Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Great upload, I love watching the NC Challenges. Though I would count the Balloon fight NC episode as a challenge even though it was an Iwata Asks.

bpc908 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Ok I've been scouring around the internet trying to find a work uniform like Arino's, but I can't find a place that sells them. Can anyone help me out here. I really want to do a GCCX costume for a con that's coming up.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

rdbbb posted:

The exact one is the Aitoz AZ5320 though. There's a listing on Rakuten but they don't seem to have the right color and the images aren't showing up, so it looks like using a proxy buyer on another store is still the "best" way.

This is way complicated, any easier way to buy the complete uniform?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

rdbbb posted:

Not really. It's how this stuff is sold. Fuji sold a real GCCX-embroidered one a while ago that included pants but that was pretty limited.

how exactly would I get it sent to the US through the site you posted?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Tewratomeh posted:

Maybe Arino would be the Worst Chief if there were anybody to compete with. :v:

Well Arino sort of is the worst chief, he did lose all the crews money gambling in South Korea

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I would love to see the rest of the Nintendo Channel Episodes get posted

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Seeing Arino's tweets makes me hopeful for another in the USA special

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Sucks that we can't get the discotek or the kotaku episodes in their original format. I'd rather watch the originals rather than a terribly dubbed narrator and cut our segments

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Caitlin posted:

To be fair Japan can't get them in their original format either. It's not like it's a US thing. Also the Discotek release has the full Japanese with subs option so yeah.

But they don't have the Tamage and the other segments, only the challenges

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Don't buy them then! You could give back to zari-gani for all of her hard work but I guess it's easier to just take.

Why so much hostility? I was just stating that the dvds don't have the segments that make the show awesome.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Because it's been talked to death and those segments are being released by the team. It just looks like you're making excuses to not spend any money on supporting the show that has given you dozens of hours of free entertainment.

or you know because money's tight and I can't afford the dvd right now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Caitlin posted:

If that's why then why are you complaining? I seriously just explained that we're getting the exact same content on a DVD release as Japan does AND SAGCCX is releasing the segments that were removed, subtitled, separately (when they feel like it which is fine). It seriously seems like you registered just to talk about not buying a great release.

I'm sorry that I don't have $50 to spend. It seems that you have blown my post completely out of Proportion

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

DarkHamsterlord posted:

You literally came in here complaining about how the Kotaku dub sucks and that the DVD doesn't have segments, while implying that you were upset that SAGCCX doesn't break the law by releasing the licensed episodes.

And then only after everyone got mad at you for your lovely post, you started claiming that the only reason you don't buy the DVDs is because you don't have the money. That's fine, but don't act like you said that to begin with and weren't hostile from the start.

All I said was that it sucks that we can't get the kotaku episodes in their true original formats. That's when people got hostile. I'm not criticizing the work that the SAGCCX team is doing. All I did was state my own personal comment and would like to make clear it wasn't meant to be hostile or criticizing of the SAGCCX team or any of the posters in this thread.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I really wish that XSEED released Retro Game Challenge 2 even though the first didn't sell well. At least I have the fan translated version to look forward to. I might just have to buy a flash cart in order to play it.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Caitlin posted:

Yo you should buy the DVDs first.

vv hey dude walked right into that one

Stop doing what you're doing, you said it before, no need to constantly force it on me

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Speaking of art,
you know what piece of art I would like to own, this poster without the Happy Birthday Arino on it. It has every single AD in it and would be cool to have on a walla

bpc908 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 2, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

quakster posted:

Just in case you're not a troll, bpc908, that picture was drawn by a person who posts in this thread and also does most of the SAGCCX subs. :v:

Is there any way I can get in contact with them about making a print of the art? I would love to have it on my wall since it's really awesome.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Blackchamber posted:

Let me preface this by saying: I love Zari-Gani's art. I have two pieces of her work prominently displayed in my home.

I didn't really dig the shirt in the SA-mart thread (which I can't find anymore) and I haven't seen any on other sites that I'd go for (this one I kinda like: http://www.redbubble.com/people/drewwise/works/9173075-kacho-on?p=t-shirt).

I want the Arino statue but its crazy expensive (although it wouldn't be the most expensive toy purchase I've made, drat you Hot Toys!) for what it is, and I'm tempted to make my own using my 3D printer. ZG also got me researching making custom Keshigomu for another GCCX related toy she planted in my head. I have a few more steps to go on making custom fake famicom cartridges that will feature the games from the RGC game. I'm cool with unofficial stuff if it really jumps out at me, believe me.

I want some of the official stuff though to add legitimacy to my collection, and I want stuff that will display well and fit in with all my nerdy crap. I have been sorely tempted to buy the books but I can't read Japanese at all and I haven't been able to determine how much 'art' is in it as opposed to just page after page of text. I want to get the Japanese DVD sets, but they are a bit pricey (the first in the series is almost $100 on eBay) for me right now budgeting for things like comic-con and so on.

Would definitely be great to have the custom famicom carts. Just something about "owning" a copy of Robot Ninja Haggleman or Rally King, is really appealing.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Blackchamber posted:

The 'hard' part is getting the art for the cart sticker. You can pick up some cheap famicom cartridges on ebay and so on and slap them on. I copied the design for my 3D printer which for the cost of plastic is even cheaper. Mine can fit the actual pcb but I'm toying with the idea of making ones that open to reveal dioramas depicting a scene from the game mighty max/polly pocket style.

Well you could always get a custom artist to design the cart art and we could find some way of getting them on the actual carts. They are people on Nintendo Age than I know could do custom cart art that looks really professional

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I'm probably gonna guess its either the second part to Yoshi's island or something bigger

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Anyone know of some places that sell the GCCX merchandise? I know there's ebay but most of it is overpriced.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Makes me wish I was in Japan. They get everything, While I only have the DVD and Retro Game Challenge

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Never realized they had gun nuts in Japan. Everything I've seen made it look like it's a completely peaceful country

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Also finding Arino's Famicom business card holder is a bitch to find. It seems like every store I look says it's out of print.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Rerez posted:

I have never watched this show. Should I start from the beginning of time or should I start from the latest season?

beginning to current.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

So this is a big question that I have no idea has been answered earlier in the thread, but, I know that the Quest of Ki live broadcast first hour was subbed as a joke for April 1st, but will there actually be a proper sub for the Quest of Ki live broadcast?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

leather fedora posted:

I went out into town to meet some friends, and since I happened to be in the area, I stopped by the store to check to see if Her Majesty was still there and lo and behold...

It's not too bad, although I imagined her head would be rounder. Her scepter is also very flimsy but everything else seems to be in decent shape.

If anyone's interested in claiming this, I'm open to offers, although I almost want to give Zari-gani first dibs.

do you know if they're still selling the GCCX books down there in akiba?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Caitlin posted:

So what you're saying is Kibe is well aware of SA-GCCX. :v:

it's pretty much well assumed that the entire crew is aware of SA-GCCX

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Vlaphor posted:

Speaking of the DVD release...just got my copy in today. Started watching Bonanza Bros (Jap lang/ Eng subs) and I'm really digging it so far. I'd like to rip the eps to my computer, but the thread is a bit too long to look through in order to find the instructions. If I could ask for a small link, I'd appreciate it.

3 words
Magic DVD Ripper

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I always wondered this when watching the DVDs. Was it Just Zari-Gani who translated the who thing or was it a team of people translating it for the DVD?

bpc908 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 12, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

As far as I remember there has never been a C&D for fansubs at all. I think we're safe. Kibe has our backs.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Will we be getting the translated side segments for the rest of the dvd episodes soon?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kibe's joke after the woman broke the Crash Bandicoot Disc was absolute gold.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Arino would definitely benefit from another tour of the states. He has one of the largest fanbases outside of Japan here

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Wish I could find a famicom and disk system for cheap, really want to play most of the games Arino's played like The Quest of Ki and Bio Miracle—I'm Upa

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Jamesman posted:

Hey, I'm not demanding anything from you guys. I'm just saying you got a reeaaallll nice establishment here, and it'd be a reeaaallll shame if something bad happened to it because you got lazy and didn't translate the right episodes. :ninja:

Are you threatening them?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Fire Emblem special just came out on Japanese Nintendo Channel, can't wait for the subbed version

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Earthbound shouldn't be a NC exclusive episodes, he needs to play that as one of the challenges in the main show

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I would watch that episode and like it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

What is the fax number to the office that they do the challenges in? I might want to send something if they're doing another live broadcast for Arino's Birthday