in the next room...

(SFX: LONG, CREEPY CREAK.)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

zari-gani posted:

(comedy option: a third for Abe)

Do this, but only if it can be personally delivered to him by a gyaru-o on a motorbike.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

For those of you who are playing the latest Animal Crossing, two GCCX designs:

Regular:

Pro:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

C'mon, don't leave us in the dark - what's the new method?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Please, someone, please tell me you're going to the Bukodan event and can take goon orders. That tote bag..!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I very badly want a Che Guevara style t-shirt with a still of Arino in that beret.

Don't tell me you didn't think of it too.