Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
Are the older episodes available for download anywhere? I wanted to rewatch some, but the links from the website were broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
Looked at a page listing translated GCCX episodes today, and I was struck by how out of the ~300 main episodes produced, more than 200 of them have been fan translated, including almost all of the first 200. That’s not even including the various specials, which there are a ton of.

Overall, it has to come to something like 250+ hours of GCCX, all carefully fan-subbed over the years for our enjoyment. Honestly kind of jaw dropping when I think about it that way.

Thanks so much to SA-GCCX, Goose Canyon, and everyone else for all the hard work! ❤️❤️ I’ve been recovering from an RSI recently and working my way through the episodes has been a wonderful way to let my arms rest.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
A couple random GCCX questions I figured you guys would know the answer to:

1: What's the "Megaman 2 Live" episode? (listed as SP-11 on the SA-GCCX site). I've heard about other live shows but not that one.

2: Just out of curiosity: why has the Yuji Horii interview never ended up subbed? To be clear, I'm not bothering people in the thread to sub it, just curious because it stuck out like a sore thumb in the first ~130 episodes. Does it just have a ton more talking than normal challenge episodes?

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
Looks like the Season 26 opener is Megaman 5! As a big Megaman nerd I'm excited, it's been a while since they've done a classic Megaman game.

Wonder if they'll ever get around to X3 though...kinda feel like that game is too boring to make a good challenge.

e: this is what google translate gives for the tweet announcing the episode:

★ The 26th season starts ★
The first broadcast of the latest # 337 will be from 24:00 on Thursday, April 28th.
"Rockman 5 Bruce's Trap! ?? 』(FC) challenge.
Arino challenges the series that has played many famous games! Will the first race of the new season start with a white star? !!

wanna play Rockman 5 Bruce's Trap

wocobob fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Apr 23, 2022

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
LocationScouts also just dropped another episode!

https://twitter.com/LSKachoSubs/status/1637583113151823872

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
The Twinbee episode is so good...a classic early Inoue episode.

"A genuine 25 second game over."

wocobob fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
https://twitter.com/LSKachoSubs/status/1645551002551042052?cxt=HHwWiIC-7eL6ldYtAAAA