Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

rdbbb posted:

twitch and youtube have only made it more impossible to sell GCCX. you could present someone with a game they know, but they probably already saw it via the latest viral video of a blindfolded speedrun or watched some beardo lazily stream it. I think you'd have to lean on its "japanese-ness" more than ever, which isn't much better!

I've noticed nobody here has mentioned that there's a twitch channel now that marathons the show...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I love how the guy in black then has to shake his hand saying "I am your friend!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Potsticker posted:

Nintendo Power definitely made some games like this seem way bigger to me than they ended up being. Especially in this case for a long time I'd be surprised in college when no one had heard of this game or like Shatterhand or Power Blade or even Code Name: Viper.

All four of those are really solid games, that when you see them pop up for like, speedrunners or in tournaments or whatever, everyone is shocked that they didn't know about such fun games.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, the channel has been running for months now, I mentioned it itt back in february. The guy who runs it gives full credit to the translators and is a chill dude. It's fun to sometimes hang out on the channel with others and comment on stuff.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

There was one episode where when he visited a game center a quartet of teenage girls came in and fawned all over him. He convinces them to also fawn over the elderly owner of the place :3: